SWB Quattro Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

Without words. I see page to page and ... WOW. Great.

Very Clean Project.
    .: MINI Cooper D 08' :.
    .: Audi Coupe Quattro 20V 91' :.
    .: Audi Porsche RS2 95' :.

Comment

• Totally outstanding project Hamish, good to see all your progress. I finally decided to carry on with mine again (sod the expence!), just cut out the old Safety Devices cage and ordered 30mts of Clubman 500 tube from Elmdon !!!
      SWB project, Quattro coupe rally car, Allroad, 100 quattro avant, Viva HB GT, Vauxhall Victor

Comment

• Finally finished off the exhaust this weekend.

Back silencer and tailpipe:

Wastegate pipe plumbed back into downpipe and on v-bands either ends as the downpipe wont fit into place when its perminantly connected. Managed to get it to the bottom of the downpipe so hopefully it wont hurt the flow too much.

A bit tight down there now!

So it just needs the tacks ground flat and then off to be tig welded by the guy that did the manifold.

I have ordered a huge Garrett intercooler core from America. Its 24"x 12"x 3.5" and good for 900bhp. More than I will need for now but who knows what the future will hold. I also have a couple of end tanks coming for it and a load of 3" boost piping which I will sort the same way as the exhaust and then take it to Nortech for welding.

Comment

• This just gets better & better....

Wish I had your skills, time and patience!!

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

• Stunning !

Comment

• I can't wait to hear that sound from exhaust... must be fascinating...

Comment

• awesome design. I like the oval pipes you use

Comment

• 900bhp
                  Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                  20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

• Subscribed

Comment

• Sounds like we need to make a team for TOTB 2011.....

Comment

• An Audi/ VW team for ten of the best is a superb idea. I think we could put together quite a good team!

I thought it was about time for an update. I haven't got much done recently as it was too cold over christmas to get motivated, but I did get a little done.

The Race technology dash 2 is fitted on an alloy bracket mounted on rubber to try and damp out the vibrations.

The brake lines landed this week from HEL performance, stainless lines with stainless ends swaged by them and only £10 per line which I thought was a cracking price. Test fitted them today obviously they all need held with P clips to tidy them up but you get the idea.

The master cylinder for the front brakes is the smaller of the 2 and its using a double banjo bolt, which means there are seperate lines run to each front caliper. Then out of the larger master cylinder with a single banjo which has a brake light switch incorported into the top of it, this has a line running into the cabin for the rear brakes.

From the bulkhead into a bias valve which will be mounted next to the shifter.

From the bias valve into the handbrake cylinder and then a double banjo on the outlet to split the lines to go to the rear calipers.

A pack of P clips will have the lines looking a lot tidier, I think it was worth getting them done this way rather than normal copper lines.

I decided to refit the front arches, bumper and grill over christmas as I was sick of seeing them on the loft. I think this will be the first time its had all its bodywork on at the same time.

I did a little work to get the panel gaps half decent, its not being built to win show and shines so decided it was good enough for a track car.

I have taken the decision to take the alternator and power steering off the engine to further cut down the front end weight. So the alternator is going to be moved under the car and be driven off the propshaft and I am going to use an electric power steering column from a corsa. That now leaves nothing that can be moved, so I am hopeful its close enough to 50:50 weight distribution to stop any massive understeer.

This leaves lots of space at the front for the huge intercooler which is due this month.

Exhaust waiting to go and get welded when the boost pipes are done.

I have been slowly buying up parts for various jobs. Theres some exhaust wrap to stop the cv boot getting toasted and heat reflective tape to do the underside of the car where the exhaust gets close to the paint work. Waiting for it to warm up before I stick that on. Also bought a Tial dump valve so it can have its flange welded on when the boost pipes are done.

Then there are some bits to get the plumbing sorted. A fuel lab fuel pressure regulator, holley lift pump, and a thermostat for the oil cooler.

So that brings it up to date at the moment. Like I said above the intercooler and boost pipes will be here this month so I can get them tacked up like the exhaust and off for welding. I have just put in a huge order of aeroquip fittings so all the fuel and oil lines can be run. There are 60 fittings in total which was rather painful paying for as they are expensive little things! They should be here next week. Then its down to an ecu and wiring before its finally running!

Comment

• Totally amazing! Keep on going!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                          Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                          BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                          BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

• what a stunning build!

Comment

• What ECU are you gonna run?
                              Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

• awesome work just as we have come to expect on this build
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X