X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PaulJ View Post
    Hi,
    There are 3 pop rivited spacer clips at the front of the glass on the C pillar and a small runner spacer at the D pillar as well, I've pics somewhere as Im in the middle of the paint process at the minute

Fantastic thread, your car will be stunning

Paul
    That should be rubber spacer, oops
    1995 RS2 Nogaro
    1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
    1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

• Things are moving fast now. Thanks for all who have sent money to help and those helping to source parts in the 11th hour.

Update: Placed a big order for new parts from Germany on Tuesday. I noticed that the RS2 intercooler had disapeared from the Audi Tradition site so I just ordered the Wagner Evo one. Cheaper, bigger, and it's state-side. Picked up the 18" cups from the machine shop.....new 73.1mm center bore, so ready for the RS2. Drove them straight to the refinisher. Should have them back by the middle of next week. Shopping for tires now so I can get them on the way. Anyone know what size tire for these? Hoping all this will come together in time. Starting to bite my nails a little.

I few items came back as NLA that I need. If anyone can help me source these it would be greatly appreciated.

1 x 035 145 824 A grommet intercooler
      4 x 059 903 263 A rubber bush oil cooler/intercooler mount
      1x 8A0 121 263 C bracket on top of aux radiator

Comment

• It deserves Michelin Pilot tyres. A possible size for 7.5" x 17" rims would be 225/45/17 ?

Looking forward to photos, and a drive by video in due course.

Those three 'missing' bits should be 'easy' enough with the help of the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
          It deserves Michelin Pilot tyres. A possible size for 7.5" x 17" rims would be 225/45/17 ?
          Something tells me Tom is looking for 18" tires

Comment

• No worries, I'd be thinking same brand of tyre in 225/40/18 or maybe 235/40/18 so.

Tom's choice on brand and size though

Just my tuppence.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I saw in an old post where Rob (GT500) used 245/35 18. I believe that he had the same wheels 18 x 8.5 ?? Is he still around?

Comment

• I,ve got same as Rob 245-35 federal rsr on 18 cup 1 mtm's

I've got H&R RS2 springs with Bilstein sport dampers.

Rear tyres just clear track rod ends.
                Fronts have spacers, can't remember size of spacers 3mm I think.
                Without spacers tyres foul track rod ends.
                HTH.
                rs2315.
                sigpic

Comment

• Cheers, do you have a pic or two of your car somewhere here?

Comment

• Here you go Salti.

rs2315.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                      Thanks guys. I saw in an old post where Rob (GT500) used 245/35 18. I believe that he had the same wheels 18 x 8.5 ?? Is he still around?
                      I sure am!

I was running a 3mm spacer on the front. Not had it in for awhile. 160 mph and no touch on tyre grow so that's all good.

I'll stick a pic up once I remember my photo bucket login... Getting old...
                      Rob..
                      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                      87 UR 20v ABY
                      97 S6 Avant
                      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Here you go
                        Attached Files
                        Rob..
                        94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                        87 UR 20v ABY
                        97 S6 Avant
                        96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                        1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Cheers guys. Those both look fantastic. Hoping that my wheels will be ready today.

Comment

• Just got the rear Bilstein shocks back with a couple of new grooves each. One at 13mm down and the other at 20mm. I couldn't remember which one us correct for the stock RS2 springs. I'm assembling them tonight. Anyone know which groove to use?
                            Last edited by saltinot; 14 September 2016, 19:43.

Comment

• hi tom as i mentioned my springs are not stock my setting is nearer the13 mm 20 would sit to high for my set up
                              i,ve got at least 4 grooves on each of my dampers, so plenty of choice.
                              if your fronts sit high i would go with 20mm. it might be a trial and error thing before your happy
                              with how she sits, you may have to have some more grooves done to get it bang on.
                              hth
                              rs2315
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hey there! stunning work. I am now going through similara restoration, wanted to ask if you can post or email me a really good quality engine bay pic? I am having trouble with routing vacuum lines (three of them pink/green and black) + how does the windshield line go correctly from the bottle to the hood.

it as been quite a while since the car has been from paint shop and also left in a standstill so everything is forgotten and the old laptop died with all the original pictures in it

Comment

Working...
                                X