Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi 80 B4 Quattro sedan with a V8 engine :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_GORDON View Post
    Great job mate

One question, really two:

- who modifications of the KWs?

- who better? H&R or KW?

Ps. I'm disappointed with my KW v1
    The KW suspension can be ordered from audiland.de or gepfeffert.com

I cannot say what exactly will be modified. The rear axle has a 2 spring system compared to the standard V3.

I haven't ridden the KW very much yet. However, found it very pleasant from the very first few meters. The H&R was significantly tighter. The KW is almost too soft for me on the rear axle in a direct comparison. But that can be adjusted thanks to V3.

Comment

Almost 3 years after my last post, I would like to get in touch again.

Not much happened. Everything that happens to the sedan are improvements that I have requested.

At the end of 2021 I started to construct a new brake system for the rear axle.
      I also had a holder made for the Pierburg E3L fuel pump, since I was still using the standard pump.

So the following is new on the vehicle:

- Rear axle brake converted to 4-piston with separate handbrake caliper.
      - Pierburg E3L fuel pump

Here are a few more pictures of the vehicle, which were taken in 2022.

At the beginning of the 2023 season, the idea came to me again to give the vehicle a touch of motorsport.
      I had been thinking about installing a shifter for a long time, but the look in the interior was too extreme for me.

Just in time for the end of 2022, CAE brought a street shifter onto the market, which does not have the usual structure, but is a little more discreet. After a short consultation with CAE, they were able to offer me the shifter for a standard gear knob and without having to pull anything up to unlock the reverse gear.

So I got one of the first shifters of its kind. You can now also order it that way.

But that's not enough. New rims were needed. Not that the BBS LeMans aren't good, but I wanted a one-piece suit in matt black with an open design. Then there are semi-slicks.

After a lot of searching, I found the OZ Challenge HLT in 8.5x18", which I liked on Anhib. After a few weeks, the set came to me fresh from Italy.

In the middle of the year the H-registration took place (vintage car registration after 30 years).

Now I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Please also visit the Instagram profiles of the people who took the pictures.

Picture 1-12 gassert_

Picture 13-22 varietas_photography

​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​

​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​
      ​

Comment

The wheels are nice indeed. Great pics and a great sedan!

Comment

Love it
          I want that CAE shifter
          00 S8
          94 RS2
          94 80 Competition
          88 urquattro 20vt

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback

The CAE shifter is fun. A completely different driving experience compared to the standard gearshift with linkage.

Comment

Sehr geiles Auto, wie kriegt man diese Räder eingetragen?

Comment

That looks stunning, you have a good eye for detail, I think I preffer the BBS wheels but the car has a meaner look with the black OZ rims.

I see your running the same tyres as me on my black B3.
                1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                X