Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic progress there Tom, I'm going to come and see that beast when it's ready. Will be in Houston for a wedding in 2 months - pull your finger out!

Just need a 3-spoke wheel in there and she'll be looking almost ready to drive... can't wait to see the engine in the bay
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Tom,

Seats are up to your usual high standard for this car, which is pretty high to say the least.

Looking forward to further updates like an addiction.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Tom my man....

Top progress in that RS2!!
        High standard as usual.
        O.T. on
        About seeing each other why don't you plan a trip to Italy for the Gran premio Nuvolari in september?
        Mantova it's a great town the Gran Premio it's fantastic and the food one of the best in Italy..... and a chance to meet up again with the folks of the team of Audi Tradition.....

http://www.gpnuvolari.it/

Stefano
        http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Originally posted by AudiCoupeParts View Post
          Hmmm, I think that black carpet looks very much like the one out of my old B4 90 sedan. Oh, thats right it is!!!
          hope you enjoy the old carpet from MY B4 80q. Installed yet?

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Yes, a little stretch of the imagination and they could be red, white and blue..
          I thought they were appropriate too!

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
          Very nice update, i like the seats a lot, you must have been luckey to get those as im sure they wouldn't hang around for long. When i was at Tots a few years ago he had some nice gear there too but nothing as special as that.. Strange though that the customer ordered them like this and then had it replaced with a bucket seat right away.. anyhow, im sure you can make very good use of them...
          I didn't get that either. I wondered why the special order just to remove them. Glad they did though. As you can see there is no wear on these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ross View Post
            Fantastic progress there Tom, I'm going to come and see that beast when it's ready. Will be in Houston for a wedding in 2 months - pull your finger out!

Just need a 3-spoke wheel in there and she'll be looking almost ready to drive... can't wait to see the engine in the bay
            Thanks Ross. Will you be coming to Georgia on you trip?

The 4 spoker is just there to fill the void and take abuse during the build. This is a late RS2 build so it will get a RS2 three spoke sport wheel. I had one, but I got tired of seeing it on the shelf......so it's in my S4 now. I'll find another. I should probably get an C4 S6 wheel for the S4 and put the RS2 one back where it belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfgang View Post
              @tom

nice work.

remember you´ll need a locking set from the avant. sedan set will not fit in the hatch from the avant...

best regards and keep the pictures going...

PS: Some glass would be nice...
              Thanks Wolfi,

I have the correct, of course , black RS2 rear hatch lock. The plan is to re-key it to match the doors and ignition lock. Maybe you have a set for me?

I'm waiting on all of the seals to arrive so I can get the glass in the rear of the car. I'm waiting until after the dash has been installed before the front windscreen is installed.

Comment

• Pure inspiration Tom, im at the start of a long road, but its all good, and runs (4) rings around any other hobby i can think of.
                Keep up the extremely good work....
                05 Allroad
                05 Seat Alhambra

Comment

• Cheers, without a doubt you will enjoy every step of that long road. One of the great things having a project like this is that my wife always can find me.

Comment

• sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Out in the garage playing with the wiring again.

Anyone know if this is the way this goes? There is a small metal ring that looks like it is used to tie down the wire, but I done see where it goes. Anybody got an idea?

Comment

• Can't unfortunately help you with that side of the boot....
                        Note: not my RS2!! (well.... Mine but another one! I bought it in this condition)

the rest it's a sunday present.... hope will be useful sopmhow for you Tom

Pictures are far too big sorry guys but thta's the best I can do I'm a proper donkey with computers.... if someone can do any good thanks to him

Stefano
                        Last edited by veneto rs2; 6 March 2011, 09:59.

Comment

• You need to put them in your own thread

Comment

• Well only reason I put them here it's because I believed (probably I'm wrong) Tom might need them.
                            Once downloaded by him I reckon all of them can be deleted

Comment

• No, no, I don't mind a bit Stefano. Please leave them right where they are. I already see answers to a few more questions I had.

The only complaint I have is that you've been holding out on my on some parts!!

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                                Out in the garage playing with the wiring again.

Anyone know if this is the way this goes? There is a small metal ring that looks like it is used to tie down the wire, but I done see where it goes. Anybody got an idea?

Or wire should go to the right car
                                You can move the ring along the wire
                                Maybe one of these two nuts on the right side of the picture
                                Last edited by Słonik; 6 March 2011, 13:37.
                                Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

Working...
                                X