Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately not much to report. I've got a new baby in the house and I've been busy with work.

I have however acquired a engine gasket set to I will begin stripping the motor of all manifold, brackets, accessories, etc. to facilitate a thorough cleaning. Once that's finished I'll be building it with new gaskets and seals in preparation for install hopefully this winter.

I've got a few pics of the engine with new exhaust manifold and turbo mounted. If I have time this weekend I'll try to get a couple of pictures up.

Keep the faith.

Comment

• Congratulations! I have a new baby in the house too, so I don't expect many reports from you in the next few months!
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Congrats to you too! How many weeks are you along? Time is at a premium these days. My 2 year old is going to his grand parents this weekend so there will defintely be some work on the RS2 during that time.

Comment

• Congrats! We have 6 month old twins (and a ~3 yr old); talk about zero time lol.
          1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• I'm impressed by the professionalism with which you approach the car and the level of refining of details.
            Can see that you speak to in the car piece of his heart.
            Good job.
            Cheers guy!
            Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

• Look forward to those engine pics

Think you're doing well given the situation, I have an 18-month and 3-week old boys in the house with long days, and the other new addition (RS2) is being neglected. Haven't even had time to clean it! (OK so i deep cleaned the interior the night before baby arrived but the outside is filthy)
              AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

• Hi,

I have a 3.5yr old girl Thea, and Lucas is nearly 6 weeks old...
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic
                Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• Well, it's a wonder any of us get any time to play with all these kiddies around.

I've hung the exhaust manifold, turbo, wastegate, and a few other ancillaries on the engine to check fitment. I've bought all new hardware and gaskets to mount these from the local dealer. OUCH that hurt, but hey I got to be original right?

I'll be pulling the engine apart soon to clean everything one last time and then remount it all with the new gaskets and hardware. That reminds me.......I gotta take that alternator to the shop for a rebuild. It really sticks out.

I'm hoping to have time tomorrow to tidy up the wiring and then place the carpet in the car. We will see how it goes.

Last edited by saltinot; 21 November 2010, 13:11. Reason: typo

Comment

• Tom,

You're right, it still so needs to be cleaned.

Brilliant.

Comment

• A couple of specs of dust there too....
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

• Wow nice engine. It looks like brand new.
                        Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

• You are Awesome!

Comment

• I just read this whole thread and must say: you sir are my new Audi Nutter Hero. Absolutely stellar effort. I appreciate your attention to detail as well. Keep up the good work!

And if you ever make it to Washington state, drop a line and I'll buy you a beer!

Comment

• excuse me if I missed this, but how are you getting this on the road legally in the US?

I saw your posts about possibly doing a dealer plate or kit car reg... was wondering if you ever nailed down the exact way
                              Last edited by chapel; 16 December 2010, 16:23.

Comment

• There are several different ways of getting it done here. HB950 passed a couple years ago and is my best friend.

The House Committee on Motor Vehicles offers the following substitute to HB 950:

A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
                                AN ACT

To amend Article 2 of Chapter 2 of Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to registration and licensing of motor vehicles, so as to provide for registration and licensing of assembled motor vehicles and motorcycles; to amend Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to certificates of title for motor vehicles, so as to provide for the issuance of certificates of title to owners of assembled motor vehicles and motorcycles; to provide for related matters; to provide for an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF GEORGIA:

SECTION 1.Article 2 of Chapter 2 of Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to registration and licensing of motor vehicles, is amended by revising Code Section 40-2-27, relating to registration of motor vehicles not manufactured to comply with federal emission and safety standards applicable to new motor vehicles, by adding a new subsection to read as follows:"(d) Before a certificate of registration is issued for an assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle, such assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle shall have been issued a certificate of title in Georgia and shall comply with the provisions of Code Section 40-3-30.1."

SECTION 2.Article 2 of Chapter 3 of Title 40 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to certificates of title for motor vehicles, is amended by adding a new Code section to read as follows:"40-3-30.1.(a) As used in this Code section and in Code Section 40-2-27, the term: (1) 'Assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle' or 'kit motor vehicle or motorcycle' means any motor vehicle or motorcycle that is: (A) Manufactured from a manufacturer´s kit or manufacturer´s fabricated parts, including replicas and original designs: (i) By an owner; (ii) At the request of the owner by a third-party manufacturer of motor vehicles or motorcycles; and(iii) Such manufacturer is not manufacturing and testing in accordance with federal safety standards issued pursuant to 49 U.S.C.A. Section 30101, et seq., unless and until the United States Customs Service or the United States Department of Transportation has certified that the motor vehicle complies with such applicable federal standards;(B) A new vehicle and consists of a prefabricated body, chassis, and drive train;(C) Handmade and not mass produced by any manufacturer for retail sale; or(D) Not otherwise excluded from emission requirements and is in compliance with Chapter 8 of Title 40, relating to equipment and inspection of motor vehicles.(2) 'Unconventional motor vehicle or motorcycle' means any motor vehicle or motorcycle that is manufactured, including, but not limited to, all-terrain vehicles, off-road vehicles, motorized carts, motor driven cycles, and mopeds, and that is not in compliance with the following: (A) Chapter 8 of Title 40, relating to equipment and inspection of motor vehicles;(B) Applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards issued pursuant to 49 U.S.C.A. Section 30101, et seq., unless and until the United States Customs Service or the United States Department of Transportation has certified that the motor vehicle complies with such applicable federal standards; or(C) Applicable federal emission standards issued pursuant to 42 U.S.C.A. Section 7401 through Section 7642, the 'Clean Air Act,' as amended.(b) In addition to the requirements contained in Code Section 40-3-30, prior to the issuance of a certificate of title to the owner of an assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle, the owner shall cause such assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle to be inspected in order to establish: (1) The existence of a verifiable Manufacturer´s Certificate of Origin (MCO) or other verifiable documentation of purchase of all major components; and(2) That such assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle complies with: (A) Chapter 8 of Title 40, relating to equipment and inspection of motor vehicles; and(B) If applicable, federal emission standards issued pursuant to 42 U.S.C.A. Section 7401 through Section 7642, the 'Clean Air Act,' as amended.(c) The inspection conducted under subsection (b) of this Code section shall only be for the purpose of establishing that such assembled motor vehicle or motorcycle is eligible to receive a certificate of title. (d) The department shall be authorized to charge an inspection fee.(e) Unconventional motor vehicles or motorcycles shall not be titled or registered."

SECTION 3.This Act shall become effective upon its approval by the Governor or upon its becoming law without such approval.

SECTION 4.All laws and parts of laws in conflict with this Act are repealed.

Comment

Working...
                                X