No announcement yet.

Scratched my RS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like my dad always says "Metal can be replaced". Glad both of you are well. Wish speedy recovery.
    '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
    '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Glad your Dog Holly is ok Charlie. They have undivided affection for you just like my Cocker Spaniel Bonni. Most Saturday afternoons we go up to Kielder for a nice relaxing walk after the stress and pressures of work during the week and she loves a swim etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
        Thought: Buy an Audi 80 avant and swap *ALL* of the RS2 goodies into the shell. A lot of work but you'd have an RS2 (clone) again. Depending how creative you wanted to be, you could even swap the VIN on cowl and ARGE plate to really re-create your RS2.

Maybe.
        Impossible. Underwriters want the shell including VIN details so they can ensure it never sees the light of day again. The car is really, really broken and bent and twisted, the seats are mangled, the subframes I suspect will be unusable. I did a pretty good job of causing maximum damage to the car whilst causing minimal damage to myself and my dog.
        RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
        RS2 - LHD on the road again
        RS2 - reduced to component parts
        RS2 Saloon replica
        A4 1.8T
        BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
        sigpic

Comment

Cute dog! Glad she's OK too
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Wow really glad to see you and Holly are ok after this gutted about the motor but that can be replaced you and Holly can't she looks a real cracker and with a loyal companion like that they can help put a smile on your face even when things get really ******

sent from my not so smart phone
            ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
            THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Double post

sent from my not so smart phone
              ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
              THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

cute doggy!

Comment

Gutted for your Charlie, glad to see that you and your dog are ok however.

I've always said, whenever on the road you need to be careful for what other road users are doing and not so much that accidents would be caused by your own driving! Some real ***holes on the road out there

Take care and the best of health!
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Once you get your head arround losing your pride and joy, it might take a few weeks, you'll take the insurance money and buy a replacement and you'll be back on the road. Be very thankful you are both okay.
                    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Cool dug. Hope the insurance people don't break your spirit.

Meantime I expect the stupid **** in the black merc is driving around blissfully unaware of the damage and misery they caused.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post

Meantime I expect the stupid **** in the black merc is driving around blissfully unaware of the damage and misery they caused.
                        Maybe it's worth it to go and look on the same day at the same time too see if he passes again. Last year I caught the guy how hit my car and drove off that way
                        1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post

Or worse still, he knew exactly what he/she had done and drove off anyway.

I hate the thought of having a recording device in my car but more and more people on the roads show me on an almost daily basis how utterly bereft of basic talent they are. It is inexcusable when in supposed control of a 2 tonne weapon.

I was having a big argument the other day with a friend who said speed laws and the way motorists were caught are fair. I do not condone careless speed but to suggest speed is the biggest contributor to accidents is idiotic. Rubbish driving is to blame and that can take shape in so many ways, most of which the law are blind to or cannot possibly police properly.

I live in a very rural area and lose count of the amount of times I am almost run off the road. The biggest issue is people having no clue about the dimensions of their vehicle. It mostly tends to be either the tiniest cars or very shiny/clean 4WDs that have never seen a field. I'm always looking in my side mirror as cars scorch past me on my side of the road, so I can confirm how many feet they are away from the verge on their side of the road. Quite often it is many. It is a joke.

Would love to see this incident caught on in car cam and then be handed to the police so they can actually pursue the fool who basically forced you off the road. They should have their licence taken away before having to demonstrate again that they can actually drive in a safe, considerate manner and also be instructed to pay you for any shortfall in cash that you have to weather as a result of this. Considerate does not equal slow and fast does not necessarily equal inconsiderate.

Far too many numpties on the road.

Comment

^^^^^^^^

Blimey,i actually agree with you!

Well said.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

+1 ^^^

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                                Or worse still, he knew exactly what he/she had done and drove off anyway.

I hate the thought of having a recording device in my car but more and more people on the roads show me on an almost daily basis how utterly bereft of basic talent they are. It is inexcusable when in supposed control of a 2 tonne weapon.

I was having a big argument the other day with a friend who said speed laws and the way motorists were caught are fair. I do not condone careless speed but to suggest speed is the biggest contributor to accidents is idiotic. Rubbish driving is to blame and that can take shape in so many ways, most of which the law are blind to or cannot possibly police properly.

I live in a very rural area and lose count of the amount of times I am almost run off the road. The biggest issue is people having no clue about the dimensions of their vehicle. It mostly tends to be either the tiniest cars or very shiny/clean 4WDs that have never seen a field. I'm always looking in my side mirror as cars scorch past me on my side of the road, so I can confirm how many feet they are away from the verge on their side of the road. Quite often it is many. It is a joke.

Would love to see this incident caught on in car cam and then be handed to the police so they can actually pursue the fool who basically forced you off the road. They should have their licence taken away before having to demonstrate again that they can actually drive in a safe, considerate manner and also be instructed to pay you for any shortfall in cash that you have to weather as a result of this. Considerate does not equal slow and fast does not necessarily equal inconsiderate.

Far too many numpties on the road.
                                This.

Unfortunately I took the decision to fit hard wired dash cams to all the family vehicles after one of my family was hit in a similar fashion. Country road in the fens, night time, no other traffic around, relative stopped before a bridge that wasn't wide enough for two cars, oncoming guy in his bosses Hilux drove down the side of our car and went off the road into a ditch into a tree. No witnesses. Pick up driver made up a witness and 7500 claim to repair the Hilux went down with my family member at fault. Our insurer were not willing to go to court

Cameras fitted a month or two after

Came in handy for another *cough cough* of our family last month, a taxi driver pulled out side road into side of our banger DIY estate car that was crawling along an urban 30 mph road in stop start rush hour traffic, showed the taxi driver the dashcam footage, his boss arrived with 2 minutes, estate car dropped with the bodyshop taxi company used and taxi company paid cash. What the outcome would have been without the camera I'm not sure. After the camera was pointed out in the windscreen, the taxi driver insisted on seeing the footage played back.

The SD card is simple enough to reformat. Only takes three or four button presses to do it, and the format then takes about 20 seconds. Handy if you've been over the speed limit, run a red light at 1am, or you are having an affair (JOKE)

I find I am more relaxed driving with the camera. Its your witness if you need it. The camera doesn't lie. It has the time, GPS, and mph recorded. And I also find I drive a teeny bit more steadily as a result.
                                B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Working...
                                X