This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
    That look is very inspiring. Totally Uber OE. Much better than the totally polished bling that some people go for.
    I agree with the above.

Nice one Tom.

Talk about raising the bar.

Comment

• More attention to detail than the factory.

Pg. 15 from the RS2 brochure (they didn't even try):

ABY cut-away, closer but not close enough:

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

• It is progressing nicely Tom
        Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

• Its official. I hate you.

Love the attention to detail on the cam cover. It is on my "to do" list.... One day.

The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

• That is the best looking one I have ever seen. Im betting this car ends up the tidiest RS2 in teh world!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
              Cheers Vonbeck. Hope you've gotten over the lurgie by now.

I took the valve cover to the a shop up the road from work to have the valve cover refinished. I wasn't happy with the condition and wanted something that looks like the original aluminum. I decided on what they call "satin silver" Wasn't cheap, but it turned out nicely.

After I got it back they had coated the breather tubes, which they told me they would mask off before it was coated so I put the cover in my blast cabinet and hit them with some plastic media. This is the same media that is used to strip paint from aircraft bodies. It is so gentle that I use it on internal engine components and it will strip off the paint from wing bolts and leave the zinc. Great for all that hardware that I get from the breakers. Anyway, the coaters sand blasted the entire piece which left the tubes dull. So after stripping the coating off I polished the tubes to bring them back to their original luster. It was a pain but it turned out nice in the end.

To bring the "20v turbo" script back to an OEM look I wrapped a strip of 600 grit around a carpenter's pencil and started rubbing it back and forth until all the coating had been removed.

Oh..... mio Dio! (traslation OMG!)

That cover looks absolutely fantastic!

Tom you're the RS2 Man period

Stefano

P.S.
              You should apply for a job at Audi Tradtion
              http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Hey Tom,

The project is looking fantastic...keep up the good work!

Hope to see you in Coventry this year - some time around, hmm, late August?

Cheers! Your //sfest roommate,

Ed

Comment

• Cheers guys. I'm resisting the urge to cut corners to get it done quicker. Thanks for the encouragement to maintain the status quo.

Ed, if everything goes as planned I'm hoping to make it to //sfest next year.

Mounted up the manifold, turbo, wastegate.

New heat shields. I still need to source that little bracket that supports the shields at the front.

Boost tube, oil filter bracket, right side motor mount bracket, etc, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                    Cheers guys. I'm resisting the urge to cut corners to get it done quicker. Thanks for the encouragement to maintain the status quo.

Ed, if everything goes as planned I'm hoping to make it to //sfest next year.

Mounted up the manifold, turbo, wastegate.

New heat shields. I still need to source that little bracket that supports the shields at the front.

Boost tube, oil filter bracket, right side motor mount bracket, etc, etc.

Audi Tradition needs to see this thread
                    Cheers mis amigos,
                    _Anton

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                      Audi Tradition needs to see this thread
                      cheers Anton. They know about it and they are watching.

That reminds me that I need to inquire as to when they will have that new run of door sills finished.

Comment

• During my installation of the A/C compressor bracket I noticed that the small bracket that bolts to the block is machined to take an o-ring (seen in the picture below). I also had another part that looks like a block-off plate. I had originally thought that the block-off plate would mount under the black metal bracket until I noticed that it was machined for an o-ring. Now I'm not sure. It seems to me that I should just leave the block plate out of the picture and just mount the bracket mit o-ring. Anyone know what to do here?

This situation comes about due to the fact that I live in the US where we have no RS2 so I don't have any points of reference. Therefore I am unsure of what to order so I just order everything I see in the parts diagram and work it out later. This is a perfect case in point.

The black A/C adjuster bracket.

The block-off plate. I guess this is for those who don't have A/C and have the oil pan flange for an A/C equipped RS2? I can't see any other reason Audi would make it available.

Comment

• Just use the bracket with o-ring. There seems to be some variations with the ac bracket and bracket fitting angle/height on the block side depending on the block's manufacturing date, I hope you found the right bracket for your block and ac compressor. I built last summer a 3B engine to a late factory spare part block and I couldn't find a bracket to fit without modifications.

Comment

• I see Mr Saltino continues to show us all the way with understated perfection. Great work and more patience than I can imagine !
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

• Originally posted by JariP View Post
                              Just use the bracket with o-ring. There seems to be some variations with the ac bracket and bracket fitting angle/height on the block side depending on the block's manufacturing date, I hope you found the right bracket for your block and ac compressor. I built last summer a 3B engine to a late factory spare part block and I couldn't find a bracket to fit without modifications.
                              Ah, well that explains the spacer/block-off plate then. After I read your reply I headed straight to my garage and tried using the bracket with the block-off plate and it was just a tad too high. Without the plate and only the bracket everything lines up perfectly. Thank you for the info JariP!

Off to find an o-ring.

Comment

• TOM

Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                                I have never seen that heat shield over the front part of the manifold/ wastegate before.

Was this RS2 specific?

What was its primary purpose?

Andrew
                                //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Working...
                                X