Project Avant N300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh View Post

Well done, I’ve done a coupe twice and Avant once, when I was younger and more flexible, not too hard, definitely helps if you have a friend to help!
    Hopefully it goes smoothly covering the board. I will have a helping hand too which gives some more confidence
    Emerald Green ABY Coupé
    RS2+ Spec
    @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Hel custom braided lines installed on the front today
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Emerald Green ABY Coupé
      RS2+ Spec
      @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Sitting nice on the H&R
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Emerald Green ABY Coupé
        RS2+ Spec
        @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Had to bite the bullet and buy some hoses from Roose. Constant boost leaks on the 30 year old pipes.
          Attached Files
          Emerald Green ABY Coupé
          RS2+ Spec
          @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

You find the H&R's crashy?
            I had H&R's on my A4 for a week before I swapped them for Eibach springs. Over the last few years I've installed B16's with ride control on it and its by far the best suspension I have ever experienced. Shame no B16 kits are available for B4 avants

Comment

Originally posted by bobby singh View Post
              You find the H&R's crashy?
              I had H&R's on my A4 for a week before I swapped them for Eibach springs. Over the last few years I've installed B16's with ride control on it and its by far the best suspension I have ever experienced. Shame no B16 kits are available for B4 avants
              I am yet to go out for a proper drive so i cant say yet. Took her for a little test run round the block. Our roads in the area are not the best and very bumpy but it didnt feel harsh or crashy but definitely firm. On the other hand my coupe has BC coilovers and that is very crashy in comparison but i do have my dampers set on the harder side. The avant also has Bilstein B6 shock inserts on the front and dampers on the rear.

I had eibach springs on my old E46 M3 and i found them very uncomfortable and crashy but then again it did have low profile tyres and 19" wheels.
              Emerald Green ABY Coupé
              RS2+ Spec
              @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Wheels have had a refurb
                Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                RS2+ Spec
                @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Covering the headlining was not easy. For a first attempt it is good. There are some wrinkles and small pockets of air where i over stretched the material. I am in 2 minds whether to stick with it or order some more material and re do
                  Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                  RS2+ Spec
                  @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Good attempt mate tbh. Am wanting to do mine this year sometime but will get a company to do it as am not confident in my own ability to do a good job!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                      Good attempt mate tbh. Am wanting to do mine this year sometime but will get a company to do it as am not confident in my own ability to do a good job!!
                      First time i have tried anything like this before. If i were to do it again i think it would be better as i know where i went wrong now. Its really easy removing the headliner from the car but once its out you should definitly get a company to re cover it.
                      Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                      RS2+ Spec
                      @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

I had a spare grill in the shed so thought i would experiment by spraying it satin black. I like the look OEM+

Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                        RS2+ Spec
                        @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

As mentioned before i was not happy with the wrinkles in the headliner so i recovered it again using a different technique. Now that i am happy with it i re fitted to the car this afternoon.

If anyone can help one of my rear D pillar trims did not survive. It is the passenger side one i need and the colour is grey. Part number is 8A9 867 295 A
                          Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                          RS2+ Spec
                          @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Very nice

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                            sigpic

Comment

Emerald Green ABY Coupé
                              RS2+ Spec
                              @audis2kid - instagram

Comment

Looking good! Well done regarding the headlining, I have this job to do on my Coupe at some point in the future....
                                The Perfectionist
                                sigpic
                                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                                X