Project: RS2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TimE-J View Post
    The car looks and sounds great on track! I'd love to take mine on track but scared of braking it...
    You're lucky you even have tracks there! You should, just be careful and no need to push yourself too hard.

We still try and petition for a track to be made here in Malta but with no luck

We don't have any except for a 1/4 mile stretch of tarmac in an industrial estate they use as a drag raceway and that's it! Don't even bother taking it there cause I don't see the point in it, mostly a bunch of chavtastic cars anyway, I wouldn't fit in
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Tine to change that title as well. As its well away from an rs2 aby now!

sent with Nokia 5110

Comment

• Must be called an ARRGHS2 ABY now
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• Just took the S2 out for a blast in the snow... the bloody thing wont produce boost at all!!

I can't see anything obvious in the engine bay, but i went to give it some WOT with an RS5 behind me and... nothing. 0 boost on the gauge.

I drove it straight back home, occasionally seeing a little bit of pressure, and have parked it until i can get the car to VRS next week.

I was hoping for some fun-filled snow-packed winter fun

I also can't wait until i have the onboard computer up and running in a couple of weeks, so that i can easily log and export everything.
          S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

• Could be the wastegate being stuck after all.
            Or the dump valve.

Only other option is that the turbo is gone.
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

• Time to fit the original WG again i think, i've tried 3 different dv (forge and 2 OEM)... or as you say, turbo.

Let's hope not!

I've started on the RPi datalogger btw, i have a USB GPS device, USB OBD from the KL line and USB from Zeitronix. I'm still waiting for the RPi, but im confident when it does i can just stream from /dev/ttyS in Debian.

Should make for an extremely cheap real-time datalogger.

Comment

• Originally posted by prj View Post
                Could be the wastegate being stuck after all.
                Or the dump valve.

Only other option is that the turbo is gone.
                This has to be a stuck DV or wastegate. Probably the DV as I'd still expect to see some boost even if the wastegate wasn't fully closed.

I'm sure a completely shagged turbo would be making a nasty noise or blowing oil all over the place. I'm well pleased with the KX500 turbo, goes like a scalded cat and would have raped the RS5 off the line
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Yea I am thinking it's the waste gate playing up.

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  Time to fit the original WG again i think, i've tried 3 different dv (forge and 2 OEM)... or as you say, turbo.

Let's hope not!

I've started on the RPi datalogger btw, i have a USB GPS device, USB OBD from the KL line and USB from Zeitronix. I'm still waiting for the RPi, but im confident when it does i can just stream from /dev/ttyS in Debian.

Should make for an extremely cheap real-time datalogger.
                  And this is very cool stuff

Comment

• In-car RPi.....nice!
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                      This has to be a stuck DV or wastegate. Probably the DV as I'd still expect to see some boost even if the wastegate wasn't fully closed.

I'm sure a completely shagged turbo would be making a nasty noise or blowing oil all over the place. I'm well pleased with the KX500 turbo, goes like a scalded cat and would have raped the RS5 off the line
                      Both are easy enough to fix/change so that's good. Perhaps time to just get a complete new WG to rule it out.

The dismissive look the chap in the RS5 gave me as he pulled out to overtake my old Audi 80 was galling

Originally posted by prj View Post
                      And this is very cool stuff
                      GPS is great, luckily i work with them every day so i know what to do with the data. I'll get NTP to sync from GPS so that's time/date sorted. Merging the ECU data from OBD with the extra from Zeitronix and the location/date form GPS gives me everything i need.

I'll probably stick it all into a MySQL database and run an apache/php service and wifi to get real-time stats over a web interface. Bit of javascript and you'll have another HUD

Or could get an external screen i suppose, as has had HDMI out, and then just run a browser directly from the RPi. That or SSH over wifi to start with.

Comment

• Really sorry you haven't solved it yet Sonic , I do hope you find the problem soon, good luck
                        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

• All stock wastegates needs to be refurbished to be used with more than stock turbo.

All are tired and worn

Open the cap and check what's happening inside
                          RED Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 16 of 250
                          BLACK Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME nº 189 of 250
                          LWB Audi Sport Quattro project

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                            You can kind of see them in a photo somebody took at ADI

The rocker-cover slots back on in 30 seconds if needs be which is nice.

Pretty certain spark plugs are your usual bosch F5DPOR.
                            What mods have you done with the air box ? to coup with the increased power
                            RS 2 580HP

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco View Post
                              All stock wastegates needs to be refurbished to be used with more than stock turbo.

All are tired and worn

Open the cap and check what's happening inside
                              I don't think so.
                              And I have seen plenty "refurbished" wastegates where the tolerances were too tight, so they seized when they got hot.

Comment

• Wastegate stuck open? The car is sitting on cold weather and if it had been stuck open that would mean with the added heat from the engine gasses it would make things even worse. By the way, that is something that you can easily inspect. The piston would be kept up high and you would not be able to move back down unless you used brute force.

I had my wastegate stuck intermittently but only when warm engine which the ss piston would expand and catch the guide as the spring wouldn't allow any movement. In the end it has stayed in the fully open position.

Comment

Working...
                                X