No announcement yet.

My Kingfisher Blue S2 aby update and revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found this guys, it seems the manual states my car has been working at normal temperatures. Why would people on here give different advice?

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      You seem to be missing the side and top air guides for the radiator. These ensure air is drawn from outside the car and not from within the (hot) engine bay. And is your fan working correctly on slow and fast speeds? There is a good guide on testing your cooling fan and after run pump here somewhere.
      Pm sent!! Thank you

Comment

• Rear view mirror guys!! I have found something that may be helpful for the many!
        Since its becoming harder to find this part, I have noticed that the rear view mirror is very similar, if not identical to my mk4 golf's mirror, bar the colour change and I think the golf's is easier to fit also. The mirror housing seems to have the same mechanism for attaching also.

So If you wish to replace this, then have a look at 2003 golf mk4 or other vw vehicles for the mirror and you will see a possible substitute thats cheaper to buy and also improved. prices range from £10-30 online. Enjoy!

Comment

• Chris, my NEW MFTS "runs" hot. I.e. it reads hotter than the "old" one. The way to check is to see when the fan first cuts in as this is set by the fan temp sensor and NOT the gauge temperature. If your No.1 Speed fan kicks in as normal, check what your temp gauge is reading when it does. On mine it went from something like 85 - 90 deg with the "old" MTFS to over 100- 105 deg with the "new" MFTS. The car may well be operating totally normally but your gauge just reading higher now... Have a try and see what you think?
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Sounds like your new one is actually working properly now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
              Chris, my NEW MFTS "runs" hot. I.e. it reads hotter than the "old" one. The way to check is to see when the fan first cuts in as this is set by the fan temp sensor and NOT the gauge temperature. If your No.1 Speed fan kicks in as normal, check what your temp gauge is reading when it does. On mine it went from something like 85 - 90 deg with the "old" MTFS to over 100- 105 deg with the "new" MFTS. The car may well be operating totally normally but your gauge just reading higher now... Have a try and see what you think?
              yep it kicks in at100ish

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                Sounds like your new one is actually working properly now?
                i think it was working properly before also, so now i have a spare and will prob sell

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris5044 View Post
                  Ok guys it was the new tfsi coils..
                  Lets set the record straight here - nothing to do with the TFSi coils or the harness I supplied, it was your Emerald ECU drawing more current than the factory circuit was specified for. You probably remember I spent hours of my time helping you diagnose this, funny it was never mentioned.

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Lets set the record straight here - nothing to do with the TFSi coils or the harness I supplied, it was your Emerald ECU drawing more current than the factory circuit was specified for. You probably remember I spent hours of my time helping you diagnose this, funny it was never mentioned.
                    Hey Error! how are you dude? On this subject im not 100%, my adhd brain again forgetting. Something was drawing more current and my electrician guy sorted it, he's a legend! .

Yes you helped me out of course dude! and I thank you a lot for giving me some of your time dude, thank you. I hope you are well buddy All things are good here buddy, no hard feelings if you have any? All is A ok .

Comment

• They call me.... Junk yard Chris.....
                      (my currrnt window regulator is a bit squeaky, i stripped it and lubed it up, but still makes noise!)

Lets hope this recovered window regulator is quiet and operates well... plus some bits i canabalised off another Audi coupe they had sat waiting to be crushed!!! Omg!!

Also the otherday i fitted my mode switcher... the car is almost ready for a full paint touchup and valet by me!! Then can at least say most of the big jobs are done!! Yey

For anyone else interested theres an audi coupe at rushgreens scrap yard near hitchin, if you need bits off it.. its a 2.3 litre
                      Attached Files

Comment

• The squeak, in my experience, is more commonly the rollers in the corners of the window frame, or poor condition of the cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                          The squeak, in my experience, is more commonly the rollers in the corners of the window frame, or poor condition of the cable.
                          Thank you dude. In this case it's the motor for sure, I think where the wheel connects inside the mechanism - I cannot get to it at all so used spray grease and packed with grease. I cannot really strip it either. I have now tested the 2nd hand regulator and its quiet!! result!! ... now -- to fit it.

Comment

• Nice find that Coupe in the breakers. I personally would strip everything I could off it. It will all come in handy one day.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• I agree , there’s a lot of hard to find bits on it , including all the little clips and fixings

Comment

• HORDING i think they call it. S2 ownership we all know it as .

Comment

Working...
                                X