X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
    So what's new?
    hehe i know how you fell.. you need a bracket for the oilcooler?

Comment

• I have one, but it isn't the prettiest. It's structurally fine, but pitted with rust.

Comment

• Getting motivated. Completed fabricating the Ni-Cu brake lines...finally. I had already done the line from the ABS pump to the rear axle and the lines from the "T" junction. I thought that I would need a tubing straightener but was happy to find that the job is easily done with your hands.

The tools. Tubing bender, flaring tool, small tubing cutter. A little dap of Tap Magic on the flaring head helps the tool do its job more smoothly.

All lines are run now. I still need to cut and flare the other ends on the two front calipers once the rubber lines arrive.

Comment

• A quick, read one day, trip to the west coast to ship my 18 inch Cup wheels home. I bought them from Anton years ago with plans of meeting him and picking up the wheels. Well, if you have been keeping up with this then you know I had to get this done quick. So my wife and I hopped the first flight out from Atlanta to Seattle last Tuesday. Landed in Seattle at 09:30 in the morning where Anton was waiting curbside. We then drove straight to Home Depot (UK folks read Homebase ) and bought boxes and packing material. Anton and I packed them all up in a short while and then shipped them out. Anton then dropped us off at our hotel where we took a quick nap, then a walk around Pike Market, and then right out to Anton's mothers restaurant where we were treated to some of the best Caribbean food I've ever had. My wife and I were on the first flight out again Wednesday morning, but this time the 3 hour time difference didn't work in our favor. Cheers for all the help Anton!

Anyway, pulled one of the wheels out and stuck it up on the car just to see. I'm taking them to the machine shop to have the center bore milled out to fit the RS2 and then they are directly off to the refinisher.

Attn Purists, I do not yet have a complete set of original RS2 Cup1 wheels. So don't worry they are coming. Just need two more so if anyone has a couple knocking about please give me a shout.

I think I might need a brake caliper in there soon too.

Comment

• Tidy work on those brake lines - fiddly to get all those bends right - dreading doing mine... glad to see you are using the correct ISO flares there BTW !
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Hats of to you Tom for sorting the brake lines with engine in situ, looking really good keep up the good work as always.

Comment

• Yep, brilliant line work, especially as said above with the engine in. Tap magic is a great idea , never thought of any lubricant when doing mine.
                Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Hi Tom,

Money sent.

My contribution is so worth it for me as the thread is a great resource, the photos for inspiration, and the part numbers for helpful reference.

Hope the various moneys donated help speed up the updates for us on here and the completion of the car for you.

Video your maiden drive.

Kind regards.

Comment

• I have an oil cooler bracket, duct and lines that are in great shape. I bought got it off ebay (might have been from Tots in CH) years ago for my urquattro 20V project as the RR ur quattro and RS2 use the same oil cooler. The oil cooler wasn't as good as I expected however, so now I have a bunch of stuff that I can't use. I still need a good oil cooler, and lines for that matter as the RR lines I have are in rough shape, so if you find a good source for the cooler I would get one as well.

Steve

Comment

• Tom,

Been watching your post for quite a while and learning all the way..... Looking forward to hearing those famous words "Houston, we have main engine start... beep !"

Sorry to take you back in tome but I would appreciate some help identifying the parts to refit my left rear side window on my RS2, do I need to replace the rubber seal that goes the length of the car or can I replace the smaller pieces only ?

Another question, do you have a part number for the window trim that goes on the inside of the tailgate, the U shaped trim that covers the glass on the inside ?

Amazing car...

Thanks

PAUL

Comment

• Hey Paul,

I'm looking forward to that day too Paul! Hopefully not too much longer.

The long black trim piece that runs along the top of the windows/doors does not need to be removed or replaced. There is a rubber trim piece around the side window that fits on the glass, but the glass itself is held in place with RTV. I was able to remove the glass without damaging the seals. I did buy new seals however.

The part number for the trim is 8A9 867 975 A 01C. That is for the satin black part. Hopefully it is still available....if not I have a spare if you need one.

-Tom

Comment

• Which heat shield??

The front heat shield is NLA for the RS2/S2, but the V6 version and the 5cyl version are still available new from Audi.

Anyone know what the differences are between them? Which would be the best one to use as a substitute for the RS2?

Anyone have a nice, or new, RS2/S2 version??

8A0 804 160 5cyl
                          8A0 804 160 B V6
                          8A0 804 160 D RS2/S2 (NLA)

Comment

Anyone know what the differences are between them? Which would be the best one to use as a substitute for the RS2?
                            Difference in shape. I don't know how to describe.
                            V6 and 5cyl got different gearbox and a little bit different covers.
                            RS2 got the same gearbox with 5cyl, but gearbox moved to the rear.

I think 5cyl may be implemented as substitute with some handwork on it.

Comment

I do not yet have a complete set of original RS2 Cup1 wheels. So don't worry they are coming. Just need two more so if anyone has a couple
                              Ciao Tom

As we discussed in person at the Eifel Rally Festival
                              My contribution to this iconic project will be the couple of original RS2 Cup1 wheels that are missing costless.
                              Your task it's to sort the shipping....
                              Italy USA can be costy but i know you have good connections to sort this issue?
                              Or you cna bring them back with you on the plane in a couple of weeks?

Stefano
                              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Rear glass fitment

Hi,
                                There are 3 pop rivited spacer clips at the front of the glass on the C pillar and a small runner spacer at the D pillar as well, I've pics somewhere as Im in the middle of the paint process at the minute

Fantastic thread, your car will be stunning

Paul
                                1995 RS2 Nogaro
                                1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
                                1974 Lotus Elan+2S 130/5

Comment

Working...
                                X