X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish
    replied
    Originally posted by S2_avant 19930325 View Post
    So the muffler was from dahlbäckracing ?
    The muffler (actually, the complete exhaustsystem DP and everything) was suplied by Dahlbäck, but they were manufactured by Ferrita. It was part of the tuning kits i had on the cars. The black one had a MTM 340bhp kit and the inka yellow one had a MTM 370bhp kit. The inka one was tuned in 1996 (it was a 1995 S2) and the black (1994 S2) one was tuned in 1998.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajf3E9wqlZ0

Idle sound , not so much resonating but it should be mounted on softer exhaust mounts.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7_sfiR7og

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
    wondering about doing the same. its a bit too boomy for my taste also. im wondering how it would sound with 2 x 2" or something
    I wonder how big difference it is on stainless pipes and steel pipes actually ?

I will film my setup now and after.

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    So the muffler was from dahlbäckracing ?

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kOkpQx796ko

Leave a comment:

• fish
    replied
    Simons mufflers are at best spark restrictors, thy dont really help with keeping sound down. On two of my S2 coupes i have had Dahlbäck racing (it was actually Ferrita that made them then) 3 inch stainless turbo back with no cats (the one in the film, i did weld in a Perrin 200 cel race cat for MOT reasons, its on the car in the clip.) And one muffler at the very rear. You need to use high quality mufflers or you will have loud cars.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    wondering about doing the same. its a bit too boomy for my taste also. im wondering how it would sound with 2 x 2" or something

Leave a comment:

• S2_avant 19930325
    replied
    how is the sound from your exhaust ,,, ?

I have 3 inch cat ,,, 3,5 inch all the way ..farther bak before rear axel ,, big oval muffler ,,, then afer rear axel small round 3,5 inch muffler,,, simons mufflers. But way to loud. Talked with exhaust seller. I have a resonans sound that har super load at 2600 -3400 rpm after that ok. He said that 3,5 inch is to big. The flow at those rpms start doin some flow sounds for my s2 avant. So im going down to 3 inch all the way and putting 1 more big muffler at the end and removing the small one. Im changing to apple dampers ( now hansen racing ) ,, like the sound better ,, simons are to high pitched/loud.
    The best is to put a damper under the front seats a bit after the downpipe , then it will remove the resons sound for shore , but he thinks that it will definetly help to go down to 3 inch and 1 big muffler instead for the small one at the end.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Everything in 3"

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    New exhaust being fitted.
    3" race cat, simons silencer, simobns back exhaust. V-band on some parts.
    Its MIG but properly.done, TIG was a bit to expensive.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post

Weird, think I boutht an hour pass on erwin or something and didnt find much regarding my car. Downloaded 2-3 pdfs but that was about it.
    Yes, nothing specific for the 3B. The AAN Engine workshop manual is useful if you are doing any engine related rebuilding. I have the 3B wiring schematic and the docs for 3B to ABY conversion along with other docs on the gearbox and linkage. If you want any of them drop me a PM with your e-mail.

Leave a comment:

• 90quattrocoupe
    replied
    Well, you could try to find someone with microfiche and have it digitally copied. Then you could tell Bentley to stick it.

Greg W.

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveH View Post
    They certainly are missing a trick with electronic copies of their publications. You can get the Audi manuals via erWin. I bought their electronic version and printed it out and bound it.
    Weird, think I boutht an hour pass on erwin or something and didnt find much regarding my car. Downloaded 2-3 pdfs but that was about it.

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    They certainly are missing a trick with electronic copies of their publications. You can get the Audi manuals via erWin. I bought their electronic version and printed it out and bound it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X