Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't begin to imagine how much this is costing. But you'll have the finest example of an RS2 in the world, I suspect.

Comment

• Looks awesome !!! Who's that big ol boy putting the windshield in ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABTS2USA View Post
        Looks awesome !!! Who's that big ol boy putting the windshield in ?
        Look who you pulled out of the cobweb Tom! Mr Wells himself

Thank you for the quattro watch buddy. I have something for you when your up in the NW.

Tom the glass makes everything come together doesn't it!?. Hope to see you soon brother
        Cheers mis amigos,
        _Anton

Comment

• Originally posted by macspring View Post
          Almost too nice to drive.

Certainly too nice to park.
          It is killing me too David. There is a push to get it done currently.

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
          Oooo, shiny! Looking more like a car thats almost ready to drive now
          I have to smile when I read that because I had that exact thought right after the glass guys finished. I have only had that thought one other time and that was when I mounted the headlights. I've pondered why only once before and why the headlights. The glass is easy to see, but headlights?? The only thing I can figure is that the headlight completed the "face" of the car.

Originally posted by orignalS60 View Post
          Do you really have a nogaro rs2 stateside. I'm freakin jealous.
          ah hem.....RS Blau mister.

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
          Awesome! It looks way better with glass

Any problems with the glass, did you have any issue getting a front windscreen with the VIN window?
          Thanks Eric! The replacement windscreen has the VIN window. I guess I will just black it out on the inside since I won't be needing it.

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
          Congrats, looking great

Question though, is it fitting glass with the wheels off the ground the way to do it? i thought it is supposed to be on it's wheels on a floor as flat as possible.
          Yes, the car should ideally be sitting on the wheels. I guess you are asking because you see the lift arms under the car? The car is on the ground in the pictures albeit sitting high still due to it not being finished (read light )

I had to move it out of the garage yesterday to work on a friends car so snapped a pic. REALLY looking more like a car now.

Comment

• So dang freak'n nice. I know 99.9% of people won't have a clue, but for those of us (esp stateside) this IS the standard.
            1990 Coupe Quattro, Full RS2 Conversion

http://www.europeancarweb.com/featur...rs2/index.html

2008 S4 Avant, Sprint Blue

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post

I had to move it out of the garage yesterday to work on a friends car so snapped a pic. REALLY looking more like a car now.

Cazzo che bella Tom!
              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Hy Saltinot!

Can you give the car dimensions? width * lenght * height

Thx

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                A must before so I can take the car to the painter was to fix my wounded trolley I'm happy with the my new wheels.

The old wheels..... What the heck was I thinking. Of yeah I was trying to do it on the cheap.

New wheels. Steel with grease fittings and a 900lb per wheel rating. The birds had there way with my trolley while she was down on her luck.

Hopefully this will help restore Si's faith in me as a craftsman.

More tomorrow

Comment

• I have cut it down a little since then so it is not so tall. It's more stable now. I'll look today. I have a C5 S6 avant on it and taking it to the scrap man.

Comment

• Finally! The holy grail

I had to buy a couple of inlets to finally get the blinking thing, but it's now on the car. Uhg! Special thanks to s2driveruk for receiving multiple manifolds over the last year in my quest.

In case you are just joining us, these are not a spare part from Audi. We have discovered a suitable aftermarket replacement where originality doesn't count. More info can be found HERE

Comment

• ahhh so you managed to get them back ok then Great to see it finally begin it's new life on the car
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Worked over the weekend to replace my decomposing MFTS.

New terminals and connector housing purchased from Audi.

Part numbers:
                        1 x MFTS housing - 893 971 974
                        4 x terminals - N 907 326 03

The housing just fell apart in my hands.

Used F-crimper to get that factory wiring quality and appearance. I'm happy with the results. Pin is out of focus, sorry.

On to the next little detail.

Comment

• How much was the housing out of interest as mine is getting a bit crusyty
                          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

• Greg, the connector housing was 8,28EUR

Comment

• @Saltinot: these things tend to fall apart when older, wrong choice of plastic. How did you find the P/N for the pins? My local Audi dealer cannot find these, however does that with a small stash they keep apart.

Thanks (again) for the tips, I need to redo mine as well. Thanks to you, my RS2 now has again both its black headlight trims (for masking the grill). Audi Tradition still had these on stock!

Do you already have a date when the RS2 will be driveable?

Comment

• I do not remember where I got the pin part number. I have a list of part numbers that I find and record for later.

You are welcome! Glad to know that my project helps others. Helping others......that is one of the motivating factors in why I enjoy the project so much.

No projected date yet, but I am really pushing for the end of the year, as long as my bank account can take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X