This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
    Excellent link. Which ones do we need for a B3/B4 S2/RS2 and the C4 UrS4/S6?
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Originally posted by Error404 View Post
      A few years back, GT500 (Rob) was able to source the correct bearing from the OEM, maybe he can help?
      I can still get them.

I do hope you marked its orientation with each end. My A6 had to have different prop sourced as my prop place could not stop it from shaking under load. Next prop with same new centre bearing no shake.

Hth
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Salti,

Order the bearing from Rob (GT500) it is the real McCOY, I tried the FEBI and is rubbish.

Rob might be a little expensive but he sells Quality. You will not be disappointed with dealing with him he is a man of integrity.

George

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
          Excellent link. Which ones do we need for a B3/B4 S2/RS2 and the C4 UrS4/S6?
          For the small chassis cars including the B2, the part number for the center bearing is:

#2580-10

This page shows all the applications for that part number.

https://www.powertrainindustries.com...&search_by=all

The C4 has a different center bearing. You can find all applications for Audis here:

For the CVs and boots, for B2/B3/B4s, the part number is #2552-1001. This page shows the applications for this part number. Scroll to the bottom to show just the component parts of, CVs and boots.

This is a picture of the center support bearing for the small chassis cars. Part number 2580-10.

Greg W.
          They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

• Rob, does GKN produce the bearings that you are able to source?

GKN builds the propshafts just in case anyone was wondering.

I've been curious of the Powertrain Industries stuff ever since I saw their site a couple of years ago so I decided that I would ring them up earlier last week. I asked the big question which was who produces the parts that you sell? The response was that we do. . OK so I decided that the only way to ever know was to go ahead and order one center bearing to find out. The bearing I ordered arrived in a Powertrain Industries box with a small made in Taiwan sticker on the outside. I had hoped for a US or German label, but I know that the Taiwanese turn out some decent bearing so not too worried about that. Time will tell.

So I received the bearing a couple of days later and of course ran to the garage to finish up my propshaft.

The correct propshaft center support bearing for the B4 chassis cars is 2580-40....not the 2580-10. On to the pictures......

Some PI bearing vs. original pictures.

Installed on the propshaft.

The completed propshaft. Some grease and she's ready to install.

Last edited by saltinot; 15 September 2014, 16:45. Reason: corrected typo

Comment

• looks like a good match there Tom...is that the same at the S2 centre bearing too? I'm sure mine is (well) overdue changing to reduce some of the slop in the taking up drive.

How much was it btw...?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Not sure what the coupe uses. Do you have a picture of one?

The PI bearing cost me 107USD +shipping.

It probably uses the same bearing as the B2. I used the factory BMW bearing #26-12-1-209-532 which is the same as the PI 2580-10 on my B2.
                Last edited by saltinot; 15 September 2014, 16:31.

Comment

• Sorry, if I lead anyone astray. The 10 was the one I used on my coupe.

Greg W.
                  They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                    The PI bearing cost me 107USD +shipping.
                    so shortly talking
                    https://www.powertrainindustries.com...a54fo6kj8iud01
                    is the only known place for RS2 center support bearing ? Nothing in Europe ?

Comment

• Originally posted by sailaz View Post
                      so shortly talking
                      https://www.powertrainindustries.com...a54fo6kj8iud01
                      is the only known place for RS2 center support bearing ? Nothing in Europe ?
                      Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                      I can still get them.

Comment

• Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
                        Sorry, if I lead anyone astray. The 10 was the one I used on my coupe.

Greg W.
                        No worries Greg! I always do my own investigating as well.

As far as a place in Europe goes there is a shop in Switzerland that sell an equivalent. Porci bought a center support for his RS2 from them. http://reno-cardan.ch/

Comment

• hi, very nice Rs2 :-) if some 1 will buy for a coupe link : http://allegro.pl/podpora-walu-audi-...720234034.html or
                          http://20vturbo.pl/pl/30-podpora-wal...4-quattro.html

130zl is like 30 euro
                          Last edited by dado777; 17 November 2014, 15:38.

Comment

• Im from switzerland and i have the same car, blue, etc...

What can i say, except it's an amazing job, in an amazing thread, and a source of a lot of informations !!!

Just a request, it's possible to have access to the original size pictures ?

i wish you the best for you and your fabulous car you build...

Comment

• After a full suspension rebuild on the S4 and a 12 litre oil change on the misses V10 I pushed the RS2 out of the spot it has been sitting in for several months. It is time to get on with it. It's been on my mind for a while now and I knew it was time when things started collecting on the bonnet and roof. So with a little assistance from the wee ones, they took care of placing the wooded chocks while I pushed, I moved "daddy's blue car" into the lift bay on the other end of the garage. You know it has been a while since it was touched when you start coughing from the dust when you disturb the cover.

Over the last few months I have been able to line up some parts to get this project a little further down the road. The first big thing is to get her in the air and install the fuel tank. After that comes the drive line. A few shiny bit like that rebuilt prop shaft and half shafts I did months ago. Hehe. Oh, I need to get the glass guy over too.

Comment

• Excellent

Whats the jack doing in that last pic?
                                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                                X