No announcement yet.

Another "Stroker" Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billman - about how much did it cost to have the machining done, or did you do it yourself? I have a k26 kicking around and I bought a Holset WH1C from ebay over the summer and intend to combine the two. I guess I'm just looking for some helpful hints as well. Thanks! Looks great so far

Comment

Hi, a friend did it for a 6 pack Löwenbräu

I have measured tha Holset Turbine housing and machined the K26. Simple. The most critical part is the curvature that is also on the turbine impeller.
      Last edited by Billman; 19 October 2007, 19:03.
      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

exactly my concern - my knowledge of machining is sadly limited, but I have a class coming up which will help things. How was the curvature followed? Special milling tool head, or what?

Comment

No, the curvature was made with the guy that milled it experience (he measured the width of the curvature and done it). It is not how it should be done but it fits really nice with no probs.
          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

VEMS PnP is on the way. Unfortunately no news on the engine itself.

I am also having the one Puppie (Holset) for sale and i will also upgrade the second one from 56/82mm 8 blade compressor impeller to 60/84mm 7 blade.
            Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Here is also a map from the compressor i am going to use. It is the Super 40 map. I am going to try and find it in color.

The other HX40 map is from the 6 Blade 60/84 wheel.

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

and in color

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

New goodies on the way. I am going to convert the one HX40 56mm Comp inducer to 7 Blade 60mm (Super 40 specs)

Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

There other HX40 i got is also up for sale. If interested PM.
                    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

New goodies arived:

Made some test with the connection ect. Will try to start it up tomorrow.
                      Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

I started the Car today on VEMS. I havent installed the WB-Lambda and the EGT yet but idle was smooth somewhere at 850 RPM and with out load it revved till 6500 very smooth.

I heard that maybe the maybe the idle would not be so good ect before but it is actually very good. Without load and with this crap tuning for my car it was i dare to say at least as smooth as motronic.

I will comment on it further when i get there...

I hope tomorrow to install the WB and EGT so i can actually monitor everything.
                        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Here is a small crap clip i made with the mobile. It is the very first start on VEMS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nKIeTfZyaw
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

was it so easy???
                            what did you do?

Comment

Yes it was relative easy. We will see how easy it was after it is properly mapped!
                              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Great! I am also following your personal VEMS page:

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...Page%2FBillman

Comment

Working...
                                X