Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stefano, thanks again for the pics. Would it be too much trouble for you to pull off the trim under the roof aerial and take a pic of the routing of the cable?

The routing should be the same on all B4 avants so if anyone has a pic or can tell me it would be much appreciated.

Originally posted by Słonik View Post
    Or wire should go to the right car
    You can move the ring along the wire
    Maybe one of these two nuts on the right side of the picture
    The right side does not seem to be the correct way due to the fact that there are no clips running in that direction.

The ring has been crimped to the cable and will not move and the nuts you're speaking of are too far away for the ring to reach them.

Comment

• See what I can do Tom I'll try tomorrow morning (19.00 H in Italy)

Cheers Stefano
      http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

• Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
        See what I can do Tom I'll try tomorrow morning (19.00 H in Italy)

Cheers Stefano
        You're a good man!

I'll email you @ the Nuvolari.

Comment

• Tom would Tobias give you info on this one by email.
          He's pulled a few to bits in his time.
          Remind him how much money you've spent with him, and I'm sure he'd respond.

rs2315.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
            Stefano, thanks again for the pics. Would it be too much trouble for you to pull off the trim under the roof aerial and take a pic of the routing of the cable?

The routing should be the same on all B4 avants so if anyone has a pic or can tell me it would be much appreciated.

The right side does not seem to be the correct way due to the fact that there are no clips running in that direction.

The ring has been crimped to the cable and will not move and the nuts you're speaking of are too far away for the ring to reach them.
            This ring is the only one around the cable?
            Competition quattro & AMB engines

Comment

• Originally posted by Słonik View Post
              This ring is the only one around the cable?
              Yes, it is the only one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2315 View Post
                Tom would Tobias give you info on this one by email.
                He's pulled a few to bits in his time.
                Remind him how much money you've spent with him, and I'm sure he'd respond.

rs2315.
                True, he would but sometimes it takes him a while to get back to me. I'm hoping my paisan will get me a pic sooner.

Comment

True, he would but sometimes it takes him a while to get back to me. I'm hoping my paisan will get me a pic sooner.

Tom the reportage from that RS2 salvage it's something like 100 pictures.
                  The best I can do it's burn a CD for you and forward to Georgia...
                  I believe it will be good for you, please PM your adress

Stefano

P.S.

I'm receivng several PMs asking parts for sale from that salvaged RS2.
                  The car and all parts are in joint venture so I'm not the only owner.
                  Also I consider my RS2 a collectable car and it's been mine since 1997 and will be mine till..... I don't know.
                  I will be a complete lol to sell parts with all the hassle of NLA and considering the price of spares from Audi.
                  So please everyone note that I'm not and will not selling any RS2 part.

Comment

• Tom..... you need to buy a new back trim for me!

Not easy to take a picture of that area because the sealing upholstery comes all the way to the trim area....

But ok what I can say it's that the route you have from back left side it's ok.

The antenna cable makes an elbow of 90° and it's covered with a usual short foam sleeve.
                    The clips you have used are ok but the antenna cable with is rounded bolt does not go like you put it
                    the curve/elbow it's simply pressed flat and seats on the flat area on top of the trim
                    Hope you can make yourself an idea from the photos attached.

Stefano

P.S.

Found a way to put thumbnails.....

Comment

• Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                      Tom..... you need to buy a new back trim for me!
                      Great, I owe you 5 beers, dinner, and now one RS2 trim!

Originally posted by veneto rs2 View Post
                      Not easy to take a picture of that area because the sealing upholstery comes all the way to the trim area....

But ok what I can say it's that the route you have from back left side it's ok.

The antenna cable makes an elbow of 90° and it's covered with a usual short foam sleeve.
                      The clips you have used are ok but the antenna cable with is rounded bolt does not go like you put it
                      the curve/elbow it's simply pressed flat and seats on the flat area on top of the trim
                      Hope you can make yourself an idea from the photos attached.

Stefano

P.S.

Found a way to put thumbnails.....
                      I think I understand. So does the ring affixed to the cable attach one of the hatch bolts?

I'll have to study your pictures better when my boss isn't breathing down my neck!

Thank you again for helping on this.

Comment

• A couple of pics from this past Sunday.

I didn't bolt the rear seat in just yet because I'm still unsure of a few parts and how they should be installed. I'll have to take a picture of the parts and see if anyone can tell me where they go.

Comment

• Those front seats are drool worthy
                          Shane

Comment

• tom, your seat belt on the passenger side is 180° degree turned. means you´ve bolted it to the wrong side to your body-shell. (or chassis or whatever this thing is called).

best regards!
                            S2 Coupe ABY
                            S2 Sedan
                            S6 20V Avant
                            www.audis2.de

Comment

Great, I owe you 5 beers, dinner, and now one RS2 trim!

I think I understand. So does the ring affixed to the cable attach one of the hatch bolts?

I'll have to study your pictures better when my boss isn't breathing down my neck!

Thank you again for helping on this.

Ok the boy found photoshop on his Mac and played a little bit with it.....

I know looks absolutely cack.....

In yellow the aerial bolt
                              In red the rounded connection to the cable coming from the dash
                              In blu the route of the cable with the 90° "elbow"

Any good?

Comment

• Tom - probably the best person to ask since your engines out atm and you have a clean engine bay. Out of interest how many seperate looms and other fittings actually pass thru the bulk head of the car into the engine bay i.e. engine loom, headlight etc loom, abs loom.

Progress is picking up pace I see

Comment

Working...
                                X