This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rs2315 View Post
    hi tom as i mentioned my springs are not stock my setting is nearer the13 mm 20 would sit to high for my set up
    i,ve got at least 4 grooves on each of my dampers, so plenty of choice.
    if your fronts sit high i would go with 20mm. it might be a trial and error thing before your happy
    with how she sits, you may have to have some more grooves done to get it bang on.
    hth
    rs2315
    I ended up doing two grooves, one at 13mm and one at 20mm below the original spring perch location. I went for the 20mm setting. It seems a little high, but this is probably due to the fact that the car lacks completion. The car is at the paint shop now where they are aligning the hood, doors, etc. A wet sand and polish is also in the works. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I've been on holiday so it will be a nice welcome home present. I'll post pics of the way it sits in the rear once home.

Comment

• Originally posted by riddlerLV View Post
      Hey there! stunning work. I am now going through similara restoration, wanted to ask if you can post or email me a really good quality engine bay pic? I am having trouble with routing vacuum lines (three of them pink/green and black) + how does the windshield line go correctly from the bottle to the hood.

it as been quite a while since the car has been from paint shop and also left in a standstill so everything is forgotten and the old laptop died with all the original pictures in it
      I know the feeling. If I leave mine too long I forget where things go.

I will see if I can find some 3 pics. I have a few pics that I have used during my build to help me so I will need to dig them up. If I forget please remind me.

Comment

• yeah, if you can that would be really nice, as I have no clue how they are routed correctly, and the ETKa does not give any clarification either.

Comment

• Adding a pic of the new grooves on my rear B5 S4 avant Bilsteins. Two new grooves, one 13mm below original, one 20mm below the original. I went with the 20mm setting to start.

Comment

• Got my 18 inch cups back from the Wheel Wizard down in Atlanta yesterday. I had them refinish all 5 wheels as one will be kept in the spare wheel well. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the car. I drove the Golf to fetch them as it's a good 150 miles roundtrip. They did an amazing job.

"The (wheel) Transporter" Rule Number 1: "Don't change the deal.", Rule Number 2: "No names", and Rule Number 3: "Never open the package."

Comment

• Wow dude! Looks great! Glad I could be part of your project
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

• LOL at the Transporter reference - delicious looking wheels there Tom
                Paul Nugent
                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Hi Tom!
                  Nice job on those wheels!

Nice Polo shirt also.....
                  http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Those wheels look very very good

Comment

• Got the car to the ACNA National event yesterday. Got washed with water for the first time. Not quite a runner yet, but it looked great. Delays at the body shop and parts hung up in customs kept it from being more complete. On the bright side I have a lot of parts in the garage now that will get me a lot closer to the finish line. Probably need to invest in some green H&Rs.

Comment

• Nice one, she looks like she rolled off the production line! Bet there was a toothy grin with it rolled into place is that a pearlweiss coupe next to it?
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Awesome!

Comment

• Awesome Tom! Looks perfect, just perfect. Bet you can't wait to turn they key now...
                            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• 1995 1PissedOff90sigpic1991 USDM CQ 7aT

Comment

• Stunning
                                1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed
                                1995 90
                                2011 A4 Avant
                                1990 CQ - V8 (sold)

Comment