X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveH
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post

So for a 420-450hp setup should work over time with no hickups if im only using the car for 3-4 gear pulls and not slamming it in gear? Might?
    Yes, should be ok

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Changed lambda today to the Bosch one that is recommended, let it run for a while. Seems to run a lot smoother, havent taken it for a drive yet.

The old lambda that was in the car.. Anyone knows what brand this is? Didn't find any number any places on it?

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Got my sweeet badges from user on forum: dawn_mist (Vardan Karapetyan)
    Real nice service, shout ut for good quality badges remade. <3

Don't want to open the package with my unworthy greasy hands before it's going on a freshly resprayed car S2
    But here's a photo
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveH View Post
    I've gone through three 5-speed boxes on my motor over 18 years. Last one held up to 430HP / 630Nm with a sharp torque curve. It was only killed by track use, would have been fine on the road. 3rd Gear on the 5-speed box is perfect on the S2. Unfortunately, that's the cog that eventually exploded on my last box. I have a 6-speed box ready to fit when I get the propshaft shortened. If you consider the 5-speed box as cheap and replaceable, then they aren't too bad. Also a lot cheaper to rebuild due to the cost of the input shaft bearing on the 6-speed which is hard to get and expensive.
    So for a 420-450hp setup should work over time with no hickups if im only using the car for 3-4 gear pulls and not slamming it in gear? Might?

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Picked up subframe etc. Ready for Verkline bushings
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    I've gone through three 5-speed boxes on my motor over 18 years. Last one held up to 430HP / 630Nm with a sharp torque curve. It was only killed by track use, would have been fine on the road. 3rd Gear on the 5-speed box is perfect on the S2. Unfortunately, that's the cog that eventually exploded on my last box. I have a 6-speed box ready to fit when I get the propshaft shortened. If you consider the 5-speed box as cheap and replaceable, then they aren't too bad. Also a lot cheaper to rebuild due to the cost of the input shaft bearing on the 6-speed which is hard to get and expensive.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    The 5 speed ratios seems quite fine, the only thing is how much torque they can manage over time. Heard that they can take good amount if it's driven normally and if its mapped so its not too much torque in the low revs. Not sure how it actually is though

Leave a comment:

• Greg_S
    replied
    Excellent work and speedy progress. From what ive been told the 5 speed ratios are generally better than the 6, but I haven't driven a 3B myself.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    So I bought a new car today, less expensive than the one I already own
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by a-traktorraner View Post
    hi there fellow norwegian 3b owner ! I'm currently doing the same process with the headliner in my car (doing it in alcantara look alike) where have u gotten ur price on having it redone ? and also i wonder how are u documenting the change for porsche brakes on S2 for the norwegian vegvesen? just wondering as i would like to do the same changes myself
    Ill send you pm or add me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/larsandreskogstad

Leave a comment:

• a-traktorraner
    replied
    hi there fellow norwegian 3b owner ! I'm currently doing the same process with the headliner in my car (doing it in alcantara look alike) where have u gotten ur price on having it redone ? and also i wonder how are u documenting the change for porsche brakes on S2 for the norwegian vegvesen? just wondering as i would like to do the same changes myself

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by simons2 View Post
    I love my 3b and wouldn’t swap it for a aby
    Hehe good to hear I want to fit an original 3b front bumper, think I have a RS2 copy/aftermarket thing refitted from last owner.

Leave a comment:

• simons2
    replied
    I love my 3b and wouldn’t swap it for a aby

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    I just hope the 5 speed will hold up or not, I see they are cheap to replace though. But I hear so much different sayings regarding how much torque(Nm) they can handle or not.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Mine weights in at 1444kg, not too bad. But probably because of the 5 speed and some less features, I don't really know the differences between them except some engine spec/transmission/styling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X