• Show
Clear All

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Yeah its kinda awful to be honest :/

Leave a comment:

• MISTER T 1997
    replied
    i was talking to a guy that was trying to do the same with a 944 book and bentley wouldn't do anything. its just annoying as people want it and the community will do the work but they aren't interested

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by Tom_ View Post
    Lars, will you remind those Bentley publishers? I think that they will have nothing more to say, but maybe it work out with that bentley manual. Thanks
    Hey Tom
    Not sure if you read the answer earlier but it didn't look like they wanted to publish anything atm.
    Because of copyright I could not scan it etc for sharing since its under copyright law which is a shame since they're not doing anything
    and since it's almost impossible to find the manuals.

I've sent one more mail later on which I didn't paste here where I asked if it was possible to co-operate , if I scan it for them
    maybe they could sell it for a lesser amount under their copyright but I didn't get any reply (not that I've seen in my mail).
    Was hoping maybe it was possible to do an amateur scan , maybe make people donate some tiny amounts and we could get a
    e-book of some sort but as I said no response..

We'll see what the future will bring

Leave a comment:

• Tom_
    replied
    Lars, will you remind those Bentley publishers? I think that they will have nothing more to say, but maybe it work out with that bentley manual. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Yeah this is the better way in my opinion, looks a bit similar to the ones I used to have.

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
    do you have any pics?
    wondering if it was the same solution I had on my s4 2.2t, bought it from 034 but its like 10 years ago.. time flies
    Couple of different arrangements

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    do you have any pics?
    wondering if it was the same solution I had on my s4 2.2t, bought it from 034 but its like 10 years ago.. time flies

Leave a comment:

• newsh
    replied
    Think I will run it with maxxecu or ecumaster. The typical TFSI / or Audi R8 stuff. Think it works fine, coils are quite cheap as well if they break down.
    Not too fan of having coils on top of the engine due to heat and vibrations, would rather have coils stacked in the rear as people used to do.. but I guess it works fine
    On my 3B I use 034 high output coils mounted on the strut brace, means I get to keep the 3B cam cover

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    I ran the LS1/LS2 coils on my s4, it was quite nice solution.

Leave a comment:

• pfi
    replied
    Isn't TFSI coils "on top" ok if using 7A or 3B valve cover ? AAN with cover will probably "boil"'em ...
    with coil's stacked in the rear is propably LS1(/LS2) coils ? got a set of those on a S4 I'm going to part and probably use them on a later project

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Think I will run it with maxxecu or ecumaster. The typical TFSI / or Audi R8 stuff. Think it works fine, coils are quite cheap as well if they break down.
    Not too fan of having coils on top of the engine due to heat and vibrations, would rather have coils stacked in the rear as people used to do.. but I guess it works fine

Leave a comment:

• pfi
    replied

Read somehwere it was there earlier to not interfer with AM radio frequencies but im not sure why, Ive seen rotors with or without.
    But I might go coil on plug solution anyway. havent had any problems running with this rotor, its been exceptionally smooth on everything (but of course everything is changed out so comparing this to some old car Ive had isnt correct either). Only had a s4 2.2t earlier with lots of ignition problems, but this car was utter trash
    Yea, propably works ok, guess You don't listen to AM these days ...

Thinking of coil on plug myself, do You have part# for "plugs"‚Äč/connectors needed ?

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    263759990_330030848622770_3192792460169258619_n.jpg

The car looks like this at the moment so it's gonna be a while before it's on the road again

Leave a comment:

• larsaskogstad
    replied
    Originally posted by pfi View Post
    don't know if it's a problem but measured mine and all have approx 1k "internal" resistance, guess it is there for a reason ?

Read somehwere it was there earlier to not interfer with AM radio frequencies but im not sure why, Ive seen rotors with or without.
    But I might go coil on plug solution anyway. havent had any problems running with this rotor, its been exceptionally smooth on everything (but of course everything is changed out so comparing this to some old car Ive had isnt correct either). Only had a s4 2.2t earlier with lots of ignition problems, but this car was utter trash

Leave a comment:

• pfi
    replied
    don't know if it's a problem but measured mine and all have approx 1k "internal" resistance, guess it is there for a reason ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X