No announcement yet.

Audi Coupe 1990 - 800+HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last weeks competition was very successful in terms of racing but not so successful in terms of weather as it was cancelled mid way trough.

However I got a few decent runs in with a best time of 10.69 @ 222km/h with still a a lot left to improve (short shifted from 1->2 gear and dropped out of boost briefly). According to data logs it could have been a 10.3-10.4 run.

Few upgrades were also done before the competition: changed alternator from 120amp to 150amp to avoid voltage drop on longer runs + side exhaust to reduce backpressure and weight + federal semi-slicks to increase grip off the line. With the side exhaust the sound was quite rowdy I have to say

Comment

Nice launch what’s your 60ft times

Comment

Best 60ft time was 1.82
        Still a lot of wheel spin even with semi-slick tyres.

Comment

With better 60ft it’s a low 10 sec for sure

Comment

For sure. Even with current 60ft and getting near-perfect gear shifts it would be a 10.3-10.4 easy.

As here in Estonia it is mostly no-prep racing and I have not invested into proper drag tyres so currently I have to make the time back on the second half of the track

Comment

Very nice project Following.

btw, which 01e is being used? diesel or a s2/rs2?
              https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

Originally posted by larsaskogstad View Post
                Very nice project Following.

btw, which 01e is being used? diesel or a s2/rs2?
                Full JHM kit,
                2.7bit Allroad gearbox but with 4.11 main shaft because originally it has wrong final ratio
                Gripper LSD to top it off
                Original middle torsen
                1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
                *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
                1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Another successful competition is completed here in Estonia - Speedest 2022 held at a local airport.
                  Took 1st place at qualification and 1st place in eliminators.

Car held up perfectly, 0 issues during the entire day. Missed a 1-2nd shift on one of the runs but had enough power to come back around in the second half of the track
                  Will do a quick maintenance (engine oil, spark plugs etc.) before 20. August One Mile Challenge

Comment

Good work! Enjoyed the video

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

Awesome build and car. Congratulation on 1st place..

Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

Another successful competition weekend completed.
                        This time it was "One Mile Challenge" top speed competition from standing start to 1 mile distance.

Achieved 309km/h on 1mile (-6km/h from first year) and 274km/h on half mile which is not that impressive but still took home the win for my class.
                        As seen from the video the intake air temperature reached ~90c at almost 1/2mile which is less than optimal. Weather conditions were really bad for this kind of event with low o2 percentage, high temperatures and high winds.

Need to make some upgrades over the winter to get the IAT-s down for longer distance.

Right before finish line at about 305km/h the plastic under tray ( RS2 version ) decided to part ways and break away. Fortunately no big damages besides the tray itself which I now owe to my friend.

Car is OK - just needs a quick service and is ready for the final event of the season happening next week.

Comment

Working...
                        X