Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
    use a small spanner on the bulb houses and it makes it so much easier to undo-do up

makes life much easier
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

3"

Time for some more noise. Milltek cat-back currently fitted is nice, but 3" custom is in the pipeline

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

you'll waken up every farmer in the area!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Who is doing the custom? How loud/how many boxes?
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
            Who is doing the custom? How loud/how many boxes?
            Stainless Creations Falkirk as they know their stuff. Setup will be similar to what i ran out my old coupe:
            3" downpipe, into single sports cat, single 3" pipe reducing to 2.75" before backbox, then backbox similar to the Milltek type.

Will be quite loud when accelerating but not much louder than current setup at idle/cruise.

Will be another couple of months before its done.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

aux gauge bulbs

All bulbs working and nice and bright

I have loads of spare bulbs if anyone needs any.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

looks great, mike. what kind of money are they charging you for the exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                  looks great, mike. what kind of money are they charging you for the exhaust?
                  Not sure yet... Probably about £800-£1000. I wouldn't go anywhere else for a custom exhaust though.
                  1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

that seems rather steep, mike. i was quoted £360 for the s6 at this place plus the cost of the cat if so desired. simon does an excellent job and is far from being your typical dirty faced, expletive prone welder..

http://www.simonscustomexhausts.co.uk/

Comment

that seems rather steep, mike. i was quoted £360 for the s6 at this place plus the cost of the cat if so desired. simon does an excellent job and is far from being your typical dirty faced, expletive prone welder..

Cheers, is that a full system from turbo? That seems very cheap to me Tempting though
                      A Milltek cat-back is about £500 last time i checked. I already have the middle pipe/sport cat so i won't be paying the full whack anyway.
                      Last edited by Michael S2; 24 August 2014, 09:39. Reason: spelling
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

That would be insanely cheap for a turbo back including downpipe made from 3" mandrel bends.

He quoted me £550 for a turbo back 3" single box system, reusing part of the downpipe.

Stainless creations quoted £400-£600 for the exhaust, depending on the quality of the box wanted, and £200-£250 for the downpipe, so £850 for a proper one.
                        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

£360 seems crazy cheap!! I got my custom downpipe and sports cats from AAS on Bells Ind Est Newcastle highly recommended cost £800 if I remember correctly and mine has a super sound to it

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
                            All bulbs working and nice and bright

I have loads of spare bulbs if anyone needs any.
                            200k miles, and still plenty of oil pressure, eh Mike

Comment

Cheers bud, still running great.

Just been to asda before starting work and not in the best of moods. When a random guy shouts "classic car there mate" as i was putting bags in my car. Cheered me up a bit
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

it makes all the fixed faults worthwhile, doesn't it!?

Comment

Working...
                                X