Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TT/S3 there isn't much I haven't done at some point or another, feel free to PM if need anything. Steven

Comment

• Originally posted by B5NUT View Post
      I know it's not S2 related. Is there even a section not non S2 projects. Looks like there is a good wealth of information which I will need to call upon
      In the Member area there's as Audi A3/S3 section.
      Or just put it in Projects? I'm sure no one is going to complain, I'll certainly read it.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

• And me
        Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Nice new projects, I´ll read it!

Comment

• Me Too

Comment

• Was giving the S2 a wash today, and I noticed this on the left side of the boot rain channel.
              1-part.jpg
              It was wedged behind the ball joint of the tailgate strut. Red line kind of shows it's direction. Not sure why I've not noticed it before and no idea where it goes as I don't remember removing a part like that on the car.
              image_86168.jpg

Also should add the S2 has been running perfect since fixing the boost issue. I've not had to spend a penny for over a month Excluding the spare parts I've been buying and stashing away

Comment

Was giving the S2 a wash today, and I noticed this on the left side of the boot rain channel.
                1-part.jpg
                It was wedged behind the ball joint of the tailgate strut. Red line kind of shows it's direction. Not sure why I've not noticed it before and no idea where it goes as I don't remember removing a part like that on the car.
                image_86168.jpg

Also should add the S2 has been running perfect since fixing the boost issue. I've not had to spend a penny for over a month Excluding the spare parts I've been buying and stashing away
                It looks like a brake pad pin or a clevis pin from something ?

Great that the car is now running well, all your good work is paying off
                I'm looking forwards to getting mine back soon, I've been missing her lately, there's sure to be jobs to do

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

It looks like a brake pad pin or a clevis pin from something ?
                  Just had a quick look in etka. It kind of looks like number 5. Boot opens and closes OK and it not wobbling around! I've never been near that area of the car either. It does make me wonder if someone has bodged something in there

3-boot.jpg

Comment

• As John say's that looks like a clevis pin from god knows where, it certainly doesn't belong where you found it or anywhere on the car for that matter. Honestly, some of the stuff we find in cars at work is truly baffling.

I know you really like to keep everything stock but now the cars running well I'd suggest putting a T piece into the pipe to the ECU so you could fit a temporary boost gauge just to be sure it is boosting correctly and the over boost function is working. It could also be potentially useful in future if you have running issues, which of course hopefully you don't. You could do it for £20 and simply blank the T off when you don't want use it.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Just had a quick look in etka. It kind of looks like number 5. Boot opens and closes OK and it not wobbling around! I've never been near that area of the car either. It does make me wonder if someone has bodged something in there

3-boot.jpg
                      Hmmm, good spot, it does look like it could be that component, though if it's not in place the boot would be totally on the piss when you opened and closed it, have a look I guess.

I've never seen one before as I've always removed the boot lids complete with hinges when either braking or working on Coupes.

Comment

3-boot.jpg
                        Oh yes it does, hinge pin!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Yeah I recon he's ID it, the question is what's now where it should be?

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                            Yeah I recon he's ID it, the question is what's now where it should be?
                            Usually a Phillips screwdriver bit from a “multi tool”

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• I assume you need to remove the trim panel to get to the pin, so will leave whatever is fitted to the car in place until next year when the temperatures have increased as there is less likelihood of trim panel damage. I always find cold plastic lead to damaged plastics.

Comment

• Good plan, cold 30 year old car plastics will be much more prone to cracking than nice warm ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X