Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
    Cheers bud, still running great.

Just been to asda before starting work and not in the best of moods. When a random guy shouts "classic car there mate" as i was putting bags in my car. Cheered me up a bit
    It happened to me once in my UR, in a McDonalds car park- I was grinning for hours

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
      Cheers bud, still running great.

Just been to asda before starting work and not in the best of moods. When a random guy shouts "classic car there mate" as i was putting bags in my car. Cheered me up a bit
      It does put a smile on your face when people comment on your car, I was parking up in legoland last week when a guy starting pointing and shouting , I opened the door to see him running over screaming " no way did you know you have Porsche wheels on your audi" lol I really wanted to say thieving *******s I just bought new wheel caps for it , even my wife smiled lol

Comment

Avant movie

Not posted much recently (must mean everything is well with the S2 )

Anyway, rather than me drinking beer tonight, i thought i'd let the car drink some Ultimate petrol instead. Always wanted to make an S2 film, so i put a few clips together. I could do with a camera man and also my battery doesn't last long recording HD.

http://youtu.be/YkDc50xhWGU

Better video to come when i get my exhaust made up.
        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

When's the next Scottish meet can't wait to see your S2 Michael sounds very nice no rattles etc nice ride you've got

Comment

The back seats were folded down and my mountain bike was in the back, so its not too rattly considering. A Scottish meet would be good in the next month or two.

Just managed over 300 miles to a tank. Not bad after some fast driving last night.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

yup, i'd be up for that and i'm sure that some of the classic audi chaps would too . .

1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

Comment

I am up for a meet now the S2 is on the road again, I am sure Martin, Campbell and Eddy etc can be persuaded.
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

great stuff - i've emailed anthony as he will likely be the furthest travelled to see where suits him too . ..

Comment

Originally posted by geneandbolly View Post
                    that seems rather steep, mike. i was quoted £360 for the s6 at this place plus the cost of the cat if so desired. simon does an excellent job and is far from being your typical dirty faced, expletive prone welder..

http://www.simonscustomexhausts.co.uk/

It cost me over £300 just to buy the tube & bends to make my 3" turbo back system and it took over 20 hours work, £60 of gas, rods, plus other consumables, not even factoring in VAT and overheads, £1000 is about right for a quality job.
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• 3" custom exhaust

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• that looks like a nice job, mike

what does it sound like??!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post

That's bloody massive!!! Bet it sounds good Michael!? Your neighbours will love you!

Comment

• Video please, looks very nice

Comment

• Cheers, it sounds pretty damn good

Its not exactly as i asked for, but that may be my fault. I asked for 3" from turbo, sports cat into Milltek back box. However they left the Milltek middle box in. I said leave it just now and if its not loud enough i can have a straight section put in. Bit of confusion somewhere, but not to worry it looks a good job to me. Not boomy at all but sounds much more purposeful which is what i wanted.

Its away getting MOTd now but i'll try and get a video soon.

1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

• Looks good, Mike- and I bet it sounds fantastic
                                But isn't it a bit low to the ground where the original Cat spring mountings were? It wouldn't have cleared the kerb to fit in my drive

Gagging to hear it Bud

Comment

Working...
                                X