Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of the finished engine bay. You can see the fuel lines that I built with replacement poly coated steel lines that are a dead ringer in appearance for the factory lines. I'm happy with the result, but it was a pain to do in steel. The first set of lines I made without the engine in the car. I waited until the engine was in to cut and flare the ends where they mate with the lines from the fuel rail. While trying to flare the last line my flaring tool slipped and goofed the flare. I cut the damaged end off and went to try again, but the line was not long enough for me to put the fitting on and get the tool on the end of the line. I cut the entire line out of the car and started over. This time with the engine in the car. I failed at least 6 times and got so angry I had to walk away from the car for weeks at a time between tries.

20230117_204522.jpg

20230117_204541.jpg
    Last edited by saltinot; 19 January 2023, 01:51.

Comment

• stunning

Comment

• What a job!

**** for this fuel line, but it's realy not a useless job!
        What a mess of cable under the Fuse bux, i've tried to make it something better, but i don't find a way !
        Cheers!

You not far from starting it, great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
          stunning
          Cheers for that! It only took me 15+ years! I am pushing to get this started in the next couple months. It is a long time coming.

Originally posted by porci82 View Post
          What a job!

What a mess of cable under the Fuse box, I've tried to make it something better, but I don't find a way !
          Agree. I too have made multiple attempts to tidy that area up to no avail. I unplug and move things around. Still a mess.

Last edited by saltinot; 20 January 2023, 16:35.

Comment

• Nice to see your back working on the car, wiring always looks more complicated than it is, not saying it's easy and vehicle electrics are uniquely irritating due to access but you get there in the end.

My example is parked up for the time being. Though she's in the dry and I'm picking up parts slowly. As soon as it warms up a bit I need to start working on something for my own sanity, poxy broken elbow still isn't right and is much worse in the cold.
            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

• I've had mine 20 years and still no where near finished

Comment

• Are they ever finished?

Comment

• Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                  Nice to see your back working on the car, wiring always looks more complicated than it is, not saying it's easy and vehicle electrics are uniquely irritating due to access but you get there in the end.

My example is parked up for the time being. Though she's in the dry and I'm picking up parts slowly. As soon as it warms up a bit I need to start working on something for my own sanity, poxy broken elbow still isn't right and is much worse in the cold.
                  Cheers Kit. I agree, but it is incredibly tedious. The wiring is coming together, but I have one relay connector that I cannot figure out where it goes or what relay plugs into it. I've been searching diagrams and looking at photos for 2 days now and I'm officially stumped.

20230119_205142.jpg

Comment

• I think that might be for the "buzzer" relay to remind you that you've left your lights/radio. From memory, the relay is held in place with a metal clip that sits directly above the opening for the shelf below the drivers steering column.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuvo View Post
                      I think that might be for the "buzzer" relay to remind you that you've left your lights/radio. From memory, the relay is held in place with a metal clip that sits directly above the opening for the shelf below the drivers steering column.
                      It seems to be in the right place and nothing else is close to plug in there. It is those thick gauge wires that leads me to believe that it is for something that requires big wires. Currently there is a relay in that clip with a part number of 191 953 227 and stamped with 21 on the top. Is that correct?

Comment

• Relay above the shelf is for turn signals and it is 21. It's not for buzzer relay either.
                        Where does the wires go to? Without looking through wiring diagrams, wire colors makes me think it has something to do with cooling fans.

Comment

• Apologies for the bum steer, clearly my memory needs a refresh.

Comment

• Found it - it plugs underneath the fusebox, marked with K and is for radiator fan relay.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by mdz View Post
                              Found it - it plugs underneath the fusebox, marked with K and is for radiator fan relay.
                              Oh man! You have made my day. I did not ever think that it would plug into the bottom of the fuse box. Thank you so much for figuring this out for me. Have a great weekend!

Comment

• That’s why I love this forum

Comment

Working...
                                X