Ruby Red Audi S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
    Thanks Error, no going back once its cut. Surprised the kit does not come precut to S2 spec. For reference i cut mine to 75mm seemed about right.
    My guess is the hose "kit" starts as 160 mm so it will work for the AAN as well. Turns out your 75 mm guess was excellent since the factory suggests 73 mm for the S2/RS2 (different water manifold than the AAN).

Looks like a non-stock fitting for this RS2 ADU (at the front end of the water manifold)

Last edited by UrS4boy; 24 May 2014, 20:27.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
      ...I will have to up date my turbo coolant hose info post accordingly.
      Done: http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/72682.phtml

Added this:

"NOTE: Because of the different design of the S2/RS2 (ABY/ADU) water manifold (because of the radiator at the side of the engine, not the front like the AAN), the rubber turbo coolant return hose, while it has the same PN, N 0202621, it is only 73 mm long, not 160 mm like the AAN.

Here is a view of an RS2 ADU water manifold showing the different location of the outlet to the radiator and the more frontal location of the connection to the turbo coolant return hose (in this example, an after market fitting has been installed).

"

Last edited by UrS4boy; 24 May 2014, 21:30.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Just ticked over 200000 miles this week... these cars were built to last

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

[/QUOTE]

Mmm Very impressive detailed engine photo.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Just ticked over 200000 miles this week... these cars were built to last

Glad the cars all fixed now and running well.My AAN has just turned over 200,000 and like you say built to last. As i said a while back your cars a beauty and in that scenery looks fabulous.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Thought my leak issues were solved when i changed some old hoses.... then my rad began to leak a week later

Replacement arrived so hopefully i can get it fitted this weekend.
              Attached Files
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Thought my leak issues were solved when i changed some old hoses.... then my rad began to leak a week later

Replacement arrived so hopefully i can get it fitted this weekend.
                aka "i fixed something on my old audi and then something else broke a week later"

that's old audis for you!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

What rad did you go for?
                  Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                  Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                    What rad did you go for?
                    Just another Behr.

Been enjoying the S2

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Just another Behr.

Been enjoying the S2

Sensible move i think going with another original equipment Behr at £150.Thats good value! They are obviously good to last all these years. My 90 20v never had a problem with cracked/split plastic tank and it's 23 years old. Your car is one of my favorites on the forum.Enjoy the drives
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Aux gauge bulb change

My oil pressure gauge bulb went dark a while ago, so i thought it was about time i changed it.

Jas11n made a very good guide a while back on this topic. Typically i couldn't find it this morning while searching.

However i cracked on anyway...

Easy enough job to do just take your time there are a couple of hidden screws. I won't repeat what Jas11n wrote, but here are a few bits that i found a bit tricky.

Easist way to remove diff lock switch is with a knife or scraper:

Took me a minute to figure out how these come off:

...the answer pull hard they just clip in. They only go in one way as well so you can't go wrong putting the switch back together.

Next up the aux gauge bulbs themselves. I've circled 2 of the 3. My fingures are still red getting these off. These need twisted anti-clockwise before they'll come out. The bulb itself then pulls out easy. Getting them back in is again very fiddly.

I should note i also changed the heater knob bulbs as well as they are the same bulb type and its worthwhile doing the lot when your in there.
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

great job, mike - now get the hoover out on that floor mat and the toothbrush into that diff lock switch!!!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

use a small spanner on the bulb houses and it makes it so much easier to undo-do up

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                              great job, mike - now get the hoover out on that floor mat and the toothbrush into that diff lock switch!!!

Cheers, well chuffed things went to plan. Diff switch will be back out soon as at least 1 bulb is out. I don't think its as easy to fit new bulbs to this. More reading on the forum to be done.

Too busy driving to do much cleaning inside

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
                              use a small spanner on the bulb houses and it makes it so much easier to undo-do up
                              The plastic seemed fairly fragile which is why i avoided this, but it would probably be easier right enough.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

it will be fine

Comment

Working...
                                X