No announcement yet.

SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to just reiterate what others have said, but nice work Hamish.
    It must feel great to be at the end of such a big project.
    SS

Comment

• Originally posted by rs2315 View Post
      Eat your words kwlw

rs2315.
      You have been waiting a while to quote that post! I had forgotten all about it to be honest! Good memory!

Comment

• Haters will always hate hehe

Comment

• Epic project, epic results! Congratulations, and enjoy!
          Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

• I saw these pop up for sale and realy liked the look of them so I picked them up today. I think they have a look of the works wheels, and are the perfect size to take some proper tyres! They are Mercedes AMG Penta 9x16 et 11. I think I am going to cut the raised centre off that holds the badge and have them powder coated white.

I am also in talks trying to get hold another set of wheels which I have been chasing for a while. Have to wait and see if that deal comes off!

Comment

• Very similar to the compomotives that were available for the x-pack capri'd back in the day. V nice.
              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• IIRC those penta wheels are very soft and get dents in them quite easy...
                Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• I will try not to knock them then! I have measured them up and they are perfectly round unlike the Ronals which realy do seem soft as one of mine is out by over 5mm!

Comment

• nice looking retro wheels Did the Mrs mind you washing them in the shower?
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• The pictures are from the guy I bought them off. I dont think I would try that trick!

Comment

• Are they a straight bolt on fitment without needing modification to the center bore?
                        What do a set of them normally go for?

Comment

• I think the centre bore will be 66.6, probably need spigot rings
                          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• The bolt holes were only about 13mm so I drilled them out to 14mm today. Spigot rings are ordered and I have had a measure up for some spacers to clear the Porsche brakes. I think they will work, will end up looking very wide!

Comment

• Right a bit of an overdue update. I have been working through the final list of jobs to get the car ready for its first show in March.

The oil cooler has been finished up to my drawings

Throttle body has been to JP to get a little bigger!

Billet alloy rings from Dave Rowe!

I then made a centre console for the switches:

Finally to the wheels. I have had the centres machined off as I didn't like them. Then had them powder coated white. They do have the look of the original works Speedlines.

To get them to clear the porsche brakes and to fill the arches I needed some 20mm spacers from Kev:

Apologies for the camera its knackered! Final list is down to under 30 lines now so the end is in sight!

Comment

• wheels look spot on!

Comment

Working...
                                X