Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My S2 coupe bit of a rebuild and repair thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might have some of those bulbs somewhere …

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post

On eBay they are actually listed as “grain of rice bulbs”
      Kits just bought loads so don't buy any

Comment

• Been trying to get hold of Kit. He's not been on the forum for the past week. Hope all is well with him

Comment

• I'm fine guys don't worry, just had a bit of a stomach bug and been busy helping my folks.

Glad you got your leak sorted, I suspect it was that hose from the turbo causing the problem.

I can send you a bulb or two on Monday, I have about 90 of them.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Cheers Kit. Have sent you a PM

Comment

• Well not much done on my S2 since I fixed the boost leak, and I've just had the pleasure of driving the car without any further issues. However a decision has been made about the car!

That is I'm not going to run it as my daily driver. When the bad weather comes and the roads get covered in salt, it will be put away under cover and my next project car will be used! Hair cut anyone? It's the 1.8 225BHP BAM engine model with the fake quattro haldex stuff

1665087775447.png
              Last edited by B5NUT; 6 October 2022, 23:38.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with a BAM TT. Its basicly an Audi S3 mk1 Facelift with a different body. And when it functions properly, the Haldex is actually great.
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• I know. It's why I wanted the BAM engine version rather than the lesser 180 version. Everything so far appears to work on the car including the Haldex.

However it does need a dam good service and a fair amount of work to bring it up to a good level.

Comment

• Nice
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

• Looks like a good one, nice and straight, hope it was the right sort of money.

Be ready to do a cam cover gasket, they are notorious for leaking at the back, dribbling oil onto the EM which then evaporates making everything mucky in the engine bay, I've changed a lot of them. If you need any advice drop me a PM as I've probably done more work on this platform than any other, even got a few spares knocking about from an S3 I broke years ago.

Change the oil in the gearbox and rear diff as well as the filter as soon as you can if it hasn't been done, the Haldex will thank you for it, use the genuine stuff from TPS. Not a fun job on the floor, must also be done on a level surface, there's plenty of good guides on YouTube regarding the job.

As Fish rightly says it's basically a MK1 S3, my folks had one when they first came out and I was really impressed by it back then.

Your only need to open a barbers shop if you've got a 180 model.
                      Last edited by K Simmonds; 7 October 2022, 13:56.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• Thanks Kit. I forgot about that gasket. I'm going to TPS this afternoon I will see if they have one in stock if not I will order one.

I'm planning very similar work as what I did to the S2 so all the fluids will be changed. Which reminds me I need pass fluid and brake fluid.

The is no history on the car so every job is being done if it needs it or not. Also going to drop the sump to clean it and flush and clean the pickup pipe.

I'll have lots of questions so will message you when they come up. Say that I do have one are there any special tools required for the cambelt change on this engine.

Comment

• Vac leaks are the big one of the BAM engine, all the hard plastic lines crack.
                          the cambelt only requires one tool to wind in the hydraulic tensioner, if you are replacing the hydraulic tensioner then you won't need it.
                          EGT sensors are fairly common too, you'll soon know as the boost will be capped..

Comment

• You will need the special tool to remove the haldex filter though.

Comment

• Start a new thread!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I know it's not S2 related. Is there even a section not non S2 projects. Looks like there is a good wealth of information which I will need to call upon

Comment

Working...
                                X