• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this?
    http://www.carcoon.com.au/wp-content....2-180x180.jpg
    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
      Milestone completed!!! Good to see it installed Tom...nice to see John in shot, last time I saw him, we were in a ditch in Mulsanne
      Thanks David! I'm ecstatic to say the least. Yep, the now infamous Le Mans Drainage Ditch tour. I should have known that two beers was not be enough to get me from the grandstands to the end of the Mulsanne. Great memories from the 2011 race.

It was much easier on the finely tuned Italian bicycle that team Stefano provided this year.

Originally posted by Ross View Post
      Congtats Tom! I feel like I just witnessed the birth of your child. Quite the milestone. Now we await first words... Then steps...

You made it look easy, but that must have felt damn good. It looks like its just rolled off the production line and into your garage...

I look forward to some shots of the car without 6" of space under the front arches and seeing the engine bay come together. So you gonna go with Samco coolant hoses?
      Ross, it really does feel that way! I have found myself visiting the garage just to catch a glimpse of it sitting lower. I'm laughing at myself for it too.

Not only does it look easy.....it was easy! Hey, Audi does it like that so why can't I? The engine install table worked a treat. It was the easiest engine install that I have done to date.

I picked it up from the welding shop down the road from my house two weeks ago. I had picked up the table a couple of years ago with the intentions of putting wheels on it just for the this type of work. I had the shop weld on steel plates to the legs so I could bolt up wheels to it. There is also a brake at the front to keep it from free wheeling away from you, which can be seen on the right end in the pic below.

Originally posted by porci82 View Post
      Hey! What a realy nice job!! I'm jealous, we are quiet at the same steps, but when you have started the motor, you're winning!

I think that the first start is the most important thing for the motivation!!!!

Take the time, and post a video of your first start, that would be great !

Good good and awesome job, like allways !
      Thanks for the inspirational words and videos Fred! Is that Sebastien at the wheel in your video?

Just as long as we both finish....that is most important!

Hope to see you again sometime this winter.

Comment

• Looks great, but don't you need to color the area black markt on the picture, to make it a total authentic RS2.
        Attached Files
        Kind regards
        Phillip Kjær Ballegaard
        Audi 2,6E Cabriolet Vulcan Schwartz 1995
        Audi Q7 3,0 TDI Phantom Schwartz 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2fan View Post
          Looks great, but don't you need to color the area black markt on the picture, to make it a total authentic RS2.
          Thanks. No I haven't missed that tidbit. I was thinking of spraying this myself with a spray can but figured it would be better if I let the paint shops boys(<-not to be confused with an 80s pop band) take care of that when the car goes back there for it's wet sanding session.

Comment

• so, will this end up in a museum or would you ever part with it? i would certainly like to enter Bid #1.

Comment

• I think you would need to prise Toms cold dead hands off the keys
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                Thanks. No I haven't missed that tidbit. I was thinking of spraying this myself with a spray can but figured it would be better if I let the paint shops boys(<-not to be confused with an 80s pop band) take care of that when the car goes back there for it's wet sanding session.
                Pet shop boys.You remind me of this Band Tom.
                one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4heid View Post
                  so, will this end up in a museum or would you ever part with it? i would certainly like to enter Bid #1.
                  Why just don't wait five years, then you can legally import them
                  Kind regards
                  Phillip Kjær Ballegaard

Comment

• hehe, Tom started this adventure many years ago
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• 10 years already since I first started collecting parts....had not even bought the chassis at that point.

Comment

Why just don't wait five years, then you can legally import them
                        Even now there isn't going to be a nicer RS2 anywhere in the world than what Tom is putting together. In 5 years, the options will be even more limited in the marketplace than what is available now. The closest I can think of was an RS2 that had 35 km (that's 000035 km) that was on Pistonheads a few years ago. (I know I saved the photos but I can't find them today )
                        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

10 years already since I first started collecting parts....had not even bought the chassis at that point.
                          hehe Cool project anyway, I just have one quistion, the chassi, you used to this build was a S2 avant right, with the first 3 Vin digits WAU right?? it's not an old RS2 body shell with the first 3 Vin digits WAC ???
                          Kind regards
                          Phillip Kjær Ballegaard

Comment

• yes, S2 avant.

Comment

yes, S2 avant.
                              Ok, just got the vin number from one of the prototypes RS2 limousines, and it seems like, this car from its vin number also is a S2 limousine shell, equipped with RS2 parts, so maybe your car could be named as the first American build RS2 Avant Prototype
                              Kind regards
                              Phillip Kjær Ballegaard

Comment

Ok, just got the vin number from one of the prototypes RS2 limousines, and it seems like, this car from its vin number also is a S2 limousine shell, equipped with RS2 parts, so maybe your car could be named as the first American build RS2 Avant Prototype
                                You might want to try a separate category for real factory pre-production RS2s including the sedans. They should have build tags with "X9X" in the upper left corner of the 5 x 6 grid.
                                RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                                94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Working...
                                X