SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post

wow! imagine seeing that in you rear view mirror!!!

looks the absolute dogs! fantastic work mate

Comment

• Originally posted by G60Rallye View Post
      Done some more work to the car lately.

Started off with making a front splitter. Big thanks to Keith Edwards for the plastic!

Next I made a new steering set up as the standard set up doesn't have a UJ and had ended up too high. Also finished off the raised floor for the pedals

Today I finally got the rear oil cooler plumbed in, and set the tracking.

Car is being mapped on tuesday. So hopefully all being well I will have some good news to report. I have the week off work so aiming to get it MOT'd and on the road!
      Who's mapping the car Keith Edwards or Keith murry ? And what power are you hoping for ?

Comment

• looking great as ever

Comment

• Its being mapped by Dave Rowe. I have some power figures in mind, but will see what happens on Tuesday. I have some Q16 race fuel to map it on once the road fuel is done.

Comment

• I hope all gose well and hope it gets the numbers your after and can't wait to see your car and have a lonnnnng chat .

Comment

• Hamish, good luck with the mapping car looks the b@@@@@@s, I went to the time attack round at knockhill at the weekend I think your quattro would run well in that c/ship, any ideas on what events your looking at, are you running at TOTB this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by s4boy View Post
                Hamish, good luck with the mapping car looks the b@@@@@@s, I went to the time attack round at knockhill at the weekend I think your quattro would run well in that c/ship, any ideas on what events your looking at, are you running at TOTB this year?
                I almost forgot, big thanks to you for delivering the plastic for the spoiler!

I am hoping to run at ten of the best yes all being well.

Comment

• Well done Hamish. Sounds like you're almost there and I am quite excited for you. Hoping I will not be too far behind.
                  Good luck with the mapping. looking forward to the results.
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Ran into problems with mapping yesterday. Firstly the car was too short to fit onto the dyno which cause a bit of head scratching. Decided it was easiest to pull the front shafts from the gearbox and lock the centre diff and run it rear wheel drive.

Started mapping and we were running with boost controller off just on the wastegate spring of 0.9 bar. Car comes on boost nice and early think we were seeing 0.9 bar by 3700. It holds for a while then the boost climbs with more revs. Had to shut it down at 6000 at 1.8 bar and climbing hard.

Did a few more runs trying various things, ran the wastegate with no exhaust direct to atmosphere to make sure its downpipe wasn't a restriction same result. Then pulled the top port plug and you can see the wastegate is wide open. So it needs a bigger wastegate 60mm tial looks to be the one. That means manifold off to be modified and exhaust will all need changing.

Going to leave the car together till after GTI international then pull it apart again! Its starting to get a little bit annoying this car!

Comment

• The car was too short for the dyno! I don't think I have ever heard this before! where was it dyno'd?

Just reading on facebook about the WG issues, it's shame but as you have the separate WG pipe it's not as bad?

Comment

• It was a couple of inches off dropping into both sets of rollers. Dyno operator said all dyno dynamics are the same.

I will need to have a look at how the hell I will get a 60mm pipe from the wastegate back into the downpipe. It cant go where it is now at the 44mm is more or less jammed in!

Comment

• What is the size of the turbine wheel and what the AR of the turbine housing?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

• What is the turbo and wastegate setup?

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• its a hts 3582 with a tial mvr44,
                              UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

• I went and took mine for a test drive last night straight after and unfortunatelly was met with the same results 1.8bar of boost and still climbing. Have spoken to owen developments at length this morning and spoke to jeffer aswell who appeared to also have the same issue with being unable to hold boost with a 44mm wastegate.

Conclusion we have come to is that the cylinderflow on the 3 heads in question is so great in the lower to middle rpm band that the wastegate is physically not able to bleed it of enough to regulate boost and as boost starts to creep it continuous to escalate like a self feeding system. Ironically all 3 cars in question have got the same headwork on them different turbo's, cams, intakes etc only thing in common is cylinderhead and wastegates. Guess it's good for me as it shows the true gains of the head especially as Owen Developments use the 44mm to support 700-800hp 2ltr engines with no problems. Unfortunately a pain in the butt for both me and G60Rallye as we both have to change our manifold wastegate downpipe setup.

My saving grace is I went with a screamer pipe so not as horrible as it could've been.

So the options are either to run 2 x 38mm wastegates, 2 x 44mm wastegates or 1 x 60mm which I feel is going to be the easier to plumb and fit in the long run.
                                UrS6 Stroker + HTA3586 =

Comment

Working...
                                X