My Kingfisher Blue S2 aby update and revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
    Fit the second hand one. It will be close enough, as all the ABY engines have the same pistons, rods and crank. It's not a perfect solution, but bolt on and easy to do within your timescale.
    I think i would go with this option use a scecond hand one start it up check for vibration if ok test drive use like that for now, Get the engine balanced properly as soon as you can. Do not drill into your new Fluidamper.

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post

I think i would go with this option use a scecond hand one start it up check for vibration if ok test drive use like that for now, Get the engine balanced properly as soon as you can. Do not drill into your new Fluidamper.
      Is it worth drilling into the 2nd hand damper that I am going to recieve to match the holes on my old unit?

Though the new unit has already 1 hole drilled on the opposite side...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Is it worth drilling into the 2nd hand damper that I am going to recieve to match the holes on my old unit?

Though the new unit has already 1 hole drilled on the opposite side...
        Fit it as it is, no good trying to guess where to drill you might make it worse

Comment

Understood, thank you, that seems to be the consensus from a few others also. Hugely appreciate your input thank you.

Comment

Have a look at this website https://bassetdownbalancing.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
              Have a look at this website https://bassetdownbalancing.com/
              omg wow! great find thank you!!! looks like they have worked on previous audi's and lightened things in situ, awesome!!

Comment

Thank you so much again buddy! This machine shop phoned me up and I now have to take the 2nd hand Harmonic damper to this guy, along with my old one and he shall see if he can machine my new 2nd hand one to the spec of the old one i have. As even a 2nd hand unit won't be balanced.
                Piece of mind, fingers crossed.
                A crazy journey to norfolk monday 2hrs, then i dunno how long to swindon.. to get this done then back... to norfolk.

Todays tasks:
                - I had to replace a tensioner pulley on my run-around vw golf tdi 150 GTI.
                - Fitted new fuel filter to s2 (sorry no photos today was so busy busy.)
                (The fuel filter and many parts on the s2 are seized up and the nuts disintergrate, the fuel filter undertray has come away from its fastenings, thats another job to do so I removed it.
                - The whole of the car and the brake lines and fuel lines now have underseal on and any thing that was rusting has underseal on. (Thats some protection against the rust for now). - Until I strip and powder coat everything.

I started the brake bleed and the rear brake caliper nipples are SEIZED!! balls.. (one side rounded). So need new nipples and a sollution to get them off.

***Need help guys... does anyone know where I can get 2x wheel bolts fast? My front left wheel hub is causing a wheel bolt to thread off. I need to tap this again and heard of a method of creating a tap from 1 wheel bolt and cutting down sides, so need that plus another wheel bolt to replace the old one.

*** Also does anyone know of a good adhesive sort of block that is used to stick the side indicators to the car? im fitting clear ones and will need to replace the adhesive sort of block used.

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Good luck getting sorted.
                  For the indicators any decent double sided tape you would use for number plates should be fine.

As for wheel bolts ebay may be your best bet.
                  Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                    Good luck getting sorted.
                    For the indicators any decent double sided tape you would use for number plates should be fine.

As for wheel bolts ebay may be your best bet.
                    Huge thank you!! all purchased, sometimes i have a blonde moment as you used to say .. forgot about ebay and ordering stuff online .. with my head so into the car n workshop..

Also tap and dye set bought fo rthe m14 x 1.5 thread..

Comment

Do you think you’ll be ready in time Chris? You’ve certainly done lots let’s hope it’s fine at The Ring. Hoping to be there next year not travelling abroad this year.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                        Do you think you’ll be ready in time Chris? You’ve certainly done lots let’s hope it’s fine at The Ring. Hoping to be there next year not travelling abroad this year.
                        Yes it will be ready, just needs bleeding, the gear oil to be taken out and put back and have washers placed on the plug. Then the new damper on and it all putting back together. Then a 4WD alignment and a tune.

Then ill swap the pipes for power steering and its ready.

Comment

Hey guys need help quickly, can anyone tell me where the diamond washer goes when assembling the damper and pulley?

Thank you

---- edit figured it out. Thx, between the damper and crank pulley x
                          Last edited by Chris5044; 25 August 2020, 12:22.

Comment

I dont know if anyone else has noticed the timing marks on the flywheel have vanished or corroded away, so Im using my own marks I made on the camshaft pulley and damper..

I did the crank bolt to 200nm plus 180 degree turn. Well the bar has travelled 180, but the bolt is showing about 170degrees, it has 3 threads of blue thread lock and the bar was almost bending. So I think thats tight enough.

Lets just hope the timing is good and it doesnt explode today.

- jobs so far completed
                            brakes bled,
                            washers now placed on all gearbox drain plugs and correct gear oil level in.
                            wheels on,
                            Wide band lambda sensor installed and retapped to exhaust and plumbed into ecu from emerald (k6 ecu).

One alloy fell over and scuffed the paint on it :/
                            today put all together, fill with oil and coolant, bleed coolant and check. Plus fuel clean, 4WD alignment.
                            then rolling road tomorrow.

Wish me luck, lots of hard work gone in.
                            Attached Files

Comment

If you put a long rod down cylinder 1 you can confirm tdc. The mark on the flywheel will still be there but is difficult to see. When you find it, you can just squeeze a small toothbrush in the hole to clean using brake cleaner, then paint with a thin coat of white or silver paint. This highlights the small groove and makes it easy to see.
                              It's done now but oil is better than threadlock on that big bolt.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                              X