Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    This is it's current state. Removed steering rack yesterday.
    Not sure what to do with the AC connector/pipes. Kinda want to remove it but plug it off seems easier and a lot more easy for someone if they want to re-fit it later on, not that Im gonna sell it when im done but you never know.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Some more
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 14 photos.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    This gallery has 15 photos.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied

Some pictures
    This gallery has 10 photos.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Been a long while without posting now

I'm kinda happy Had my car on a checkup on the "MOT/TüV" here in Norway. everything passed
    Car felt incredible to drive before but paint is bad, it has some surface rust, bad paint in the engine bay. Everything looks outdated.

Been moving to a new garage with my friend, decided to just "start over". Going to take it apart and refreshen it up before I start driving it.

Wondering about sending away the engine for a rebuild since Im not particular familiar with engine building

svv1.png
    Approved with Porsche 996 brakes , Brake discs from Audi A8/S8 (a fault in their writing so have to "complain" to get it fixed), poly bushings,
    custom exhaust with Simons parts + 3" race cat. Open airfilter approved (might not run open but was what I had on at the time).
    Approved with KW V3 coilovers and 225/40-18" wheels. :

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
    So the muffler was from dahlbäckracing ?
    The muffler (actually, the complete exhaustsystem DP and everything) was suplied by Dahlbäck, but they were manufactured by Ferrita. It was part of the tuning kits i had on the cars. The black one had a MTM 340bhp kit and the inka yellow one had a MTM 370bhp kit. The inka one was tuned in 1996 (it was a 1995 S2) and the black (1994 S2) one was tuned in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajf3E9wqlZ0

Idle sound , not so much resonating but it should be mounted on softer exhaust mounts.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7_sfiR7og

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
    wondering about doing the same. its a bit too boomy for my taste also. im wondering how it would sound with 2 x 2" or something
    I wonder how big difference it is on stainless pipes and steel pipes actually ?

I will film my setup now and after.

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    So the muffler was from dahlbäckracing ?

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkpQx796ko

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    Simons mufflers are at best spark restrictors, thy dont really help with keeping sound down. On two of my S2 coupes i have had Dahlbäck racing (it was actually Ferrita that made them then) 3 inch stainless turbo back with no cats (the one in the film, i did weld in a Perrin 200 cel race cat for MOT reasons, its on the car in the clip.) And one muffler at the very rear. You need to use high quality mufflers or you will have loud cars.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    wondering about doing the same. its a bit too boomy for my taste also. im wondering how it would sound with 2 x 2" or something

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    how is the sound from your exhaust ,,, ?

I have 3 inch cat ,,, 3,5 inch all the way ..farther bak before rear axel ,, big oval muffler ,,, then afer rear axel small round 3,5 inch muffler,,, simons mufflers. But way to loud. Talked with exhaust seller. I have a resonans sound that har super load at 2600 -3400 rpm after that ok. He said that 3,5 inch is to big. The flow at those rpms start doin some flow sounds for my s2 avant. So im going down to 3 inch all the way and putting 1 more big muffler at the end and removing the small one. Im changing to apple dampers ( now hansen racing ) ,, like the sound better ,, simons are to high pitched/loud.
    The best is to put a damper under the front seats a bit after the downpipe , then it will remove the resons sound for shore , but he thinks that it will definetly help to go down to 3 inch and 1 big muffler instead for the small one at the end.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Everything in 3"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X