X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice looking avant, nice and tidy
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

That's very nice avant michael, I've got a s2 coupe in ruby red to be honest I was not happy on colour at first as it needed painting then i had option of changing colour but I thought it was a colour I had not seen on s2 aby coupe before,only on avant and it's just about ready for summer

Comment

I wasn't too sure at first about the colour. I've always had black or blue cars, but i wanted something a bit different this time. After a good polish and wax it is really nice.

No major plans for this car as its well sorted already. However i have a few nice bits to fit soon and will update as and when i can.

No doubt i'll be asking for advice when something goes wrong as well
        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Good to hear you have got another S2
          Will miss Crieff but maybe there will be another meet soon.

cheers

Steve

Comment

More nice pics only thing I would do and its only my opinion would be to get rid of the tow bar late otherwise perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
              Thanks Martin, yep plan on being at Crieff. Maybe meet you somewhere en-route?
              Yeah sure! will PM you
              95 Coupe Kingfisher ABY

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                More nice pics only thing I would do and its only my opinion would be to get rid of the tow bar late otherwise perfect
                Yeah, Mike - I thought you were in a hurry to get rid of the Towbar

Great to hear all these positive comments about her- as if I wasn't missing her enough already

Enjoy, Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
                  Good to hear you have got another S2
                  Will miss Crieff but maybe there will be another meet soon.

cheers

Steve
                  cheers Steve, shame you won't make it, another meet in the summer would be good

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                  Agree Anthony, it will be off when i get a chance

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                  Yeah, Mike - I thought you were in a hurry to get rid of the Towbar

Great to hear all these positive comments about her- as if I wasn't missing her enough already

Enjoy, Buddy
                  Cheers bud, was well worth the long journey to collect this beauty. Would keep the towbar, but i have nothing to tow

oh... and the RS4 wheels are going nowhere, they will be refurbed as well at some point
                  1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

help please

I have a coolant leak on the avant:

Definately coming from the area pictured. Its dry from the thermostat housing up.

By the time i got everything off out the way to investigate, it was nearly dried up... i'm not sure if its coming from the thermostat housing or the small pipe. Guess its best to take the housing off and have a look.

Have read about the small pipe leaking but has anyone heard of leaks from thermostat housing?
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

There is a big O ring between the thermostat housing and the block, it can leak there, pipe off to the side can leak as you say.

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Yeah that's it.The big rubber o ring has probably gone. Would need to clean the area up first and then the block and thermo housing once the thermotat housing is removed.Change the thermostat for a new one but check it works first with a thermometer and bring up in a pan towards the opening temperature which is 87 degrees.
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Not funny to get to is it

While you're in there.

Clean or replace that oil pressure switch.
                          Change the small hose that goes off to the pipe round the front behind the cam cover.
                          Remove clean and/or replace and retorque the knock sensors.

Anything else?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            While you're in there:
                            Change the small hose that goes off to the pipe round the front behind the cam cover.
                            In case it is needed, here are some links to more info:

Oil pressure switch info:
                            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml

Turbo coolant return line info:
                            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/72682.phtml

Knock Sensor info:
                            http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/21047.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks Andy and Voursch, definately worth replacing when i'm in the area.

Thanks Newsh, PITA to get radiator and fan out... i know i'm going to forget to connect something when putting it all back.
                              Can't think what other pipe you mean but i'll check again...not a job i want to repeat anytime soon

Great links UrS4boy bit confusing for a novice mechanic like myself
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Not funny to get to is it

While you're in there.

Anything else?
                                Agree with all of these, was about to post same when I saw your photo.

Bit of degreasing to do ?

Last edited by macspring; 15 April 2015, 00:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X