• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting how many sad faces are written into bills

Comment

• fixed

Comment

• it's still funny.

good luck getting this done with the new baby.
        My S6 has been an effort in madness with trying to juggle work, home, wife and baby

Comment

• Thanks. Be sure to read the law....you can get some ideas as to how it can be done. What are you importing?

Comment

• nothing until 2020...
            and hopefully they don't change the 25 year rule on us...

Comment

• LOL, everyone keeps asking me how for some reason.........but have no current plans for importing. It's getting a old.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk. Forget about how I'm going to get it registered and just enjoy the project. Honestly I really don't care if I ever get it registered I just want the car. Believe me when I say it will be driven. I haven't worked on this for almost 7 years now for it not to be.

Comment

• I'd just hate for some bureaucratic ******** to keep you from enjoying it whenever you wanted. I know plenty of guys that have tried some of the things you've mentioned with imported Japanese cars only to have them marked for 'export'...
                great car though. I'm going to stick with the 25 year importation rule when I decide to move onto another project. I'm looking at a Lotus Omega myself.

There's some guys over on the Car Lounge that are being harassed by the government about their Skylines. There's another guy in my town that has a Skyline GT-S that he gets crap for every time he has to get the registration done on it.

Comment

• I dont know what to say, you just rock. Keep it up and good luck!
                  My LADY IN RED is finally home. The first and only Audi S2 ABT C5 coupe in Norway. Its truly like walking into a dream when i walk into the garage

Comment

• RS2 airbox duct work

Happy New Year everyone!!

Moving along at a snail's pace I had the chance to figure out the puzzle of plastic pieces that make up the duct work on the RS2. Again, I don't have any reference points so there I was in the garage with all these little parts left to wonder how it all goes together. After a little trial and error I got it licked. The engineers did a nice job of enclosing this area to ensure only good cold air get to the airbox inlet.

A picture of all the puzzle pieces.

In retrospect I should have done a step-by-step, but........ Here's the finished job.

From the front.

A few from the back side.

Comment

• This thread never ceases to amaze me, has to be the best build Ive ever seen

Comment

• Salty keep the detailed pics coming from all the angles on this build.
                        For me and I'm sure many other forum members these pics are like an RS2 manual come to life.
                        I've used many of these pics to help me sort jobs on my RS2.

rs2315.
                        sigpic

Comment

• *gasp* I see red!

Comment

• LOL....shocking isn't it!

Comment

• Originally posted by saltinot View Post
                              Moving along at a snail's pace I had the chance to figure out the puzzle of plastic pieces that make up the duct work on the RS2. Again, I don't have any reference points so there I was in the garage with all these little parts left to wonder how it all goes together. After a little trial and error I got it licked. The engineers did a nice job of enclosing this area to ensure only good cold air get to the airbox inlet.
                              Can you please provide partnumbers of all of these pieces?
                              Because on my RS2 they are gone in years of life...

And one more questions: few new parts in your Audi (such as spare wheel covering) dropped without replacement by the factory. How can you buy this parts?

Comment

• Tom,

There is a bit of rust on the top screw holding the plastic air guide on.

Seiously there are a few bits missing from the air box on my car that I am going to have to order now! The car is looking great.

cheers, Mike Hopton

p.s. So how are you going to register it

Comment

Working...
                                X