This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
    I do not remember where I got the pin part number. I have a list of part numbers that I find and record for later.

You are welcome! Glad to know that my project helps others. Helping others......that is one of the motivating factors in why I enjoy the project so much.

No projected date yet, but I am really pushing for the end of the year, as long as my bank account can take it.
    you should bump up that time line and take it on a nice road trip to Las Vegas in mid October for the Battleborn Quattro get together. Sadly you won't be the first one to come in an RS2...

Comment

• Thanks Tom for the P/Ns!
      Ordered my pins & connector Monday & have them in hand today Wednesday.
      Chris
      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnout View Post
        @Saltinot: these things tend to fall apart when older, wrong choice of plastic. How did you find the P/N for the pins? My local Audi dealer cannot find these, however does that with a small stash they keep apart.
        There are three pin PNs that are called out for the 893971974 housing

000979135 => 1 mm wire
        000979227 => 2.5 mm wire
        000979407 => 6 mm wire

I would think the MFTS wires are in the 1 mm size range.

Tom's suggestion of the pins as N<space><space>90732603 (spaces required by some searches) lists the Remarks as 4.8/1.0 and then 1.5-2.5 Quantity 25.
        RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• Dave, I would love to join you guys, but there is just no way this year with my work schedule. We need to catch up again soon. Enjoyed seeing you and Hank a few years ago in Provo.

I would rather be the BEST than the first anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by A1QSHIP View Post
            Thanks Tom for the P/Ns!
            Ordered my pins & connector Monday & have them in hand today Wednesday.
            Chris
            Excellent Chris.....it's a fairly easy job. I guess you have a good set of F-crimpers already?

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post

I would rather be the BEST than the first anyway.
              Won't be hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffiano View Post
                you should bump up that time line and take it on a nice road trip to Las Vegas in mid October for the Battleborn Quattro get together. Sadly you won't be the first one to come in an RS2...
                It would be awesome if the could get the Canadian RS2s to BBQ as well!
                1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• Crimpers

I think I have a set of crimpers that will work.
                  Attached Files
                  "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

• Looks like you probably have it covered.

Comment

• ****!
                      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Tom, hopefully you can help with this
                        after years of waiting, I finally got hold of a pair of the RS2 wishbone brake ducts - where do the holes need drilling for the tie wraps?

Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Alex, I have a set of these that were removed from a RS2 on my B2 90q turbo track car which have the "factory" holes in them. Before you start drilling let me have to take a peek at my 90 this weekend. I don't get why they new ones didn't get the holes.

Comment

• Thanks Tom. Odd that they changed them. I'd like to use the tie wrap if possible, they've cost enough as it is without them going missing!
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Don't laugh, but I actually bought (and paid) for the Audi zip ties because I wanted to see if they were something special. They are not. But now I know.

Agree. I have not secured mine yet either. Thanks for the reminder. Now where are those Audi zip ties I bought 8 years ago???

Comment

• I will let you off if they have a part number on them
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X