Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice idea with the grinder disc, i spent ages carefully wiping them to keep them paint free, grinder is so obvious now you say it.
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

• they'll rust out again pretty quick in our climate though. I'd only clean up the ones for the oil pressure switch and sender and the knock sensors.
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• I spent a few moments out in the garage yesterday evening. Decided to dig out a few brackets from my engine parts box (seen below) and bolt them up. I don't want to go too far since I still have to refinish the other side of the block.

Comment

• Hmmm...what is the correct position of the RS2 oil pressure gauge sender and oil pressure switch? Might be different than AAN. ??

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• They are reversed on the ADU and ABY than they are found on the AAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
              They are reversed on the ADU and ABY than they are found on the AAN.
              That is what I am saying too but your photo seems to show them in the AAN position not the ADU/ABY position.

Comment

• Lol, they are just filling the void to keep out the dirt. I'm just getting started here Mr. Dave. .

Aren't you going to point out that I have the wrong sensor color too? Ha!

Speaking of......I forgot to mention that I replaced the little valve that hoods oil pressure down in that hole you posted above. Easy stuff accomplished with the use of.a.small triple square. $30 from the dealer here....OUCH!
                Last edited by saltinot; 18 January 2012, 03:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                  Lol, they are just filling the void to keep out the dirt. I'm just getting started here Mr. Dave. . Aren't you going to point out that I have the wrong sensor color too? Ha! Speaking of......I forgot to mention that I replaced the little valve that hoods oil pressure down in that hole you posted above. Easy stuff accomplished with the use of.a.small triple square. $30 from the dealer here....OUCH!
                  You mean this check valve (below) as discussed in the AAN Oil Pressure Sender, Switches and Check Valves post? ( http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml ). That came up as issue here recently (in a different thread).

Comment

• Omg No Im At The End Of The Thread!

I Want Updates Now!

Comment

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                      You mean this check valve (below) as discussed in the AAN Oil Pressure Sender, Switches and Check Valves post? ( http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/96161.phtml ). That came up as issue here recently (in a different thread).

I must admit your posts are some of the best i've ever read, always have good links and where possible pics and info. Keep up the good work

Originally posted by Jeremy Sawatzky View Post
                      Omg No Im At The End Of The Thread!

I Want Updates Now!
                      lol

Keep up the good work tom, brilliant thread

Comment

If the one discussed is the same one in your picture, then yes that is it.

Quattroworld, I don't frequent there. It's the S2forum for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by djh View Post
                          I must admit your posts are some of the best i've ever read, always have good links and where possible pics and info. Keep up the good work
                          Thanks. I try to help. I knew Tom wouldn't make a mistake. I just wanted him to confirm that the location of the oil pressure sender and switch were reversed for the ABY and ADU when compared to the AAN.

Comment

• Originally posted by djh View Post
                            Keep up the good work tom, brilliant thread
                            Will do! Thanks!

Comment

i like this engine

Comment

Rohr Rossa!

It looks nice even though they used hex head bolts on the oil pan, aux coolant pump bracket, and water manifold.

Comment

Working...
                                X