No announcement yet.

Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So spring has been and gone,as has summer by the look of it....
    Any updates to this as yet?

Comment

• I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to flag this up for attention

The car is still with Quattro Coachworks but undergoing major surgery as i type.

The scope of the project has somewhat predictably changed, and we've had some serious delays from suppliers in receiving parts which pretty much wrote off starting the project until a few months ago.

For example i ordered some wheels that met my exact requirements in November that didn't arrive until April, and even then they weren't 100% and i had to compromise on the colour. I was going for a very unusual setup on the car, and it became clear there were massive delays in getting these made after many months of "they'll be here next month" from the supplier. Obviously QC can't start fabricating arches when they doesn't have the wheels which they're designed to fit... and that's just 1 of the delays we've had!

The great thing now is that all the parts required have been received so it's all good to go, and things are back under-way again.

It's not ideal at all, and i don't expect to get the car back now until 2016, but these things happen and it's absolutely not QC's fault in the slightest. Ish has been great and very patient whilst i tried to resolve the part situation!
      S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• These things happen unfortunately...as soon as it goes out of someone's hands, then
        that's where things evidently go pear shaped. I get it on most of my jobs
        It will no doubt be well,well worth the wait though....

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
        I was wondering how long it would take for somebody to flag this up for attention

The car is still with Quattro Coachworks but undergoing major surgery as i type.

The scope of the project has somewhat predictably changed, and we've had some serious delays from suppliers in receiving parts which pretty much wrote off starting the project until a few months ago.

For example i ordered some wheels that met my exact requirements in November that didn't arrive until April, and even then they weren't 100% and i had to compromise on the colour. I was going for a very unusual setup on the car, and it became clear there were massive delays in getting these made after many months of "they'll be here next month" from the supplier. Obviously QC can't start fabricating arches when they doesn't have the wheels which they're designed to fit... and that's just 1 of the delays we've had!

The great thing now is that all the parts required have been received so it's all good to go, and things are back under-way again.

It's not ideal at all, and i don't expect to get the car back now until 2016, but these things happen and it's absolutely not QC's fault in the slightest. Ish has been great and very patient whilst i tried to resolve the part situation!

Comment

• Almost a year since your last update, what's happening??
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

• Oh ****, someone noticed

Further delays... i hope to have some exciting updates over the next few weeks though

Comment

• Now that Mr Newsh's shed is out the way you're up
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• True

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                sigpic

Comment

• Shed???

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by newsh View Post
                    Shed???
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• it is a beautiful shed
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• Not just your shed, John and Adam's as well

Comment

• Yarp, all these rusty old sheds getting in the way of progress
                          Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

• [emoji849]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

• Sorry mate, I'm only jealous