No announcement yet.

My Ocianic Blue Ur restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was very lucky with the weather. It poured all the way there and was dry all the way back. I didn't want to put a cover over her as these can flap and cause damage to paint so I took a chance. There is a little road spray around the front end which I can clean up no problem.
    Now, just need to have a think about where to start
    Unfortunately, some of the stuff in storage got damaged by a rat
    So, if anyone has a black carpet and boost pipes in good condition, let me know.
    Anyone recommend a custom carpet maker?
    A bit knackered after 13 hours on the road yesterday so taking it easy today
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I’ve never used them, but they’ve been doing replacement Ur carpets for quite a few years now.

http://www.classic-car-carpets.co.uk...roductid=16267
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

• With all the rust, dirt, grease, oil sort you should have this on the road buy the end of the week What condition is the engine in? I know the HG was done but is the bottom end all Ok have you had the sump off etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
          I’ve never used them, but they’ve been doing replacement Ur carpets for quite a few years now.

http://www.classic-car-carpets.co.uk...roductid=16267
          Cheers
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
            With all the rust, dirt, grease, oil sort you should have this on the road buy the end of the week What condition is the engine in? I know the HG was done but is the bottom end all Ok have you had the sump off etc?
            Engine is good. It was 're built not many miles ago. I did have rich running and a boost issue but as I 're build I will refresh everything and overhaul the bits that might be causing issues. WUR and metering unit etc.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• It's all going very slowly.
              After she arrived I gave her a clean and wax to protect the new paint.

I had wrapped all the wires in bags and everything was marked. Just unwrapped everything and we look good.

I got the tank out of storage. It's in very good condition with no rust. But just to future proof it, I gave it a coat of epoxy.

The wiper motor got a clean and service and was fitted. New master reservoir fitted with stainless nuts and bolts.

And then after a good clean, I made a start on the soundproofing. This dodo mat is really nice to work with.

It's a shame to cover all the nice new paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I've done my T6 with DodoMat, the effect is astonishing. From can't hear the radio or what your passenger is saying to almost “luxury vehicle” The roof made a huge difference, as did wheel arches, everywhere. I’d add a bit and drive it and I could instantly notice the difference so I just kept going. If I was doing my quattro again I'd use more of it.
                In the quattro I used the heavy closed cell foam stuff instead of the original smelly organic Jute or whatever it is.
                Last edited by newsh; 3 November 2022, 19:57.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                  I've done my T6 with DodoMat, the effect is astonishing. From can't hear the radio or what your passenger is saying to almost “luxury vehicle” The roof made a huge difference, as did wheel arches, everywhere. I’d add a bit and drive it and I could instantly notice the difference so I just kept going. If I was doing my quattro again I'd use more of it.
                  I've got 40 sheets
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I've got 40 sheets
                    Nearly twice that in the T6
                    It’s a big old bus though..

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I stocked up on stainless screws and bolts.

And got the dodo mats all done.

Getting the tank back without scratching the new paint was a challenge.

Then I re connected my first wire. The fuel tank sender. Hurray

Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looking great Dave, your welding chap really does some excellent work. Looking forward to see it come together as I'm sure you are as well.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• We just sorted out a very special Healey 3000. The builder had used stainless bolts EVERYWHERE! Even the calipers were bolted together with them!
                          Rob..
                          94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                          87 UR 20v ABY
                          97 S6 Avant
                          96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                          1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• I've been doing little jobs each day but nothing exciting.
                            Today I removed the heater box. I need to change the matrix and as far as I can see, it's the only way (unless you remove pedal box maybe).
                            Anyway, even with dash and everything else out it was a pig of a job. Audi decided to run some of the loom in the gap in the box. You need to tease this over the box as you carefully pull out. Fan has to come out first and that's very tight as well. Four outer acre and one on the resistor and fan is free ish.

The box is very grubby and full of dust/feathers and leaves.

The matrix wasn't leaking but it's the original. It would be daft not to change it now.

New one is a good fit.

The box got washed and separated as I need to replace the foam on the flaps.

The surface rust was treated and I've ordered some neoprene sheet.

Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Has anyone got a spare steering rack boot retainer knocking about?
                              https://shops.audi.com/en_GB/web/tra...term=811422837
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Just looked up the Dodo mats which ones did you use bud there is lots of choice and my car defo needs them

Comment

Working...
                                X