Clear All

• newsh
    replied
    PM Lago Blue for details

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by newsh View Post

Yes, OEM top mounts that actually last! What’s not to like?
    Hehe yeah that would actually be very very good

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
    newsh: yeah you think that would be good?
    Yes, OEM top mounts that actually last! What’s not to like?

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Is there sometimes something wrong in the forum, I see I have 4-5 duplicates of the same picture even if I chose individual pics?

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    newsh: yeah you think that would be good?

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Lovely job !
    Go for Lago Blue’s mount savers with the oem mount he recommends ?

Leave a comment:

• dkw_dude
    replied
    Bra jobba! / Good work!

Leave a comment:

• powercar
    replied
    looks very good keep up the good work you are doing

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Starting off with seamsealer, did the wheel arches, missed some spots which needs some more today, other than that quite satisfied, masked off
    the areas (most of em) before applying it, really no point since it's getting covered anyway

IMG_20220422_210638.jpg

IMG_20220414_152556.jpg IMG_20220422_193542.jpg IMG_20220422_180710.jpg
    IMG_20220422_193537.jpg IMG_20220422_193334.jpg IMG_20220422_210122.jpg

IMG_20220422_210638.jpg

Going to continue now and off to the garage to do the whole underside of the car, then it's ready for 3M underseal.

3m3m3m.png
    This seems like the best option to get it to look somewhat of factory new without looking to "cheap".
    After several tips from Forum members Ive decided to use this, genious system with just disposable bags (not the cheapest though).

Im also in the process of considering a 6 speed swap or not , or just get a full overhaul of the propshaft, getting it re-balanced, painted at a shop.

Looking for some suspension top mouunts but I cant seem to decide what to use

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    So we decided to split it into two parts, this is due we had to re-clean the enginebay later on, thought it was quite clean but was a lot of oil residue hidden here and there so we had to wait until epoxy dried / gassed of for 7 days before covering up and pressurewashing the hidden spots.

But anyway, we decided to do from enginebay and backwards first.

IMG_20220414_123604.jpg IMG_20220414_152544.jpg IMG_20220414_144422.jpg
    IMG_20220414_152547.jpg IMG_20220414_152556.jpg IMG_20220414_145412.jpg
    IMG_20220414_152601.jpg

Was a long process, had to heat up the workshop which was a bit moist earlier for some days so it was bone dry in there. way too warm for anything other than spraying coats of epoxy

Turned out quite good with 3 coats of epoxy, decided to wait 7 days for it to gassing off before putting another layer with either paint or straight to
    3M undercoating which is paintable.

Still haven't decided if I want the underside black or the color of the car (grey).

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    So, enough of the Bentley manuals

Finally a update on my project, its almost if it's starting to move forward

IMG_20220205_141037.jpg IMG_20220205_141118.jpg IMG_20220219_181610.jpg

So the car had it's problems and the previous repairs done many years ago with glassfiber/**** was starting to fall apart.
    This car has obviously been used in the salty roads of Norway in the winter (which is most of the year.. except from rain and 2 months of sun ).

So started out fixing this part first before anything else:

IMG_20220319_152201.jpg IMG_20220318_214941.jpg IMG_20220414_120104.jpg
    IMG_20220319_211725.jpg IMG_20220318_214938.jpg

Took a while to try and get it right by meausring and doing plate by plate, we don't have any "plate bender"-equipment so was a lot of cutting and fitting.
    Might not look beautiful but the welds are good and sealed of properly.

Next part is epoxy time

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Yeah its kinda awful to be honest :/

Leave a comment:

• MISTER T 1997
    replied
    i was talking to a guy that was trying to do the same with a 944 book and bentley wouldn't do anything. its just annoying as people want it and the community will do the work but they aren't interested

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
    Lars, will you remind those Bentley publishers? I think that they will have nothing more to say, but maybe it work out with that bentley manual. Thanks
    Hey Tom
    Not sure if you read the answer earlier but it didn't look like they wanted to publish anything atm.
    Because of copyright I could not scan it etc for sharing since its under copyright law which is a shame since they're not doing anything
    and since it's almost impossible to find the manuals.

I've sent one more mail later on which I didn't paste here where I asked if it was possible to co-operate , if I scan it for them
    maybe they could sell it for a lesser amount under their copyright but I didn't get any reply (not that I've seen in my mail).
    Was hoping maybe it was possible to do an amateur scan , maybe make people donate some tiny amounts and we could get a
    e-book of some sort but as I said no response..

We'll see what the future will bring

Leave a comment:

• Tom_
    replied
    Lars, will you remind those Bentley publishers? I think that they will have nothing more to say, but maybe it work out with that bentley manual. Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X