No announcement yet.

Kit bumping his S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good timing with all those rs2 bits having just been stripped off your mates car

Comment

That is pish, still metal can be fixed and replaced.

Diesel spills on roundabouts give you a proper fright around here, a corner you can go round at 30, you cruise round at 15 and the car just starts to rotate and you would swear you were on ice!
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
        That is pish, still metal can be fixed and replaced.

Diesel spills on roundabouts give you a proper fright around here, a corner you can go round at 30, you cruise round at 15 and the car just starts to rotate and you would swear you were on ice!

The road was incredibly slippery, even the police remarked upon how bad it was and said how unlucky I was. Fresh rain after weeks of dry weather is a ****** for it, I thought I was driving accordingly but obviously not. Didn't even have a chance to floor it and try and pull the car straight, the back end just whipped around.

It's a real sod, if I want to resurrect the car I can't involve the insurance as it would be a Cat B, the nearside suspension tower has moved a little and they'd automatically slap a B rating on it as it's chassis damage. It's nothing major, I've already worked out how to fix it, I've got access to hydraulic body jacks and have repaired worse in the past, hell I'll weld a new fitch in if I have to but I really don't think It'll come to that.

The offside inner wing isn't too pretty either which would also ensure a B rating, but I cut the one out of Charlie's RS2 before it went for scrap so if I can't beat it straight I'll weld in the replacement.

When it come's to fixing it I'm going pull the engine and box out, clear the engine bay and drop all the rear running gear then put it on a home made jig which I'll fabricate out of box section steel to make sure I get it properly straight again. I think the critical dimensions are in the Bentley manual which is handy.

I'm considering caging it and changing the roof skin to do away with the sunroof and turning it into dedicated track/drag racing car. It'll be sometime before I get onto it, all my VW's need to go first....

Ah well, at least I'm still here.
        Last edited by K Simmonds; 26 August 2016, 01:52. Reason: More info.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

A cage? Full? I'm going half with M/W but wonder just how carried away I get. Might cage the RS2 Saloon there again that might just be a purist thing....

Just gonna go have a quick scan of Fleabay - ya never know...
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cardcrash View Post
            A cage? Full? I'm going half with M/W but wonder just how carried away I get. Might cage the RS2 Saloon there again that might just be a purist thing....

Just gonna go have a quick scan of Fleabay - ya never know...
            I'm also on the look out for a Saloon for you mate, we'll find one. There is a guy over Talgarth way with a half decent V6 in white which would be a good starting point.

Tristan would be able to give you more info than me and tell you who the current owner is and if their looking to sell.

Personally I'd make the RS2 Saloon as luxurious as possible, with every extra in the book, maybe even the gun holder just for the hell of it, such a pity we can't drive around in the UK with loaded 1911 to hand in order to protect our homes and families. (Private Joke, this wouldn't be cool)

You'll have mental wheels for all other requirements.

I'm not ruling any options out with the S2, but am thinking seriously light weight and huge power, maybe I'll build a dedicated drag racing car as it appears I can't go around corners, and of course I'll do it on serious budget. you know me and my respect for what the Eastern Europeans can do, I admire their ingenuity and skill when it comes to building cars.
            Last edited by K Simmonds; 25 August 2016, 16:38. Reason: More info.

Comment

No way man, that's really bad luck
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                No way man, that's really bad luck
                Thanks mate, yeah it was simply a case of really bad luck. but hey I'm not too badly damaged, got a few aches and pains here and there and it means I can start the upgrade's with a clean sheet, after a bit of bodywork.

I have some idea of how gutted you must have been after the belt disaster, it's not a nice feeling.

Comment

It's back on it it's wheels, camber and tracking is all over the place but I'm going to get that adjusted somewhere near tomorrow, both ball joints are set to minimum camber as I was tit and fitted the wishbones on the wrong sides. One tie rod is pretty bent as well, a couple of hours pissing about and it'll look a lot better.

Massive thanks to Charlie for selling/loaning me various component's, note the RS2 hub on the nearside, my bearing carrier is shagged so I required a replacement to get it rolling and he needs that bit back! Drive shafts have been removed to make it easier to work on and in preparation for removing the engine, CV joints have been fitted to the hub assembly's to keep the wheel bearings safe and hold things together.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 25 August 2016, 23:47. Reason: More info

Comment

A couple more, the top of this tower isn't quite right but I know how to get it back, besides I may cut them out and fit camber plates. Once I clear the engine bay I'll be able to take measurements' and get it all straight again.

Attached Files

Comment

Then to cheer myself up I bolted some shiny stuff together on top of my spare NG block I use for mocking stuff up, it was taking up too much room in my kitchen.

Attached Files

Comment

Kit am surprised you or Charlie aren't keen on snapping up the RS2 saloon thats up for sale at the moment as that car looks bloody beautiful!!? You must be tempted lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                          Kit am surprised you or Charlie aren't keen on snapping up the RS2 saloon thats up for sale at the moment as that car looks bloody beautiful!!? You must be tempted lol!!
                          Sorry but just to be pedantic, whatever is for sale, it is highly extremely unlikely to be a real RS2 sedan/saloon since only 4 were (unofficially) made. At least one of those resides with the Audi Museum.
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                            Sorry but just to be pedantic , whatever is for sale, it is highly extremely unlikely to be a real RS2 sedan/saloon since only 4 or so were (unofficially) made. At least one of those resides with the Audi Museum. One (same one?) was at Audis in the Park in 2015.

More likely to be the ubiquitous clone.

Here's a real RS2 saloon at Audi Tradition:

Here's one at AITP 2015:

Attached Files
                            Last edited by UrS4boy; 26 August 2016, 01:30.
                            RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                            94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I really can't afford to purchase another S car what with a bent S2 to deal with and convert into a track missile as well as a lovely RS2 to restore to a high standard and cherish. Those two projects alone are enough for me and I'm a lucky sod as it is having those!

While Charlie maybe able to afford one of the replica's that exists when he get's paid out by his insurance company he wants to build his own to a highly specific spec using the remains of his destroyed RS2 and as good a base car as we can find. We've discussed the idea at length and have a plan

I didn't realise Audi made four, I thought it was just two, thanks for the info and photos Dave.

Comment

Yeah, I want to start from the ground up and I know I've seen some cars get dipped in an acid bath before being galvanised, and given the roads around here it's going to need some protection and whatever gacky, industrial under-floorpan tar/bitumen type products I want this car to have the works so it will look the same in 20 years. Gonna have to build my garage around making this baby!

And just for the sake of saying it, no one, including the seller is claiming that RS2 saloon to be a genuine example, but one man's dream of what it could be, and what a fine dream it appears to be. My dream will include Recaro seats...
                                RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                                RS2 - LHD on the road again
                                RS2 - reduced to component parts
                                RS2 Saloon replica
                                A4 1.8T
                                BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X