Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kingfisher Blue S2 aby update and revival

Hello guys!
    My name is Chris, Ive been on this forum for awhile and been quite active 15 years ago.
    Im now been back, but right now now im on a mission to get my s2 up and ready for a trip to the Nurburgring in Sept!

So all systems go!
    Id like to document my journey incase it helps others, or you can chime in and possibly help or just enjoy seeing.

I will upload my journey so far, with pictures and work carried out.

Cars current spec:
    kingfisher Blue, with cream leather interior.
    carbon fiber trim inside.
    chipped, but now had new map sensor and programable ecu from Emerald. (Oem ecu died)
    koni suspension (lowered)
    front porsche 996 boxster s calipers with a8 discs
    2.5 / 3inch decatted exhaust from manifold with only 1 silencer (backbox). (Loud n nice )
    new focal front small speakers upgrade,
    A custom 6x9 speaker upgrade and build for the front foor cards.
    Custom mobile solar power unit installed for so the batteries can charge whilst sat still.
    New toad cat 1 alarm system installed, old scorpion extracted.
    New tracker fitted
    New alternator (bosch)
    --------------------

Currently to do list:
    I am atm doing a cambelt change, and a massive service overhaul. The idler pulley bolts sheared off, so ordered new ones from audi and some from online. 3x m6 25mm high tensile 12.9 bolts ebay,
    washers and idler wheel bolt from audi (super cheap £1.69 or something)

replace rear coolant pipe on back of engine with alloy version (old one falls apart on extraction!!)
    (bought from Error 404 on here)
    Update to tfsi coils (purchased off error 404)

renew coolant afterrun pump,
    thermostat, waterpump renewal,
    Billet steel crank added, (from terry bullwon)
    Looking into the Fluid damper from the states mentioned on the forum,
    draining gearbox and diff oil.

fitting new s8 discs (drilled and grooved) bout from mtech brakes uk online store and red ebc brake pads (ebay) for front porsche 996 calipers from a porsche boxster s.

Will hopefully fit rear brake upgrade of 300mm discs If Error 404 is able to get the brackets made in time.
    looking at the aux radiator delete mod currently and have the bungs for this.
    (Can link the ebay links for these later)
    braded hoses go on tomorrow.
    Doing the £70 oil cooler mod,
    removed entire aircon system,

Updated any jubilee clips looking old and worn.
    will look to self restore the cream leather.
    Fix hanging ceiling,
    Temp fix intercooler,
    Cleanup and Sell old parts,
    Cleanup and check brake lines and fuel lines, then underseal the underside of car.
    source missing heatshield for rear backbox
    Attend to any rust spots
    respray current wheels to a racing white and enamel finish
    coolant flush,
    Oil flush,
    All filters change,

Restore and refurbish brakes, and paint to red with decals.
    Alter exhaust position
    remap car with Emerald and try to get best bhp for the trip to the ring.
    MOT, 4wd alignment, and tax
    Update the lights, and have led sidelights.
    Repair and old or worn wiring. Cleanup any body work or dents. lots of tlc and love! Over the whole car!
    ---------------------

Future plans:
    replace steering rack ribbed dust cover
    fit a boost guage,
    Fit dump valve,
    Larger intercooler,
    Uprated inlet, and exhaust manifold,
    Have 450bhp rated k26 turbo at home,
    Reverse fit manifold and throttle body setup,
    uprated fuel pump,
    Larger injectors
    18inch race wheels,
    Powdercoat and restore parts of car like subframes etc
    Possible bigger brakes?
    Arb front and rear setup re-evaluation
    possible engine rebuild / uprated rods and maybe stroker build (undecided).

I will add anything I have missed! So far been working hard to get this all ready!

Ps: I shall where possible, link to where I sourced these parts to help anyone else out.

Thank you and hope you enjoy

Start of some work
    Attached Files

Comment

That's great work Chris. Nice to see your getting it all sorted fella. Kind regard Lynn.

Comment

Always liked your S2 and it’s still stunning. That’s a big list to do before September lol so good luck on that! I’ve just done my big jobs gradually like I renewed all subframes and bushes and coated it 5 years and get coated every 2 years and in 2 weeks it’s going for a restoration of paint work so can’t wait. I will be reading this thread with interest

Comment

That list will keep you busy. Lovely car and well worth the effort
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
            That's great work Chris. Nice to see your getting it all sorted fella. Kind regard Lynn.
            Anytime Lynn! Huge thank you for the support and help mate! Total legend! Enjoyed our meet at your garage also.
            Hopefully more in future!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
              Always liked your S2 and it’s still stunning. That’s a big list to do before September lol so good luck on that! I’ve just done my big jobs gradually like I renewed all subframes and bushes and coated it 5 years and get coated every 2 years and in 2 weeks it’s going for a restoration of paint work so can’t wait. I will be reading this thread with interest
              Ah sweet Anthony! Yes please do bro! We can help one another!
              great work on your s2 also!! Respect!

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                That list will keep you busy. Lovely car and well worth the effort
                Thank you Mister Tractor Dave! Thank you for your help also buddy!
                Yes Ive been working flat out at mates garage, inbetween his customer vehicles!

Ps: If anyone needs metal work or exhausts doing go checkout atm engineering in beeston, Norfolk! Quality work and will get my exhaust done here in future.

Righto its back to the grinder whilst I have spare time, braded hoses today, without any issues I hope (lots of rust!!)

Comment

Braded brake hoses completed today and retapped 2 holes for the bracket holding the brake pipes on front left wheel station. Also had to create a new brake line (fixed) to caliper as old one seized and rounded off.

(I will get round to addung all the previous work carried out before today.. as I created this posted after I have done a lot of this work already.) Enjoy..

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post

Ah sweet Anthony! Yes please do bro! We can help one another!
                    great work on your s2 also!! Respect!
                    Lol thanks! Like the work on your brakes and be careful with your jacking points as mine are fairly weak and am extra careful these days. Always fancied putting the Porsche brakes on mine but for what I use it for it’s ok I guess. Could you pm roughly your costs if you don’t mind. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Lol thanks! Like the work on your brakes and be careful with your jacking points as mine are fairly weak and am extra careful these days. Always fancied putting the Porsche brakes on mine but for what I use it for it’s ok I guess. Could you pm roughly your costs if you don’t mind. Cheers.
                      Hey buddy, you gotta have bigger brakes o the s2, its a must. Old ones are shocking.
                      ill have to dig out reciepts as was already on. I think you can pick up boxster s calipers for £250. Thats from memory from the reciept years ago.
                      the ebc red pads coat £110, the discs were £80-100. Then its nice to have hardline brake pipes from caliper to 2nd brake hose.

Youd also need the custom adaptors, not sure peice, but they mentioned on forum. They were already on car.
                      im looking to do the rear 300mm mazda 5 disc (drilled holes by 17mm to fit audi studs) (theres a post about this mod on here ) and bracket upgrade for the rears, using standard sized red ebc pads.. brackets made by alex (error 404).

Comment

Nice to see your S2 getting back up and running Chris5044 looks like a nice workshop too.
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                          Nice to see your S2 getting back up and running Chris5044 looks like a nice workshop too.
                          Hey thx Greg! Good to see you again! Yes my friends workshop is ace! He works a lot on american cars. Yep trying to get s2 ready for the ring in sept. Thx Greg!

Comment

Hey an update, ive ordered a rear heat shield, LSG (Lynn ) great dude pointed me to this post where a guy bought a rear heat shield from a jaguar XKR for around £20. I searched for it, but the cost i found was £38 total incl delivery (£23 before vat)

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...pete-s2/page17

Comment

Working...
                            X