Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ross View Post
    Bit of predictive text going on there?

Not to go off topic (I'll save it for my thread) but I would like to know how you got on with the cambelt change Steve! Garage meet at my place
    yes the Kindle doing its best to wreck the English language!

As for the cambelt, it took me about a week, taking my time during the evening and at the weekend. If you take your time it is not too bad. Stripping the front off took me about three hours. Then I spent an hour taking measurements, marking the positions of everything and taking photos. I cranked the engine backwards and forwards a few times to double check all my settings too. I also had to buy some studding to adapt the crank locking tool I had borrowed too.

I bought a 1m 3/4 inch breaker bar and socket to undo the crankbolt, which was my biggest fear, it actually came undone fairly easily. I could not get the crank sprocket off the crank, so left it on as it had been replaced at the last cambelt service and looked perfect.

Anyway, cutting a long story short, if you feel confident and have time, have a go, it is not that bad. You are welcome to borrow my breaker bar and socket too if you need them..

Cheers

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm getting a bit impatient... paid for Roose hoses nearly 3 weeks ago and still haven't received them. I know they are made to order but is this normal?

I've changed the thermostat and done a bit of cleaning. Can't do much else but wait

Had a look at MFTS wiring Tony... looks tidy enough to me but electrics is not my strong point. What would you advise? some soldering or new connectors?

Below is the small upper hose that ends in the banjo bolt. Easy enough to remove as it literally fell apart as i removed it. It was very brittle and past its best.

The other small hose which goes to the thermostat housing was a nightmare to remove. Thought i was going to have to cut it but eventually it came off.

Some cleaning to be done...

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

That's where your PAS fluid leak is coming from then. do you want one? I have a nice one off an ABY
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Am i being blind? Where do you see the PAS fluid leak coming from?
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

All that baked on crud looks like PAS fluid to me
            I thought that hose you had there was the PAS fluid supply to the pump, that ends in a banjo.
            I see now you meant the coolant line to the turbo?
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry, yes the knackered hose is the coolant hose from banjo on water manifold to turbo. (more than likely the source of my leak in the first place.)
              The power steering hose from the rack to pump split a while ago so i presume thats where all the mess came from. Still some cleaning to be done.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Finally received my hoses today. The main hose i needed seems to be about twice as long as the one that came off (photo below)

Its also slightly thicker at one end than the other but the pipes it attaches to look the same size as each other. Before i go hacking my new hose in half... am i missing somehting obvious here?

Really want to get this sorted tomorrow.
                1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

have never seen that colour before - it's superbaaaaad !!

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

Whilst you were waiting for the hoses- you could have taken the towbar off, Mike

Comment

Turbo coolant line info including rubber hose PN

The hose that crumbled in your hand was NOT the correct hose. The original must have been replaced in the past. The correct PN for the hose is N0202621. I once ordered that PN (you normally can only get 1 metre lengths). This is what they sent (correct PN but wrong material - somebody screwed up royally somewhere):

Looks like what you had:

The proper hose looks like this one (all rubber, many layers, etc):

As detailed in the post linked below, the proper length is 160 mm so your new one looks about right:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/72682.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

All sorted

Ended up cutting the hose. If i just left it, it would be curving around the metal return pipe. The gap is only about 30mm between banjo end and metal coolant pipe. (forgot to take photo).

Only thing that would explain it is if some water manifolds are different. i.e. my banjo is nearer pulleys (front) of engine, where as the photo you posted looks like the banjo is nearer the gearbox end (back).

Thanks for the help

Moving on... photos on location tomorrow (weather permiting)
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

AAN is longer, you need to cut it for the S2/RS2 application. Not sure why, someone measured it wrong when they were making the templates for the hoses I guess
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                            have never seen that colour before - it's superbaaaaad !!
                            cheers, i like it too

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                            Whilst you were waiting for the hoses- you could have taken the towbar off, Mike
                            Its half off Tony
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                              AAN is longer, you need to cut it for the S2/RS2 application. Not sure why, someone measured it wrong when they were making the templates for the hoses I guess
                              Thanks Error, no going back once its cut. Surprised the kit does not come precut to S2 spec.

For reference i cut mine to 75mm seemed about right. Also for those considering new hoses, the colour of my hoses is the classic OE black Roose offer, much nicer than the shiny black imo.
                              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                                I just asked Kate, she was on her lunch break at the parts department and she says that while the S2/RS2 hose PN is still N 0202621, the length for the S2/RS2 is designated as 73 mm, not the 160 mm of the AAN. Hmm... I did NOT know that.

I will have to up date my turbo coolant hose info post accordingly.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                                X