My Ocianic Blue Ur restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
    If you stuck for parts try this man he's a diamond and can source all sorts of new stuff
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/urquattro...p2047675.l2559
    Yes, I know Rob. Met him to collect parts last year. Top guy.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I've hit my monthly limit for photo uploads. There is a pic on the Classic Audi site. The rubber pipe holders that the fuel lines sit in under the car. They were in a very poor condition. The stainless clips are good.
      Ah I know what you mean

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
        If you stuck for parts try this man he's a diamond and can source all sorts of new stuff
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/urquattro...p2047675.l2559
        yeah buying stuff from enthusiasts and cleaning it up then sticking it on ebay the next day at a massive profit. I won't deal with him again!

Not the only person to have this happen to them in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I did hear that but I would have to get them blasted and coated which would add to the expense and the bushes wouldn't like it. For what I want, they will be fine.
          The e-coat on those new arms is really piss thin and will rust in seconds when in use, it’s really just a holding cost to stop them corroding on shelf. I’d strip them and do as Newsh suggested. They are a good deal stiffer after stitch welding, you can coat properly in epoxy afterwards

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

yeah buying stuff from enthusiasts and cleaning it up then sticking it on ebay the next day at a massive profit. I won't deal with him again!

You're so correct, he pestered me for my 90 20v cast wishbones pleading poverty about 4 years ago as his cousin had bent one of his. I sold them cheap to him only see them back on ebay a week later all nicely painted for a lot more money!!

I sold him an 20v radiator cheap but he bought it back saying it had a hole in it. It may well have done, i'll never know, but i payed him his money back and gave him £5 petrol to cover his 16 mile journey to mine and back.

David you need to be careful of this rogue that everyone seams to think is such a nice chap. I used to think that until i got sucked in and got burnt.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

You're so correct, he pestered me for my 90 20v cast wishbones pleading poverty about 4 years ago as his cousin had bent one of his. I sold them cheap to him only see them back on ebay a week later all nicely painted for a lot more money!!

I sold him an 20v radiator cheap but he bought it back saying it had a hole in it. It may well have done, i'll never know, but i payed him his money back and gave him £5 petrol to cover his 16 mile journey to mine and back.

David you need to be careful of this rogue that everyone seams to think is such a nice chap. I used to think that until i got sucked in and got burnt.
              I've already been burned by him in the past, gave him a great deal on something and found it all on ebay afterwards. Won't ever deal with him or talk with him again.

Comment

Originally posted by david1980 View Post

I have only ever had good trades with him bud, he even spent 2 hrs of his time helping me install a sunroof I bought from him, but as the saying goes you can't please all the people all the time

Comment

Yes, he spent some time with me fitting my light reflectors and gave me some fittings for free. It's not his hobby, he makes a living from it.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

The diff gets a good scrub.

And I got a good door from Brian Tonks.

The front ball joints got new rubbers.

And the steering rods got a clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Dave your a very Busy man with your new Audi project. I hope your still getting plenty off Time

Comment

• You bet. Just back from my welding evening classes and a nice glass of red in hand
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Nice work Mr Dave

Comment

• I hope I win the Lotto for a decent amount I would drive to you give you a blank check and get you to sort my shed out. Great job Sir

Comment

• Looking good sir! What’s your technique on those steering arms? Blast cabinet?
                              2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                              1991 Audi CQ - Project
                              1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by jbrentd View Post
                                Looking good sir! What’s your technique on those steering arms? Blast cabinet?
                                No, just the wire wheel on the grinder.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X