X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audifan View Post
    Update? Is this done yet?
    Still plugging away at it. Work is slow but steady. Small things that are not really note worthy.

Some updates:

Ordered the large radiator surround between the engine and radiator. I ordered the RS2 part number 8A0 121 284 H. Received part number 8A0 121 284 G, which did not fit. I tried to fit it not realizing that Audi had substituted the G part for the H. So off to the internet to find pics of what the H part looks like. Found a picture on eBay and decided to create my own H part from what I was given. I took out my hot blade and started lopping off bits. Once I had the correct shape I used rubber strips cut from those rubber shields where the tie rods pass through. Some holes drilled, a few pop rivets and done.

20200321_165520.jpg

20200321_164314.jpg
    20200321_173234.jpg

20200321_175302.jpg

The finished product.
    20200321_175330.jpg
    Installed. Waiting on a few more mounting nuts and bolts before it is mounted permanently.

20200321_180829.jpg

Comment

• Replaced both knock sensors with new Bosch parts. Installed by a professional mechanic, not me, as per the illustration on the box. Haha.

0 261 231 036 - blue connector
      0 261 231 038 - green connector

20200321_164440.jpg

Comment

• ......and last update for now, but a big one. Tire pressure sticker attached.

20200320_193137.jpg

Comment

• Finally received the last coolant hose that I needed from Germany. RS2 original design in silicone. Audi part number 8A0 121 109 B. The factory rubber hose has been obsolete from Audi since 2007. You can substitute hoses from the S2, but.......

I have evening plans now.

20200803_155934.jpg

20200803_155915.jpg

Comment

• where abouts does that hose sit, I don't think i've ever seen one before that shape?

Do you happen to know the part number for the rs2 speedo cluster surround, not the individual dials but the surround that houses them?

Comment

• Originally posted by david1980 View Post
              where abouts does that hose sit, I don't think i've ever seen one before that shape?
              The little short section of this hose sits between the pipe coming off the thermostat on the block and the metal coolant pipe that runs down the side of the block. The longer part of the "T" connects to the bottom of the coolant tank.

Originally posted by david1980 View Post
              Do you happen to know the part number for the rs2 speedo cluster surround, not the individual dials but the surround that houses them?
              8A1 919 054 A, but they appear to be obsolete now. The standard one is still available however.

Comment

• I took a panoramic picture of the "T'ed" RS2 specific coolant hose, hose pics a few post back, where you can see how it connects. Thought it would be a helpful reference in the future.

20200910_154513_small.jpg

Comment

• Disgustingly clean there Tom, can you throw some black oil and some grit in there and make us all feel better?
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Tom, keep going on this project!

Comment

• Any updates Tom?
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• awesome

Comment

• Rumors of my project's completion have been greatly exaggerated.

It has been a while, but I am back working on the RS2. I was made redundant in June of 2021 and was out of full time work for a year and a half. I am happy to report that I am working again and have some expendable income to throw at the cars. I'm thrilled to be in the garage.

I have been hell bent on getting her started this year. Since I last reported in I have built the fuel lines from the engine to the tank. At the tank I still need to cut them off to length and connect the rubber lines up. The difficult part is done. I replaced all the vacuum lines in the engine compartment with nice new cloth braided hose as per the factory. I had a bag of those one use crimp clamps that I had bought from Audi a few years back so I used those so it looks like new again.

With the engine bay in shape I moved on to the wiring, which I have been dreading. First order of affairs is to get the central harness installed. This is the last harness that needs to be installed. I dove head first into it and it was not quite so bad. I just took my time and worked through it.

I am making good headway, but wanted to stop and ask the forum if I had done this correctly. I attached individual fuse holders to the inside of the fuse box, the OBD connectors, and the wiring adjacent to the OBD connection (green/red wire & white/red wire).

Does this look right? Am I missing anything so far?

rs2 fuse box.jpg

Comment

• Hello Tom

Nice to see that all is going fine and that you can work again on this awesome build!
                            Here some picture of a RS2 stock :

and mine:

Keep working!
                            Cheers from switzerland man!

Comment

• Hey Tom, glad to see an update from you. I too am dealing with fitting all the wiring back in for my project...not my favorite part. I'd post some pics, but our projects are like apples and oranges. Good luck with what's left.
                              2001 A4 Avant QMS - FXK04'd
                              1991 Audi CQ - Project
                              1996 A4 12v Quattro Manual - SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by porci82 View Post
                                Hello Tom

Nice to see that all is going fine and that you can work again on this awesome build!
                                Keep working!
                                Cheers from switzerland man!
                                Hey Fred! Thank you for the pictures. They were helpful. I was able to get the fuse box put together. I still need to source a few relays, but it is installed and mostly populated with fuses/relays. There is still some work to do on the bottom side however!!

20230117_204618.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X