No announcement yet.

20V CQ Tidy Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also expect glitches from ANY aftermarket ecu. I'm happy to say that with vems now offering everything I'm 1000 times happier than bosch ecu. The only things that scare people initially with vems at least where old issues and nothing that the current knowledge can't rectify for someone starting new.

Comment

• I can see the phenolic spacer helping in traffic but I don't buy it at any sort of speed. The air velocity through it is high. After a hard run my OEM one was cool to touch.
      Its a gimmick in my view, otherwise the OEMs would use them.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• When I put mine on and didn't have it while I had the 1.8T IAT sensor on you could see the difference very well and believe me the ecu being able to control mixtures and take advantage of the cold temperature can easily get confused with the temps being so high from the head.

Oem head must have thicker alloy or something and doesn't see that issue. Wagner as you may have spotted is much lighter. As I said you may be saved somewhat by the oem IAT sensor as it only sees steps of 7deg difference
        Last edited by A80Avant; 20 March 2016, 19:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
          ...the oem IAT sensor as it only sees steps of 7deg difference
          Wüt, no. Another VEMS issue? Stock IAT sensor works great with Maxxecu. The problem with VEMS is that there is a lot of small issues that has not been solved, they have been there from the start, and they still are there. If the VEMS people would have been interested in fixing problems, then for example, they would have been adding voltage adjustments for the trigger sensors.

I would say Maxxecu is more Audi AAN/ABY PnP that VEMS has ever been. When I recieved the ECU, I just had to plug the ecu in, cut and fit the wideband Lambda wire, download the AAN base map and fire on. Then a couple of small voltage tweaks for the triggers, and thats it. No need to grind sensor brackets or weld on material to the flywheel pin etc.

And about the IAT temps. Only issue would be in very slow traffic or idle, it will rise the IAT temps, but if you drive the car at normal speeds there will not be problems.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Thuppu View Post
            Wüt, no. Another VEMS issue? Stock IAT sensor works great with Maxxecu. The problem with VEMS is that there is a lot of small issues that has not been solved, they have been there from the start, and they still are there. If the VEMS people would have been interested in fixing problems, then for example, they would have been adding voltage adjustments for the trigger sensors.

I would say Maxxecu is more Audi AAN/ABY PnP that VEMS has ever been. When I recieved the ECU, I just had to plug the ecu in, cut and fit the wideband Lambda wire, download the AAN base map and fire on. Then a couple of small voltage tweaks for the triggers, and thats it. No need to grind sensor brackets or weld on material to the flywheel pin etc.

And about the IAT temps. Only issue would be in very slow traffic or idle, it will rise the IAT temps, but if you drive the car at normal speeds there will not be problems.
            Nothing to do with vems.
            IAT sensor reads temp like that on any ecu.

Vems started off like that as it was an open access ecu. No problems now.

Comment

just stop hating, please D stock iat works ok on vems. you just don't understand what you are talking about maxx and vems are totaly different types of ecus, you can't add trigger voltage adjustments for vems there is no way to do it, btw, vems P&P works the same, you put it on the connector swap 2 wires on the trigger, connect wideband and start it, i can't remember any trigger issue in about 2 years, after the div by 9 or something was implemented, AAN has totaly no problems with that. btw, why maxx recomends to change stock sensors to 60-2? I know some people had a lot of trigger problems with maxx and btw, vems P&P is real P&P not the loom adapter

Comment

• Your right, I'm stupid and simple minded. That why Maxx suit my need so well. I don't have to search on every forum of faq about how to setup things.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Your right, I'm stupid and simple minded. That why Maxx suit my need so well. I don't have to search on every forum of faq about how to setup things.
                  so just hold your "simple and stupid" minds for you maxx is good, price is could be lower, but it is how it is

Comment

• Thuppu back a few years ago if you wanted an market ecu you paid a tuner for it plus the wiring for it and rarely it cost less than 3000€

Now you have options that are p+p and for those you have to do a bit of searching on your own and still have trouble with it. It really depends on the amount of time you want to spend on it. When I first got vems the first 2 months I wanted to throw it away. It was awful. It used megatune and the idle settings made no sense. However I struggled spent countless hours on the car and got it near perfect on every aspect. As vems is a community of tuners and developers it was evolving continuesly and if you only kept the stable software versions the car always ran perfectly. Other ecu makers don't play it that way. But it's people belief that vems should run perfectly on every version that produced glitches and made people impatient.

For me it's the fact that other makers sell an item that is set and near no further improvements are made which kept me with vems. As now I can have everything from knock control to variable gear boost and newer options to play with if I wanted. As for the trigger setup sure if all of us switched to 60-2 vems wouldn't have issues either. A 5 minute job of a good welder corrects the trigger problem only if you use a 7A flywheel as with the oem dual mass you have no issues.

Anyway until you run into problems with max and start saying bad things about that as well I'll take your points with a pinch of salt

Comment

• OK lets not let this descend into yet another argurment about how good VEMS is or isn't Some people love it, some people don't
                      Since I have had the Mtune software I have had two new updates with new feaures, so they are continually developing it.
                      Bottom line, if I could afford it I would have gone with Motec
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Motec is even worse!!!haha

Comment

• Even worse than what?
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            Even worse than what?
                            maxx is simple, good hw with good software simple to use, motec good hw and ****ed up advanced software which requires a lot of experience + motec you pay for wideband support, pay for antilag or launch, pay for logging had some bad luck with motec yesterday somehow it does not want to work with 36-2 trigger getting rpm and no spark... and I don't say motec is piece of **** I know that this is my mistake somewhere, vems is bit old hw, it's about 10 years when they are started, really good tuning software, constantly improving their stuff, supports lot of trigger systems and are preparing some suprises

Comment

• Alex, for your turbo size you could always leave it with Motronic

The phonolic spacer puts the injector spray direction out of alignment so has to be thought about.
                              Cheers'en, AndyC
                              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

• ^^^^This!

Seriously, make it as complicated as you want Alex if that's what floats your boat. Although i'm usually oem or oem+ i do like the look of that Wagner install,to me it makes the engine bay look how it should have looked when it left the factory.Very nice indeed and what i would do given the choice or indeed owned an S2. What bhp/torque figures are you running atm?
                                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                                94 2.6 80 Avant
                                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X