No announcement yet.

My Kingfisher Blue S2 aby update and revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am working today on the sub £70 oil cooler mod, and creating a bracket to fit the thing and plumb into nicely. I had to rotate one of the ends in a vice to get the plumbing correct. The mod is on the forum. Then will crack on with coils or wheel refurb. Also yday extracted sunken snapped off bolts and retapped and added new bolts for cross member. IMG_20200724_101525.jpg

I have noticed also my rear track rod ends have perished, and Im guessing this will be an MOT failure, so need to source these, any pointers or help guys?

Attached Files

Comment

Update!! On the forum someone here posted about rear tie rod ends, as they are becoming hard to find and expensive, theres ways to replace boots, if it is only the boot that requires replacement. Also a great top tips group for Audis here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1676...epa=SEARCH_BOX
      Last edited by Chris5044; 25 July 2020, 16:56.

Comment

Hey guys, Im also changing the coils today, just curious, what is this residue on the last cylinder in the photo? Something I should be aware of?

Also when upgrading to coils, does this action require the removal permanently of the rocker cover plate?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Chris5044; 24 July 2020, 14:20.

Comment

If you are fitting the tsfi coil conversion, then yes. Cover goes. The new coils need air to keep cool.
          That powder looks like aluminium corrosion. Has something nasty been spilt there?
          Was that end spark plug tight?
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
            If you are fitting the tsfi coil conversion, then yes. Cover goes. The new coils need air to keep cool.
            That powder looks like aluminium corrosion. Has something nasty been spilt there?
            Huge thank you Dave!
            The previous owner changed the head gasket, that could be it? it does smell like coolant. But I don't think it does this anymore. I will check the tightness of the spark plug, I have managed to plumb the cables correctly now into the cover. Will keep you guys updated.

I am still stuck at the sollution for the Harmonic Damper and dealing with certain people online who make these are not confidence boosting, but I shall wait and see.
            Thank you.

Comment

Ah! I have now understood what you meant. The cover has to go! I was trying to fit it back. I see so the new coils need cooling I see.
              Thank you, I guess I am saving weight now also and the red coils look very smart.
              Thank you.

Comment

Welding the intercooler, lets hope this holds... worth a shot, it was working even with the damage.... also freed up the fins even when it looked like fused metal...

Attached Files

Comment

I would be very careful about using this to repair your intercooler. If JB weld gets sucked into your IM and engine, it won't be a very nice thing ​​​​​​. My advice would be to get it repaired properly or look for a good second hand one.
                  Nothelle S2 Avant
                  Black Ur project
                  Ocianic Ur project gone
                  S2 Coupe project gone
                  Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Try getting in touch with kempstonradiators over near Bedford as they maybe able to recore it for you.
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I would be very careful about using this to repair your intercooler. If JB weld gets sucked into your IM and engine, it won't be a very nice thing ​​​​​​. My advice would be to get it repaired properly or look for a good second hand one.
                      It’s superficial damage I think, not actually leaking? So it will be absolutely fine. In any case there’s never any vacuum to speak of in the IC, plenty of boost but that would only blow it off.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post

It’s superficial damage I think, not actually leaking? So it will be absolutely fine. In any case there’s never any vacuum to speak of in the IC, plenty of boost but that would only blow it off.
                        Thx guys, really x . Yes its superficial. If it fails ill lose boost, thats it. It was functioning before. So will use till upgrade, which I predict in year or 2.

Comment

More craziness.. sand blasting wheels getting ready to paint. Started task to undent the wing (minor).
                          Finalised the tfsi coils, and correctly seated them so nothing scuffs, tidied engine cables and fixed any perished rubber or parts.
                          finalised the oil cooler positioning.
                          Thinking about an intake solution to gain more cold air into airbox, may do away with the stock funnel and create own larger funnel, similar to rs2.

Fitted lower coolant aux rad delete pipe.

I may sell removed not required parts, so if you see anything pm me. X
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris
                            Interested in the air con hoses and compressor pm sent
                            Cheers
                            Richard

Comment

(Pm sent)

... Just curious (question for all). Since updating the coils to tfsi, it seems that the cables must by pass 2 connector blocks. As pictured. Leading me to believe that i do not require these, is this true?

If so, these would be for sale if ppl are interested.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X