No announcement yet.

My URS6 Plus Speck Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Mark, I'm glad to see your doing her justice.
    I told you she was a great car when you were looking to buy.
    Ref previous paint job, the bonnet was painted but the wings were not and the bumper was from spink as the original was horrid.
    Doing a good job there and that car has always been the best looking S6.
    Last edited by moggies; 20 March 2018, 15:06.

Comment

That's looking lovely
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moggies View Post
        Well Mark, I'm glad to see your doing her justice.
        I told you she was a great car when you were looking to buy.
        Ref previous paint job, the bonnet was painted but the wings were not and the bumper was from spink as the original was horrid.
        Doing a good job there and that car has always been the best looking S6.
        Hi Steve, good to hear from you mate. I'm still chuffed i bought her, as you said she's an excellent car and she's certainly proved that!

I've put a new bonnet on her so the front lower edge profile is perfect and i have a brand new S6 Plus Spec grill with new badges all-round that i'll fit. She's also had new genuine Audi wings and all 4 new lower door rubbers that i bought from Audi ten years ago. Thanks for letting me know about the bumper that is good news. I'm very busy with all sorts atm but the car will get all new suspension that i've already got, i just don't know when. The front callipers are fine but i'm definitely getting them sent of to Big Red very soon so they'll match the rears so she should look good when she's on the S2 stand at ADI later in the year.
        Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 21 March 2018, 23:59. Reason: Thanks Moggies and Newsh Spec corrected now. Lol
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
          That's looking lovely
          Cheers, doing the best i can.
          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Great looking car once it's on the road you will have to organise a meet so you can show off that mighty beast!!! Great job mate

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
              Great looking car once it's on the road you will have to organise a meet so you can show off that mighty beast!!! Great job mate
              Cheers Anthony that sounds like a good idea,....... a 1000 mile munch of Scottish roads with other S cars.
              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Mark, what suspension have you to go on? Don't make the mistake of lowering and stiffening, you will hate the ride.

That car was like a go cart when I bought her with h+r kit, not suited to the smooth, effortless limo drive she was designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by moggies View Post
                  Mark, what suspension have you to go on? Don't make the mistake of lowering and stiffening, you will hate the ride.

That car was like a go cart when I bought her with h+r kit, not suited to the smooth, effortless limo drive she was designed for.
                  She's staying as she is spring wise what was on the the car when you sold it to me, factory sport 2 pink 1 silver the hardest of the 2 Audi supplied sport springs which is perfect for me. She's getting new Bilsteins B6s around and red (75 shore) polybushes which is street density and Oem + , the bushes alone will improve smooth out the ride yet stiffen up the chassis over the old worn out ones. I've always used the car at 44psi in the tyres as per factory preffering the handling and sharpness in the steering.

Can't wait really,i have all the bits here it's finding the time to strip it all out shot blast and paint everything under there and rebuild it all. I'm going to start with the front first.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Cheers Anthony that sounds like a good idea,....... a 1000 mile munch of Scottish roads with other S cars.

end of the summer? my car is off the road atm, hope to find the time to have all upgrades done this summer, at least those that keep it standing now (like removal of the f***ing alarm)

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post

end of the summer? my car is off the road atm, hope to find the time to have all upgrades done this summer, at least those that keep it standing now (like removal of the f***ing alarm)
                      That would be ideal, but..........i'm in the same boat as you, Quoting you " hope to find the time to have all upgrades done this summer" Plus i'm about to take our A2 1.4 petrol of the road and rebuild it's engine it has piston slap and the cabriolet needs some jobs doing. !

Another tour is definitely high on my priorities though, you can be assured of that i just don't know when?
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

I thought I was OK with 4 cars, but atm only 1 is on the road, S2 under constant revision, A4 dropped all coolant, 80q injector seals (and by now probably loads of other stuff getting old). Only the A8 is going strong.

btw: can't you fit a VR5 in the A2?

Comment

Hey bud
                          Good work on the S6
                          Shouldn’t it be Plus Spec ( without the K) Short for specification?
                          Speck in German means bacon

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                            I thought I was OK with 4 cars, but atm only 1 is on the road, S2 under constant revision, A4 dropped all coolant, 80q injector seals (and by now probably loads of other stuff getting old). Only the A8 is going strong.

btw: can't you fit a VR5 in the A2?
                            Sounds like your a serial Audi nut like me. Think we both better book into a clinic.

I don't know Hmmmmmm. That thought never entered my mind, or have i ever heard of it, but what a great idea an A2 weighing 985kg with the VR5 5 pot sound.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                              Hey bud
                              Good work on the S6
                              Shouldn’t it be Plus Spec ( without the K) Short for specification?
                              Speck in German means bacon

Actually your the second person to point this out to me today on here. Spelling was never a strong point for me and now i'm having to teach Oliver.

Cheers John.
                              94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

Actually your the second person to point this out to me today on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X