X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third part
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work! You have the same front discs as I do, they're good but they eat pads, I got through a set in 6 months! Mine will be getting simillar treatment very soon :mischeif:
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Nice work! You have the same front discs as I do, they're good but they eat pads, I got through a set in 6 months! Mine will be getting simillar treatment very soon

Well now your are mentioning it I just have decided the brake system will be removed from the car. The reasen for this this setup is nog braking hard enought. The braking system will be replaced with:

1. 335mm discs with aluminum hart
        2. Hispec 6 pistons big brake
        3. Head brake cilinder from an RS2
        4. Carbon Lorraine brake pads

Comment

Ferodo DS2500 pads sorted mine out a treat, no probs with track days but I can see that prolonged use might cause excess heat.
          Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Ferodo DS2500 pads sorted mine out a treat, no probs with track days but I can see that prolonged use might cause excess heat.

I was also driving with teh ferrode DS2500 pads. The problem is not the heating, just that this setup is not braking hard enougt. And because the power of the car will be doubled, we have chosen to change the setup.

Comment

Yeah, good point, I'm only running stock with a few tweaks.
              Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Yeah, good point, I'm only running stock with a few tweaks.

Well that can be fine, it is just where you are using the car for.

Comment

Nice project, but are you sure you want to use the Rieger styling? If you do circut racing it will crack with the slightes impact, allso the paint. Saw an S2 this weekend with the styling, and it was all cracked and the paint did not look good at all, and that car was not used on the track! If I where you I would stay away from styling on a circut car.

Good luck with the build!

Comment

3. Head brake cylinder from an RS2
                    the ABY and ADU main brake cylinder are exactly the same so that won't do the job

441 677 021 B for all s2/rs2 (3B/ABY/ADU)
                    RCN

Comment

Error
                      441 611 021 B for all s2/rs2 (3B/ABY/ADU)

sorry
                      RCN

Comment

There is a different master brake cylinder listed for the LHD RS2 only

Comment

Nice project, but are you sure you want to use the Rieger styling? If you do circut racing it will crack with the slightes impact, allso the paint. Saw an S2 this weekend with the styling, and it was all cracked and the paint did not look good at all, and that car was not used on the track! If I where you I would stay away from styling on a circut car.

Well i have been on and off (was not planned for ) the track. But the bumper is still Ok. So we will see, but i am confident about it

Comment

@ evert thomas your flag doesn't match the country you come from

Comment

Nice project... waiting to see some more pictures and results once it is finished. Evert Thomas, who is going to map the car once it's finished? A friend of mine has ordered nearly the same you have to 034motorsport and they are providing him the chips, but his car is an ABY and yours a 3B (like mine) and I think 034motosport does not have chips for 3B.

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                              There is a different master brake cylinder listed for the LHD RS2 only
                              About the brake cylinder, I also thought that it was the same for all S2/RS2, but I didn't know that for left hand drive RS2 there was a different reference. Do you know if this master cylinder is bigger than the rest?
                              Thanks in advance.
                              Javier.
                              Audi Coupé S2 '92 -- VW Golf 2 GTI '91 (v2) -- Renault 4 TL '84 -- Audi 100 2,3E '92 (Dad's) -- Suzuki SV 650 S '08

Comment

Working...
                              X