No announcement yet.

Dual Stage Vacuum Booster Conversion Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some one please post lots of pictures of this kit installed on a right hand drive 3B please. I'm struggling to see where I can mount all the connectors and parts that have to move in order to fit the kit? Also I seem to have a spare brake line that I don't know where it goes????

Comment

• I've just done one for a friend. Can't upload pics as tapatalk isn't working. Have you got a reverse IM? If not, I don't think it can be done (easily). The spare brake line ran from your bomb. You just remove all that. Blank the hydro pipe at the T that went to the bomb. You need to 're route the fuel lines and cut off the fuel line bracket plus the one that the wires from oxygen sensor clip into. It's a good time to replace fuel lines if they have not been done.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
        I've just done one for a friend. Can't upload pics as tapatalk isn't working. Have you got a reverse IM? If not, I don't think it can be done (easily). The spare brake line ran from your bomb. You just remove all that. Blank the hydro pipe at the T that went to the bomb. You need to 're route the fuel lines and cut off the fuel line bracket plus the one that the wires from oxygen sensor clip into. It's a good time to replace fuel lines if they have not been done.
        Hello mate, thanks for the info.
        do you think you could email me the pics? Dobbo_84@hotmail.com
        I've got a reverse inlet manifold.

Comment

• Sure.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Alex, I sent you a pm for a kit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post

Hello mate, thanks for the info.
              do you think you could email me the pics? Dobbo_84@hotmail.com
              I've got a reverse inlet manifold.
              I'd like to undertake this upgrade on my 3B with reverse inlet. I've just had a look at the car and I can see there's a brake distribution block attached to the end of the hydro MC. Where does this go when you use a tandem brake booster?
              91 Modded 3B
              14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post

I'd like to undertake this upgrade on my 3B with reverse inlet. I've just had a look at the car and I can see there's a brake distribution block attached to the end of the hydro MC. Where does this go when you use a tandem brake booster?
                Steve,

I haven't worked this out yet, Got the vacuum servo in position but haven't worked out the brake lines yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

• You can either move or remove the valve and replace it with an adjustable line pressure regulator. If you have changed the front and/or rear brakes you have already made the factory valve irrelevant anyway, so worth using an adjustable unit and setting your brake bias up correctly
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Any recommendations for a bias valve or install pictures anyone?
                    How would you go about setting it up correctly?

Comment

• There should be some info out there on this as quite a few owners have converted to the vacuum setup and loads have folk have upgraded their brakes.
                      91 Modded 3B
                      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Dobby84 View Post
                        Any recommendations for a bias valve or install pictures anyone?
                        How would you go about setting it up correctly?
                        This is the one I recently fitted which can be adjusted up to 60% of pressure. https://www.s2forum.com/forum/techni...ge#post2080405

Comment

Working...
                        X