SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know who wellens works for lol

Car looks immense, those plastic saddles are a nice touch though, nice and easy to remove the hoses if you need too.

Comment

• Just a guess but whellens address is cumbria, so could be m sport, hopefully he will reveal all......mark

Comment

• He does work at M-sport, and they never get anything wrong...

Comment

• Lol. Tbh I wouldn't take the comment too seriously. From a install point of view it could look tidier but it's in no way dangerous or anything.

Comment

• From This

To This...

Would like to see anyone do better...

always easy to criticize....

Another Keyboard Hero!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• It's sooooooooooooo good, what an acheivement, what a thread, what a car. Well done that man. (I would have chosen P clips over cable tie saddles too )
              2000 B5 A4 Quattro Sport ~ 2.0 20V GT30R ~ Gone
              1993 S2 ABY Coupe ~ Gone
              1989 2.2E Coupe ~ Gone

Comment

• Cable tie saddles = lightweight and economic
                p-clips = medium weight and middle priced
                billet clamps = heavy and expensive

Which one is best to use, all of them depending what your end target is. Personally I would've hardlined everything only fitting braided for short spans where flex is required. Using p-clips. Not because it's the right or wrong way to do it but even braided lines flex under pressure so for ultimate feel and response a hardline is the way to go. In the same token I wouldn't have embarked to build such a car on my own at home and therefore would not even have gotten as far as fitting the lines in the first place

Looking forward to the dyno now
                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• WHO really gives a f**k how the pipes are held! This car has been built to a very very very very high standard and like le s2 audi says i would like to see some one else do better . I would chop off my arm to own this car .

Comment

• Clips? well if that's the only thing wrong on the car I think he can just about live with it

Comment

• Yep just about!

Comment

• Originally posted by UR ANT View Post
                        WHO really gives a f**k how the pipes are held! This car has been built to a very very very very high standard and like le s2 audi says i would like to see some one else do better . I would chop off my arm to own this car .
                        I'll go one better and give my left leg....

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• I remember seeing this project on edition38 first, and sitting there thinking I can't wait to see this thing finished, so well done for sticking with and seeing it through, what a beast!

Everyone has different opinions and thats why we all like tweaking / tuning our cars......if the brake lines are the only thing that isn't unanimously loved on this car I think you've nailed it
                          Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 Tdi (140PS)
                          Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 16v
                          2 x Audi URS4 2.2 20v Turbo
                          Audi 100 (C3) Quattro 2.2 10v Turbo
                          Audi 100 (C3) 2.2 10v Turbo (Auto)
                          Audi 200 (C3) 2.1 10v Turbo - Scrapped
                          2 x Audi 80 (Typ 89) Quattro 1.8 8v - Scrapped

Comment

• top notch work in my book
                            BEAST '90 CQ 24v VRT / O1E / v8 rear, HOLSET SUPER 40 http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=193#p37887
                            DD '86 4kq BLAZE, swapping aba/16vT and O1E http://www.theprojectpad.com/viewtop...1&t=201#p38264

Comment

• G60Rallye you're progress and the finish product is just.... A M A Z I N G..!
                              Congrats..!

Best
                              Greg

Comment

• Done some more work to the car lately.

Started off with making a front splitter. Big thanks to Keith Edwards for the plastic!

Next I made a new steering set up as the standard set up doesn't have a UJ and had ended up too high. Also finished off the raised floor for the pedals

Today I finally got the rear oil cooler plumbed in, and set the tracking.

Car is being mapped on tuesday. So hopefully all being well I will have some good news to report. I have the week off work so aiming to get it MOT'd and on the road!

Comment

Working...
                                X