No announcement yet.

Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now i mentioned my fuel pump has been on the way out for a while so let me explain. UrS4boy recommends changing the pump every 100k or so, which is a good idea, but i didn't realise i was still on the original 20 year old after over 200k

I thought a fuel pump was either working or not working, no in-between . However i now know my pump has been dying slowly over the past months. I thought my car always used to boost to about 19-20psi and recently its been all over the place down to as low as 10psi sometimes. I thought it was a boost leak, turns out it was the fuel pump

After changing the pump i am now seeing consistent boost like it used to...and its absolutely flying i didn't realise i was so down on power!

Moral of the story if you don't know when your pump was changed it might be a good way to spend £100
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Fuel Pump Replacement Procedure Hints

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
      UrS4boy recommends changing the pump every 100k or so, which is a good idea...Moral of the story if you don't know when your pump was changed it might be a good way to spend £100
      DING!

http://12v.org/urs/Fuel%20Pump%20Tes...eduresRev3.pdf

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        DING!

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
          Now i mentioned my fuel pump has been on the way out for a while so let me explain. UrS4boy recommends changing the pump every 100k or so, which is a good idea, but i didn't realise i was still on the original 20 year old after over 200k

I thought a fuel pump was either working or not working, no in-between . However i now know my pump has been dying slowly over the past months. I thought my car always used to boost to about 19-20psi and recently its been all over the place down to as low as 10psi sometimes. I thought it was a boost leak, turns out it was the fuel pump

After changing the pump i am now seeing consistent boost like it used to...and its absolutely flying i didn't realise i was so down on power!

Moral of the story if you don't know when your pump was changed it might be a good way to spend £100
          Thanks for sharing,that sure will clear up a few people's low boost problems.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post

DING !
            What did I tell you / How many times do I have to keep telling you before you start listening to me ?

Dave is right though. Michael's post testifies yet again re fuel pumps, and replacing them in time.

NCT Dave.

Comment

• More s2 jobs to do:
              Attached Files
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Which propshaft bearing did you get and where from?

Comment

• Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
                  Which propshaft bearing did you get and where from?
                  Finally got round to getting my new center bearing fitted. Mechanic said it was a straight fit no extending the holes or anything like i have read some have had to do. If anyone wants want one let me now and i can see if they have any left. As you can see my old one was well passed it.

Unfortunately they couldn't get the drain plug undone on the diff and didn't want to try a big bar for fear of damage so thats a job still to do.
                  Attached Files
                  1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• they'll need to heat it, mike. my mechanic pal, david couln't get the tub's diff plugs off and he's a ****in" brute!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

• Any news?
                      Next plans?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• I posted this nearly exactly a year ago. God knows how I've managed to cover 8000 miles in the last year!
                        Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                        Just ticked over 200000 miles this week... these cars were built to last

Originally posted by Classix View Post
                        Any news?
                        Next plans?)

Been shopping at Audi and Audi tradition, updates in next few weeks...stay tuned
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Subscribed!

Comment

• It had to be done

Was going to clean it first before putting a photo up, but i couldn't resist
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Mmmm nice...

Comment

• Nice, just a cheeky 1, are you selling your a8 multi spoke wheels you previously had on?

Comment

Working...
                                X