Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
    50L of 50/50 water/meth mix, so 25L of meth would probably last about 2 days on track from what I understand

200L would last me a decent time for sure, it's great value to buy it in bulk, but I'm not sure I fancy storing it all so if anyone wanted some...
    I forgot you have a Dmitri tune on your's Mine's a bit more conservative!
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• So i got the flow valve / sensor back from Aquamist and was very eager to get it fitted back on the car and have some meth action.

Aquamist confirmed the rubber bit was enlarged which was restricting the flow - they sent me these bits back with replacements.

I took my time to refit it properly, drained the contaminated water-meth mix from the old tank and half-filled it with clean water then ran it without the valve to remove any old mixture from the pipes and make sure there were no airlocks. I drained 1/2 litre from the tank to ensure it was cleaned through and it as flowing properly.

I presumed given it chucked out 1/2 litre quickly enough that it must be flowing right before the valve and in the meantime ordered 20L of fresh methanol which arrived today so i filled the other 50% of the tank with meth and re-fitted the valve, hooked it all up with the sensor, and was expecting it to be good to go... but no. Same problem.

The moment you come on boost, the water injection light comes on just as you'd expect, and then the water level light comes and stays on. This is the same whether the level sensor is connected or not.

Does anybody have any clue where to even start now... i've just about ****ing had it with this car. Nothing ever ****ing works properly does it? I'm going to drive it straight into a ****ing wall at this rate. That's all the ****ing thing deserves

/rant.
      Current trim settings:

S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Have you got a good ground on the system? No dry solder joints anywhere?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

• Is boost pressure somehow getting back into the tank?

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry for my brief outburst gents, this car is just so utterly frustrating sometimes!

Anyway, i spoke to Dmitri who recommended i email Richard from Aquamist. I dropped him a quick email shortly after writing the previous post and instantly had a reply asking for my number.

Richard spent 30 mins on the phone with me at 9:30pm, walking me through the system, isolating and testing each part piece by piece.

We thought the pump might have swelled along with the flow-valve, but alas just the flow sensor not connected very well after it had become disconnected when the wire went taught under load, so after fixing all-that i took her straight out for a near-midnight run and remember why i love the car

There's something about going out for a late-night hoon, when the air is still, traffic is low, and there is a supermoon... then putting your floor to the floor with the windows down and the sunroof wide open that calms the nerves and provides instant relaxation. I'm at peace again, and as such must announce a new smiley to commemorate this moment

Gents, i also hope you can see how unbelievably helpful Richard from Aquamist has been. If any of you were in any doubt, i hope you no longer are and i cannot hesitate to recommend his products and services.

The only thing now is to stop the level sensor kicking in when only about 20% of the tank has been used.

Comment

• Having just had a little late night hoon myself, I can relate.

Glad you got it sorted Andy

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                I just posted you the same car with 2.5" vs 3" exhaust and 430hp vs 510hp with the only thing changed being the exhaust.

We had a backpressure gauge on the dyno on both of these runs.

Do you (or anyone else) remember what the backpressure was with the 3''?
                1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
                1994 80E Avant
                1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

• So now begins a new chapter in the project... i dropped the S2 off with Quattro Coachworks this evening, ready for her winter bodywork modifications.

I almost shed a tear leaving her behind, returning home and finding an empty garage where she once lived, like departing a long-lost friend.

She looked so sad when i handed the keys over and walked away...

But i already can't wait to get her back next year for a damn good thrashing

Comment

• Cool, whats the plan and timeline?
                    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• Quite a bit of stuff mostly bodywork restoration and respray plus polishing up a few other remaining bits on the car.

Timeline... quite a while i think. Probably well into spring next year.

Comment

• That's going to cost you an arm and a leg then...

Comment

• I bet the result will be stunning though
                          sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyP View Post
                            I bet the result will be stunning though
                            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

• With your list of mods I'm sure it will be one of the best looking S2 in the countery if not the best !

I'm looking forward to seeing this monster evolve 😄.

Comment

• Glad this has come to fruition Andy, I can't wait to see it complete.
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X